I

Unpleasantly Beautiful: The list
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 1!! It's a bit short but I promise the next chapter will be longer! I'm excited HEEHEEHEE! Tell me what do you guys think okay? Put your comments below!

 

"This is it."

 

Erin smiled at the building in front of her. She smiled really bright. It’s been 5 years since she stepped on the building last time. The building changed a lot, and she’s sure the standard of the work that they have also changed.

Erin walked inside of the building and smiled. She just so excited to see everyone. Well, not everyone. But yeah, maybe her arriving from Canada will change everything.

 

And what she means by everything, it’s really EVERYTHING.

 

She looked at her phone and stared at the blank screen in there. She turned herself 2 years before she was here. It’s been a long time, she just really didn’t realize that.

 

2 years ago...

 

‘The number you are calling is busy. Please try again later’

‘The number you are calling is busy. Please try again later’

‘The number you are calling is busy. Please try again later’

 

“What the hell is he doing? I thought we’re going to have a talk” Erin pissed off. She really wanted to talk to her boyfriend right now. She needed to set this straight. She waited for 5 minutes and tried to call again.

“Yes?” Mark greeted her, but it sounded more like a question for her.

“Are you asleep?” Erin asked him and got nervous all of the sudden, “I tried to call you a while ago but they said you were busy”

“Yeah I was in the phone with someone” Mark replied from the other side of the phone

“Who?”

“YoungB” Mark replied. It didn’t really sound convincing. She knew he lied.

“Mark, you forgot” Erin replied.

“Forgot what?”

“Mark” Erin replied, “it’s our 3-year anniversary today”

 

 

 

 

“Mark?”

“Yeah I heard you”

“You forgot”

“No I’m not I’m just busy and tired” Mark replied, “I was about to call you a while ago”. Erin heard his excuse. He lied again.

“Mark, I know you forgot, you should’ve just tell me,” Erin sighed. She love him but he’s really ignorant and it annoys her.

 

“Okay I am sorry I forgot okay? I’m busy Erin! What do you expect me to do!” Mark started to raise his voice. He would not say anything when he’s angry, but when he’s tired, he exploded like a volcano.

 

“I just don’t want you to lie,” Erin sighed, “why are you lying to me? I thought we need to be honest with each other. We settled that 3 years ago when we’re still together remember?”

“Oh yeah? Then settle this for me, what are you doing there? What took you so long to come back to Seoul? I thought you said that you will be here 1 year after we graduate! It’s been 3 years but you’re still not coming back”

“Mark-“

“What are you doing there?”

“I’m studying business Mark”

“Why?” Mark asked.

“I can’t tell you that” she replied. Yeah, she really couldn’t tell him that.

“See? You also hide something from me Erin” Mark replied, “it’s not only me. It’s you as well. And if you keep blame me, I feel pressured and I don’t like it”

 

 

 

“So, what? What should we do?” Erin sounded tired already. She just wanted Mark to understand, but at this point, they really can’t understand each other.

“Lets just end this” Mark replied from the other side of the phone.

“Mark breaking up is not the answer if we will keep coming back like we’re keep doing these days” Erin sighed, “we need to solve this”

“Then lets not coming back for each other anymore” Mark replied again with a cold tone. Erin gasped a bit.

 

 

This is happening, she thought.

 

“Are you sure Mark? Only if you’re sure” Erin asked.

“Yeah, I don’t know when should I see you anyway, you’re not telling me when you’re coming back” Mark replied, “I am sorry that we need to really break up like this”

“It’s...it’s..” Erin tried to hold back her tears. F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter