✓ Scene 1

I Hate That I Love You [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Scene 1

Lights, Camera, Action!

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath. Day one!

“Alright!" the director exclaimed, clapping his hands together. "You will both be crossing the road. As you both pass each other, Mina will drop her books which you, Chaeyoung, will pick up for her!” the director grinned, earning a nod from both actors. Mina stood on the other side of the street, wearing a simple white blouse and blue jeans, showing her innocent student look. Chaeyoung stood on the opposing sidewalk, suited in a fit black tracksuit.

 

"Scene one – Take one!” the director clamored. “Action!”

Both actors started to cross the street, heading in seemingly opposite directions. On cue, Mina 'accidentally' dropped her books, and the young man kneeled to pick them up, as the director planned--of course, they imagined it to be much more magical than the current scene unfolding.

“Your books...” he addressed with no enthusiasm, barely glancing at the girl.

“CUT!” the director boomed, ruffling his hair as he walked to them.

“Chaeyoung! You look so cold and evil, you are supposed to fall in love with her from your first meeting!" He sighed, frustrated that his dream wasn't fulfilled (although, it was only the first take). He faced the dainty actor with a smile, complimenting "Mina, you did a great job!”

Chaeyoung nodded and looked at Mina with disgust on his face. “I wish I could throw these books at you instead of giving them to you,” he hissed, but she just walked away and prepared to retake the scene.

"Scene one, take two!” the director hollered. “ACTION!”

They did the scene again and Chaeyoung did well, deciding to keep his real feelings to her. He faked a lovely look at her, and after some individual shoots for each of them, the director called for a lunch break.

He walked to her as she was holding the script, memorizing the scenario.

“You still have problems in memorizing?” he mocked, standing next to her. “My scenes are taken in one shot, while you? Each scene takes three tries from you, tsk tsk..." he mocked, adding the hand motion while fake pouting.

She sighed, obviously annoyed by his childish antics. “Are you getting your revenge now?" She narrowed her eyes. "This isn't making you the bigger person, by the way! “ she replied, glaring up at him. He sat next to her and laughed “Sure thing, princess! Besides, I am your superior now, you have to respect me!”

She just rolled her eyes and looked back at her script, ignoring him, making him boil in anger.

“Minari~" Momo called out from behind them, slowly hopping towards them, Jeongyeon in tow. She smiled at the light-brown haired actress and cleared . "CEO-nim called with a message for you guys!” Jeongyeon was next to Chaeyoung, smiling at the girl's cute actions.

Momo took her hand and gave it a big , pulling up her bangs so that they sat up, similar to a mowhawk. Satisfied with her work, she began: “Try to show your close relationship with Chaeyoung by taking a selfie, and post it on Instagram," Momo slowly said in a low voice, squinting her eyes and talking slowly, trying to imitate the CEO as best as possible.

Mina sighed and nodded, a smile cracking out, due to her friend's silly actions.

Jeongyeon rested his arm on Chaeyoung's shoulder, adding “CEO Park told me the same thing, Chaeyoung-ah, people are anticipating your drama.”

Chaeyoung sighed, pulling out his phone. “I will post the picture since I have more followers than you." He aimed at Mina. He then sneered, looking up Mina's account. "You only have 500k, right?”

Mina just scoffed, side-eyeing him. “Aren’t you bothering yourself too much about my life, Chaeyoung-ssi?”

He just faked a smile at her, commenting “Unfortunately for you, Mina-ssi, some things are very obvious," as she glared at him.

Jeongyeon butted in between the two actor's feud, grabbing Chaeyoung's phone. “Let me take the picture,” he added, as Momo stood on her tip-toes to see the phone over his shoulder.

Momo then frowned, looking back at the two grumpy actors. “JEEZ! Sit a little bit closer!” she huffed. Chaeyoung rolled his eyes and sat next to her, their legs now touching just a little. Mina sighed and scooted closer to him, tilting her head towards his and putting on a smile. Chaeyoung gulped, looking at Mina’s face, which was just centimeters from his now.

The two managers smiled widely, while Jeongyeon held up the phone. “KIMCHIII!” he trailed on, snapping the pictures with a silly grin on his face. The two actors smiled at his actions, as did Momo. As soon as Jeongyeon stood up straight and looked at the two, Chaeyoung faked a cough and looked away, while Mina simply scooted back, picking up her script. 

Momo grinned, peeking over the tall man's shoulder. “They look really good together,” she cutely smiled, as he posted the pictures.

He looked up at them, then looked back at the screen, bending a little to quietly mutter to the shorter girl. "If lil' tiger over there heard you, he would kill us, but I agree,” he added with a charming grin.

 

 

The director clapped, looking at the two actors. “Okay, okay! Your chemistry on screen is perfect!” He complimented, as they stared back at him, blankly.

The director then focused his attention on Chaeyoung, looking at him seriously. “Now, Chaeyoung, you have a scene with Sana," he continued, looking back at the set crew to direct them.

“Oh, the kissing scene...” Mina muttered under her breath, glancing at her script again. She wasn't the only one who heard her whisper, though, as Chaeyoung looked at her in shock. “Who's the one that's bothering themselves with my life now?” he glared, taunting her earlier comment.

Mina looked downright offended at this, her jaw dropping at his childishness. “It’s in the script, you nutjob!”

He laughed and got up to the set, leaning on the placed desk. Now wearing a classic, black athletic-fit suit and putting his hands in his pockets, he was focusing on Sana while the cameras rolled. She stood behind the cameras, staring at his body from head to toe. 

The two actors currently on the cameras were talking, and as they slowly l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter