FINAL

Catch Me If You Can

"Dino?"

Seokmin was surprised to see his younger brother infront of his locker. He is facing the other way and didn't seem to hear him call his attention. He approached Dino with a confused look and gently puts his hand over the younger's shoulder. "Hey, I thought your not--wo-woah" 

But Dino flinched and immediately shoves his arms in defense. Both of them are shocked on their feet. Seokmin didn't expect the younger's action and Dino didn't expect to see his hyung.

"H-hyung, I'm s-sorry. I-I thought i-it's--" Dino stutters. Seokmin place his hands on either side of the younger's shoulder. "Hey. Calm down. What's wrong? You look scared. Is there someone making fun of you? Is that the reason why you don't want to come to school?" Seokmin asks in concern.

Dino shook his head vigorously and lock his arms around his brother's waist. Seokmin gets more confused and worried. He gently taps the younger's head. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I love you hyung." the younger mumbles.

Seokmin pushed Dino's shoulder away to make the younger face him. "Ya! You're making me worried. What's wrong? Tell me!" he demanded.

Dino sulks and shook his head again. "I'm fine, hyung. I-I'm just hungry." He fakes a smile.

The taller sighs and detached himself from his brother to keep his things on his locker. "Let me just keep my books."

Dino watches his hyung unlocking the padlock then he thought, how did Vernon unlocked it if it has a code that only hyung and I who know it?

He pursed his lips and looks on the other side as he analyze the incident. His train of thoughts were cut when he heard his hyung's voice.

"Chanie!"

"Yes?" Dino looks back to his hyung and his eyes widen when he saw the thing on his hyung's hand.

"Rose? Really?" Seokmin chuckles as he shows the younger a stem of rose he found inside his locker. Dino's mouth is open but no words came out. 

What the..

The younger harshly grabs the stem from his hyung and drops it on the ground. He stomps on it and smash the flower with his shoes. Dino's palms ball into fist as he destroys the flower on the floor. Meanwhile, it's Seokmin's turn to agape his mouth.

"D-Dino.." Seokmin then slightly backs off when Dino glares at him. "H-hey.." 

Just before Seokmin could ask, Dino immediately runs away. 

"Ya! Lee Chan!"


Seokmin didn't follow the younger. He knows his brother very well. When he's not in the mood, he don't want anyone to bother him and his hyung is not an exemption.

Seokmin had his lunch together with his classmates. Everyone in their table is laughing and exchanging conversations; meanwhile, Seokmin is looking from afar thinking the whole time if his brother has  already eaten. The boy came back to his senses when he felt a hand on his shoulders.

"Seokmin-ssi. Are you done with your food?" The guy mentioned looks up and nods his head in response.

"Follow me to my office. I have something to tell you." The professor grins and Seokmin obliged.

Dino is still on his mind as he walk along the hallway following his professor. Before entering the room, Seokmin composed himself, tries to clear his mind for awhile to focus on whatever his professor are going to tell him.

When they entered the room, a guy with a blonde hair welcomes them with a warm smile. Seokmin doesn't know the guy but still bows his head to greet him. They seated across each other infront of the professor's table. Seokmin feels a little awkward with the guy staring at him with a little smile. Kind of creepy since he don't know him yet. Thankfully, the professor speaks up.

"Ah Seokmin-ssi, I heard that your partner guitarist is not available for your performance for the school fair."

"Ah, yes teacher. Sanha will be having his own performance so he can't accompany me anymore." Seokmin told him with a very calm voice.

The professor smiles and nods slowly, "I see. Well, someone from Sophomore department approached me yesterday. He told me that he knows someone who plays guitar really well and he thinks that you two could be a great duo." 

"Aahh.." Seokmin nods.

"And here with us is Mr. Hong Jisoo. The guy that the sophomore student mentioned yesterday; they are brothers."

Jisoo move his hands to offer a handshake and the junior gladly took it. "Nice to meet you. You can call me Joshua or Josh. I am looking forward to work with you."

Seokmin bows again while shaking the latter's hand, "Nice to meet you, too. I am Seokmin. You can call me DK for short. And, thank you so much for your interest on working with me."

"It's my pleasure." Joshua replies without removing his sweet smile and loving eyes to the younger.

I'd love to share a song with you.

-------

Seokmin waited for Dino outside the dance studio of their school. Even without asking, Seokmin knows very well that this is where Dino runs when he's not in a good mood. And he's right. The door opens and shows an exhausted and sulking face of Lee Chan.

"Hyuuung~" the young boy runs to his hyung and buries his face on Seokmin's chest. Seokmin comforts him with his arms. "Hyung, I am sorry about earlier. Sorry." Dino mumbles.

"It's fine, Chanie~ But do you mind sharing it now?" Seokmin asks carefully while caressing his brother's back.

Dino looks up without detaching himself from his hyung and pouts. "Hyung.. I know who's sending you gifts in your locker." he confessed.

Seokmin on the other hand, furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "W-what do you mean? I-it's you--" but Chan shook his head in strong disagreement.

"H-hyung.. Sorry for always apologizing but.. sorry again, I lied." Dino doesn't know it but he's already crying. When his hyung noticed it, Seokmin immediately wipes away the tears. "Aigoo.. don't cry baby~"

And that's it. Dino cries out loud. Seokmin take his brother on the bench near them. They took their seat and the older hugs again he's now sobbing brother. But tears doesn't stop Dino in telling the truth. He rubs his eyes with the back of his hand and hiccups every now and then but still manage to speaks.

"H-hyung.. p-please.. p-pro..promise me.. you won't.. you won't talk.. to anyone you.. you don't know.. H-hyung.. promise me.. You're not going.. to befriend.. anyone we barely know.. H-hyung.. just.. stay with Soon..Soonyoung-hyung.. Wonwoo..hyung and Seung.. Seungkwan hyung.. S-Sanha and.. Minhyukie.. Please.. Please don't leave me for anyone else aside from them hyung!! Please don't find a new friend! Hyung please stay with me!!" Dino cried and throws himself again to his hyung.

It confused Seokmin, really. So he just chuckled and tried to comfort and convince his weeping brother on his arms. "But Dino, gaining friends does not necessarily means going away from your brother. You're in high school already. Don't you think it's kind of childish to say th--"

"But he likes you, hyung!!" he cried louder. Seokmin was startled and then he frowns. This is not making any sense, he thought.

"He likes you and I don't want you to get attached to him! He wants to take you away from me!!"

"He? Likes me? He?!" Seokmin's confusion is getting deeper.

"Hyung.. You're the only one that I have!! Our parents already left us and I don't want you to go as well."

Now, Seokmin understands. Dino grew up with only Seokmin by his side. Their parents abandoned them for their new families. And the fact that Seokmin will be meeting new people, it scares the younger. Dino feels that when Seokmin finds new friends, or like in this case, stepping in a relationship with someone else, he will feel neglected. 

But Seokmin knows to himself that it will never happen. Dino will always have him by himself until he's ready to let his hyung go. Also, Seokmin is not into boys to begin with.

"Hush now, Chanie. You know that I will never leave you for someone else. And, when did I start liking men? Huh? Stop worrying now baby." He sways his body from side to side to comfort his brother on his hug. "Stop crying.. I will cry too.." He fakes a sob.

Dino playfully hit his hyung's chest and laughs. Seokmin smiles on the sudden change on the younger's face. Although his tears don't stops on flowing it's a relief that he's already smiling.

"So, may ask who is it that triggers you? Do.. I know him?"

Chan's laughter sets down and his lips turn into a line. He shook his head and sighs, "That's not important, hyung. What's important is, I already caught him and told him to stop bothering you and me."

"He only bothers you though."

"Hyuuung!!" Chan exclaimed in disbelief and annoyance.

Seokmin laughs. "Just kidding. But is it fine to you if I keep the Naruto plushie? I really--"

"Fine! Fine! Just to stop you from whining and pouting hyung.." Dino sighs exasperatedly. The older beams and extends his hand to dry the younger's cheeks. 

"Dino-yah.. Thank you.. I am really lucky that you are my brother."

"I love you so much, hyung. Always remember that." Seokmin nods and ruffles the latter's hair.

They finally stood up and made their way home. "By the way hyung, are you ready for your performance for the school fair? Sanha was really sorry for leaving you."

"Tell him it's fine. I truly understand. Besides, I already found a new guitarist who will join me." Seokmin said excitedly.

"Really hyung? That's great! Who is it? Do I know him?" the younger asks. They already reached the bus stop and they waited at the bench until the bus arrives.

Seokmin looks to his brother on his side and smiles. "You will meet him, soon. He looks nice. Nothing to worry about."

Chan smiles too and nods in understanding. He stops worrying now and starts trusting his hyung more. He already caught the culprit anyway; he already caught Vernon. Definitely, nothing to worry about. 

But that's what he thought.

Truth be told, Dino failed to catch the real suspect; Jisoo.

 

 

 

END.

 

 

 

 

A/n:

Thank you for reading. The sequel/Joshua's side will be up soon. ♡