Cupid

I Hate That I Love You [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Cupid

Lights, Camera, Action! 

 

Chaeyoung yawned, rubbing his head and glancing around him, as he stepped out of his van. The busy crew bustled around him, cameras and lights that were set up, seeming to always be filming. The director, red-faced with fury and a heavy accent, stomped by, leaving his assistants shaking their head. His eyes fell on a specific girl, nodding off in a chair, holding a script. The bags under her eyes were evident, the make-up artist was covering the darker shades on her pale skin, lifting her face to do so. 

She was breathtaking, even in a lacking state, but he would never admit that.

He kept his gaze fixed on her. “She's about to kill herself like this." 

Jeongyeon followed his gaze, glancing back and forth between the two actors. "Hm?"

The tiger just shook his head. “Nothing, let’s go.”

They walked to the university yard, where a huge group of students were casually relaxing.

.........

Chaeyoung sat on the grass, casually crossing his legs at the ankles. His hands were behind his back, as he cracked his neck and rolled his eyes often, scoffing over the students' childishness. Then, Mina glided on the set, sitting with her friends, who were near the ignorant CEO. The camera surrounded them, featuring the awe-stricken young man, stealing glances at Mina ‘for the scene’, as he was internally stunned by her beauty. Light make-up paired with a short white dress, white skin that glowed and made everything around her seem so much more magical. Smiling shyly, her eyes shimmered with an otherworldly light. 

.........

“CUT!” the director interrupted, clapping his hands. “Perfect!” he complimented, grinning at the two actors. 

Now out of his trance, the tiger noticed that Mina was uncomfortable with her dress, frequently tugging at the hem of her garment, trying to cover her lower section. He looked around for Momo, searching for her help, to no avail. (He also tried to find Jeongyeon, but that flirting rascal disappeared as well.)

He sighed, taking off his button-up shirt, leaving him in a plain and form-fitting black shirt, and tossing it in her lap. “Take it!” he huffed, crossing his arms and glancing at the ground. 

“CHAEYOUNG! Perfect! Wear it again!” the director hollered, ecstatically grabbing for his camera “Let’s make it a scene! ROLL THOSE CAMERAS!”

He wore his shirt again, as Mina muttered a little "Eh?", glancing around at the crew with wide eyes. 

.........

Chaeyoung took off his shirt, allowing it to gently cover the unsuspecting girl's legs.

Mina looked up at him with her shimmering eyes, full of the wonders of the entire universe. From black holes to white holes, every galaxy and every star and planet, all gravitationally held together at one point, her glowing brown eyes connected with his darker, colder (yet melting) orbs. “You don’t have to do that...” she bowed her head, eyes glancing down to the grass beneath her. 

He slipped a genuine smile at her adorable action, assuring her. “Guys are staring, it’s better” he chuckled, a smile still present on his handsome face. She bowed her head humbly again, as he stared at her non-stop. 

One of her 'friends' in the group smirked at the two, calling out to them: “Mina, Chaeyoung!”

They looked at her shocked, as she handed them a strawberry chocolate-covered Pepero. Chaeyoung snapped out of his shock, taking the sweet pretzel snack into his hand.

She giggled to her friends, excitedly grinning with the rest of her classmates. 

.........

“CUT! Perfect! Now next scene! Your lips will slightly touch, okay?" The director continued, satisfied with the scene. "We will take the scene from different angles, so you will have to do it a few times, alright?”

Chaeyoung closed his eyes and took a breath, looking back at the fair star, before once again preparing himself for the scene. 

As the set crew scurried around, preparing for the next scene, Chaeyoung sat next to Mina, nervously holding the Pocky stick

.........

Their eyes met again, with such silent yet present passion. He held up the chocolate-dipped stick, glancing at her once again before setting one end of it between his teeth. He shifted closer to her on the grass, one hand again on the sturdy tree's trunk. Her lips slowly met the other side of the pretzel stick, and he looked at her once again, before slowly inching his mouth toward hers

He was eating it slowly and she was barely moving, her eyes tightly shut. When their faces became closer he stopped and stared at her, closing her eyes tightly, he smiled sweetly while looking at her facial features. 'Cute,' he grinned, as he closed his eyes. 

.........

One staff member, a short woman with big brown eyes, faced the director's assistant, a tall and gorgeous, yet quiet, girl. “Is this written in the script?” she whispered (or, well, as quiet as a whisper would get out of her), peeking over the taller's shoulder. The taller's doe eyes widened, whispering back, “Uh, no... It was supposed to be a fast game!”

They looked at each other with surprise and shock on their faces, eyes popping out. “Daebak!” they giggled, earning a small side-eye from the director.

Meanwhile, the two mischievous managers, now back from their 'adventure', came just in time to see the scene unfolding in front of them. Momo gasped, touching her chest.

The taller manager sneaked a peek at her adorable expression. Her light, yet seemingly natural, hair framed her sparkling eyes. "Jeongie, aren't they just so cute together!"

He beamed at her, ears red, only able to nod his head.

.........

Chaeyoung, now with closed eyes, kept eating the Pocky stick. He opened his eyes, inching his face towards hers, until his lips were met with her soft, warm ones. Within a second, her eyes shot open in shock, as was written in the script.

She found loving eyes staring back at her, the pretzel stick forgotten. The camera was taking his face perfectly, as if from Mina's perspective. 

.........

“CUT!” the director hollered, startling everyone as the two actors, seemingly woken from their trance, snapped their eyes toward him. “Now, we need to take it once again, from your angle, so we can film Mina! But, Chaeyoung, you are perfect!” Chaeyoung smiled proudly, while the latter cast her eyes to the grass next to her, letting out a huff of breath, discouragement present on her face. The tiger did not ignore this, however, and wondered why she was so sad lately. They re-acted the scene, both actors perfectly masking their feelings. 

As their lunch break rolled around, the tiger-like actor was eating from his lunch box, next to a silent swan. He finished the last bite of his sandwich, finishing it before facing her. “We're doing pretty good, right?” he questioned, noticing her once-again forlorn feelings, as present on her face. She nodded, quietly laughing, “Unexpectedly, yeah...”

He laughed and nodded, as Momo jogged up to them, worry painting her warm irises. She let out a huff, before adjusting her attention to her actor friend. “Mina," continuing as she handed her the phone, "He's still calling.” Chaeyoung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, peeking over Mina's arm to read the contact name. 'Ji-young?' he questioned, glancing at the troubled actor, before looking up at Momo. 

“Jiyoung? As in, G-Dragon?” he questioned, cocking his head to one side. The raccoon raised one eyebrow, nodding at his statement. 

The tiger averted his attention back to the troubled swan once again, eyes squinted in mild disgust. “He's still bothering you? I mean, you broke up with him like 3 months ago, right?”

She crossed her arms and stared at him, a displeased look on her face. “And, how did you know?” She squinted her eyes back, skeptical of his apparent knowledge. 

He just scoffed, holding his chin up in a playful, yet boastful manner. “Social media, duh! It was all over the place!”

“What about you? You dated Yeri from Red Velvet, is she still bothering you?” He gave her a doubtful look. “Naaah!” he chuckled and glanced at her continuously-ringing phone. “Did he hurt you or something?” he asked her. Although the worry in his eyes was obvious, he would never, ever, admit to it.

She quickly inhaled, her expression immediately closing off. “It’s none of your business,” she huffed, getting up angrily. He sighed and watched her leave, his eyes lingering on her back for a little bit, wondering.

“Well, she'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter