4. Delphinium

Gambling With Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After an entire day of listening to the countless praises her friends had for the popular Chinese actor, including the random information that had been thrown at her by Myungsoo, she never actually imagined she would run into him and have him standing right in front of her.

Or rather, have him run into her.

In her friend’s apartment.

Krystal was going to freak when she found out.

Seriously, what were the chances? It was amazing how Hana’s luck was really a force to be reckoned with. She couldn’t tell if that was a good thing or not.

Yixing looked like a fish that had been taken out of the water with his mouth open, gaping at her, when she spoke his name out loud. She assumed that he hadn’t expected her to know who she was with her initial reaction. While he gathered himself, she took in his appearance again. She had to admit, he was handsome with fair skin and big, almond shaped eyes.

Hana had never seen one of his dramas because she preferred the action genre compared to historical dramas or romance dramas, and those two genres seemed to be what Yixing dominated in. She didn’t care too much for that sort of thing since she preferred to turn her brain off and watch mindless dramas where it was fun to just make fun of the inaccuracies in action dramas or watch variety shows that made her laugh.

“Oh?” he sounded pleasantly surprised, once he had gotten over his surprise of her knowing who he was. “You know me? From the way you grabbed me, I didn’t think you did.”

“I didn't before today, and to be fair, it was a fair reaction,” she mumbled as she slightly backed away from him, moving closer to the sofa. “What did you do to have girls screaming after you?” He smiled at her, and she felt her heart starting to beat faster in her chest, and she cursed her female hormones for causing a physical response in her like that.

Damn it, the man had a nice smile.

“Took a walk outside.” Hana raised an eyebrow at him. Yixing rocked back and forth on his heels, his hand still rubbing the shoulder Hana grabbed. She kind of felt bad for doing that, but in her defense, she didn’t know who he was until a minute ago. “I wanted some fresh air, so I decided to take a walk. I went to a convenience store to grab some snacks when I ran into some...fans.” The way his face twisted when he said “fans” was enough for Hana to know that he meant saesangs. “They decided it was a good idea to take pictures and harass me; I didn’t. I ended up having to run away from them, but there were so many of them that I couldn’t go back home or to a friend’s house since I would be risking personal information. I don’t even know how they found me.”

“Where’s your mask?” she asked, wondering why a popular celebrity would go out and risk exposure by not wearing a mask. Yixing looked down at himself, and then felt around his pockets, and then sighed. He looked like he had just remembered that he didn’t have his mask on him, and then he looked off into space for a bit before throwing his hand against his forehead.

“Uh, forgotten on the side of the road.” Hana simply stared at him for a moment, and he took that as a cue to keep talking. “So, I decided to run here and climb up the fire escape. I don’t think any of the girls saw me come up here, though.” Hana nodded. It seemed like a good explanation. Somewhat. Even if he was avoiding giving up the privacy of his friends, if those girls had seen him climbing the fire escape then he had just given up a complete stranger’s privacy. Not to mention if any reporters had caught it on camera, that would’ve been even worse.

“So...uh, are you a black belt?” Yixing asked once Hana had gone quiet. For an actor, he showed his emotions through his body language quite freely. He was probably only used to controlling his facial expressions. Hana could tell he was feeling quite uncomfortable with the way he was fidgeting.

Hana looked at him warily before responding. “In what?"

He stuttered for a bit before speaking. “...some form of martial art?”

“Why?” she questioned, studying Yixing. He wasn’t asking anything wrong, but her instincts to question were in full-drive, and she couldn’t stop herself.

“Because of the way you grabbed me,” he shrugged. “A girl without training wouldn’t have been able to grab me that way, especially because I seem to be taller than you.” She had to admit, though – he was smart.

She hesitated for a moment before answering him. “Taekwondo.”

“That’s so cool! I did wushu for a few years, but I had to quit when I moved here.” He was also very easily excited if his wide eyes that seemed to be twinkling were any indication.

“Interesting,” she spoke in a flat tone, deciding to put the coffee table back into place and the dining table chair back. It wasn’t like she was going to be able to follow Kris. An awkward silence fell over the two.

Her day just kept getting better and better.

“So,” Yixing spoke as he began to walk through the living room with his left hand rubbing the back of his head, “nice place. Ah!” He seemed to have remembered something. “You know my name; it’s only right that I know yours.” God, this interaction was only getting more awkward, and Hana wondered how that could even be possible.

“Thanks, but let me stop you right there, Mr. Zhang,” Hana spoke. Her firm tone caused him to turn around and look at her. She lifted her shirt slightly so that her gun holster and her badge that was clipped to her jeans would s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter