Chapter 4

The Flower that Bloomed Last Winter

Jinah watched as the fire slowly ate up the journal she just set up on fire. Clutching the stuffed toy tightly with an arm, Jinah wiped away her tears with her free hand and started walking away without looking back. When she got back inside the hospital, she decided to wander around for a while, she didn’t want to go back to her room yet. She thought about paying Kihyun’s mom a visit, she wanted to tell her how good Kihyun had been treating her and she was thankful to him for staying beside her and making her happy for the past weeks.

 

While trying to remember what floor she was in, a middle-aged looking nurse came into the elevator saying to the elevator operator, “The eighth floor please.” Oh, that’s right! She’s on the eighth floor, Jinah waited as the elevator went up to the eighth floor. “Eighth floor,” the operator said as Jinah and the nurse went out of the elevator, thanking him. When the nurse reached their desk Jinah rushed to her immediately, “Uh excuse me.”

 

The nurse turned to her and smiled, “Yes? How can I help you?”

 

“Do you know where Mrs. Yoo could be?”

 

The nurse chuckled at her, “Dear we have a lot of patients here with the surname of Yoo, which Mrs. Yoo are you talking about?”

 

Jinah wasn’t able to reply for a while and just tighten her grip around the penguin she was holding. “Uh, I don’t know her whole name but she has a son named Yoo Kihyun, he’s about my age.”

 

“Ah! I already know who you are talking about. The person you’re looking for is Mrs. Yoo Miyoung. I’ll accompany you to her room I was just about to go there too, I’ll just grab the things I need,” the nurse smiled at her and went to fix her stuff. Jinah was somewhat relieved because the nurse was kind enough to let her see Kihyun’s mom.

 

When they arrived at her room, Jinah noticed that Kihyun wasn’t there she can’t help but wonder where he is. “Dear, can I ask you something?” Jinah nod in response as she took a sit near the window as the nurse made her way towards the bed where Mrs. Yoo was lying down. “How did you know Mrs. Yoo and Kihyun?”

 

“Kihyun and I are friends, I met him here at the hospital not long ago.”

 

“Oh, I see,” the nurse continued to increase the IV drops and took notes for time to time. “Actually, I feel so sorry to Kihyun, she’s all that he’s got now that he’s father isn’t with them anymore. But look at her she’s here lying down here unable to do anything and Kihyun’s all alone at home. I really don’t know how the boy’s holding up, it’s been a year already.”

 

Jinah felt her heart race upon hearing the last statement, “I-it’s b-een a year? Wh-en was she admitted?”

 

“She was admitted last August 16, 2016, she was a hit-and-run victim. They never caught the culprits. Kihyun wasn’t able to file anything against them because he was too young to handle it alone.”

 

Jinah felt her blood go up to her head making her dizzy, she wasn’t able to understand any of the next things she had said after hearing the date of her accident.

 

August 16, 2016, who would ever forget that date?

 

A date that was also written down in her burnt diary.

 

Jinah stood up abruptly from her seat and went straight out of the door totally ignoring the nurse who was calling for her.

 

Jinah was so shocked. She didn’t expect to be friends with the son of the person they had run into. She also didn’t except that she was in the same hospital with her all this time. She couldn’t believe any of it. She tried to deny the fact that any of this was real but she knew deep down that no matter what she does or say all of this were true. She runs to her room and cried on her bed feeling guiltier than ever. She could have done something if only she knew, but she also knew that the damages they’ve done can’t replace with anything. She doesn’t know how to face Kihyun after this, her guilt wouldn’t let her live in peace anymore. She felt that didn’t deserve the happiness that she felt when she’s around Kihyun, she thought that it was unfair for him to stay beside her after she took everything away from him.

 

Jinah reached for a paper and pen as she weeps continuously her breath getting unstable. She tears dripping and smudging some words as she continues to scribble on it. Her stuffed toy was disregarded a long time ago, it lifelessly lay down the cold hard floor. After finishing writing the paper she folds it and wrote Kihyun’s name on the back placing it on her desk. She clutched her chest as she gasps for air, striving her way to find the alarm above her bed. Her sight started to blur when she felt a small button and used all her remaining strength to push it and collapsing after sending the alarm flaring up at the nurses’ desk.

~

Hello, this is Yeongdam Hospital. Is this Yoo Kihyun?” the person on the other line asked. “Hello, yes this is him, is there something wrong?” Kihyun stood up from his seat right away when he heard the hospital’s name.

 

Is it possible for you to come by the hospital right now?”

 

“I’m on my way there right now, I’m just waiting for the bus. Did something happen to my mom?”

 

No, no sir. We’ve got great news for you, your mom’s awake.


A/N:

sorry for the short update >< been busy for the past few days.

one last chapter left! ;u;

 

don't forget to commentand upvote :D

 

 

-ltmyjhjshcsy