When We Met (Part 2)

A Little Too Bae

 

Continuation from When We Met.

A/N: So i have decided to change this entire thread to a compilation of different Sungyeon mini-series.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Fate has a strange way of working things.

 

Thinking back again, I guess I never really believed in fate as much as I would like to. Leaving it to fate makes me feel like I’m closing off all of my options to try. Rather than to sit back and relax, I tend to want to urge myself a little. Just a little, you know? It’s scary yes, but somehow I feel like there is always that reward at the end.

 

Though… What would the reward be?

 

It took a lot of contemplating, dwaddling and hair pulling during that period of decision making. The waiting list got longer but I managed to sign myself into the music class. A moment of impulse? No regrets. Thankfully, they still had a spot for me though applications were closed. There I was again with the same question. Could that be the work of fate?

 

Well, that was the start of my brand new semester…

 

The music curicculum had lectures to be attended to, as well as project assignments, homework, etc. Class was not exceptionally large so I quickly recognized that brown hair and petite form on the first day. After a few scans across the theatre hall, that is.

 

There she sat in the middle of the lecture hall. Legs crossed with the same gorgeous black guitar over her lap. Her fingers ran through the strings softly and I felt myself stop as I listened to the melody made from the wooden instrument. Everyone had their eyes on her. I felt drawn… the guitar was too pretty.

 

When she looked up, I looked away instantly. Again. It felt like a peek into something private. A smile slowly made its way onto her face, more of a smirk. She beckoned to me to sit beside her. I hesitated and she must have felt it then because she held her guitar out towards me.

 

She knew.

 

Well, she was letting me have another go at her guitar. It felt odd, but I reluctantly obliged to having the sunny deposition of light tinkling laughter as my seat partner for the day. Who knew, a day became a week…

 

Sungyeon joined us during lunch breaks. Nayoung, Kyulkyung and me, our usual bunch. I liked having all four of them as company, definitely. Though Nayoung and Kyulkyung just had this really intriguingly annoying smirk on their faces every single time Sungyeon showed up. Nayoung would then nudge at my elbows teasingly, to which I respond with defiance.

 

My form of defiance. Being super chummy with Sungyeon.

 

Nayoung would then behave as if she has won a trophy and that I should have known better. Kyulkyung would just look gleeful. Like I said… Just plain annoying.

 

 

“Your friends are amusing.” Sungyeon had told me one day out of the blue.

 

We were practising with our guitars in the music room, curtains opened wide for some sunshine. I glanced up at her words and gave a snort before continuing the strummings. A focused frown creased at my brows. It was then that it struck me…

 

I had not been at the tree for a week.

 

I had not listened to my singing angel for a whole entire week. What is wrong with me?!

 

Sungyeon had stood up and I felt her hand on my arm. She seemed concerned at my sudden panicked state. I let out the breath I was holding in, closing my eyes for a brief moment before opening them again. Her brown orbs were round and curious. I shook my head hastily and went back to my guitar strumming. Grateful that she knew when to retreat her care.

 

Singing angel… Did I think about her at all this week…

 

“Minkyung.” A soft voice interupted my thoughts yet again. I looked into warm brown orbs which were gazing into mine. “Do you want to grab a bite?

 

“Uh… Sure…” I guess I looked a bit dazed as she was giving me that teasing look.

 

“You seem lost. Literally.” She let out a chuckle and waved a hand in front of my face. “Hello, earth to Kim Minkyung.”

 

I scowled and quickly smacked that hand away, raising mine in the pretence to give her a smack. She stuck out her tongue at me and proceeded to pack up her instrument. Again, I guessed I had not stopped staring because she looked at me with raised brows. I looked away quickly and packed my own guitar. She was faster, obviously.

 

“Hurry up, slow poke.” Nudging past me as she made her way out of the room, she made me lose balance by knocking the back of my knees.

 

I fell and yes, I had my knees scrapped from the unintentional kneeling.

 

Seriously, what is wrong with this girl…