THE WAY YOU CRY

THANK YOU, I'M SO SORRY, LOVE YOU.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan woke up with a jolt.

"Luge?" 

The tired boy looked around trying to get back to his senses and, to his shock, he realized he was laying on the sand.

The left part of the face, which had been exposed to the morning sun, was hurting and Luhan was scared to look at his reflection in the mirror.

"Are you okay?" Tao helped Luhan get in a sitting position.

"Yeah, I am fine," Luhan giggled a bit, "I woke up early and got out here. I must've fallen asleep, the weather was so nice."

"Awwwwww," Tao cooed and then made a serious face looking at his face, "You need to take good care of yourself, look at your face it's all swollen from the sunburn."

"Is it bad?" Luhan asked and Tao shock his head, "No, just put a bit of cream on it and it will be fine."

"I think I might go sleep a bit more, I'm very tired still," Luhan said yawning and stretching as he jumped on his feet. All his body was hurting from sleeping on the sand all night but he couldn't complain.

"No way! We're all going to town for shopping, you can't go to sleep!" Tao said.

"Is Sehun going?" Luhan asked, avoiding Tao's eyes.

"No, we tried to convince him but he has important business, or that's what he said because I am a bit confused: does he study and own some kind of secret business?"

Luhan just shrugged his shoulders, anger building inside of him again, who cared if Sehun didn't like him. He could keep his work and business and leave friends behind.

"If you call having lunch with a beautiful girl's parents then that's Sehun's business," both Luhan and Tao turned to see as Kai and Kyungsoo came out in swimming trunks. 

"Don't worry, hyung's," Kyungsoo hugged Luhan, "It's not like you might think, they're just good friends."

"Oh," Luhan said rolling his eyes, "I don't care anyway."

"WHAT?!" Kyungsoo searched his friend's face for any sign of hurt but all he found was an uncaring Luhan, "You mean...you don't..."

"Yeah," Luhan giggled, "I can never be with someone like Sehun. I thought I liked him but all last week, I realized it's just infatuation nothing more."

"It happens," Tao said shaking his head, "But you never know..."

"No," Luhan said "I honestly don't care. I will find my prince someday."

"Hmmm," Kai nudged Luhan's elbow, "What about that guy?"

"Huh?"

 

"At university. Minho, I see you two talk a lot," Kai winked.

"Min...omg really?!" Luhan laughed out loud, "Minho teaches me to dance! I saw him once practising and I was so excited to learn and he offered to help me."

"Well keep an eye on him, he is good looking!" Kai said.

"I'll see you later," Luhan said and walked away.

Choi Minho was a nice person but Luhan had never given him much thought apart from when they danced together after the end of their lessons.

As he was lost in thought Luhan started walking up to the stairs and didn't realize Sehun was running down until they crossed the path.

Sehun stopped and looked at him, maybe to say something but enough was enough. Luhan couldn't deal with him anymore, not after everything the younger had screamed at him the night before.

"What's happened to your face?" Sehun asked but Luhan just walked up the stairs without even looking at the boy.

Luhan shut his door close and threw himself on the bed with his clothes on. Who did Sehun think he was?

Shutting his eyes closed, Luhan relaxed. He couldn't be bothered to put cream on his face, he will do it later.

Not even ten minutes had passed and Luhan was half dozed off when his door slowly opened.

"Luhan?" 

Luhan's body stiffened at Sehun's voice. He wanted to scream at the boy to leave him alone but he decided to save his breath and act like he was sleeping.

"Luhan?" Sehun said again and when no answer came, he sat down on the bed and Luhan felt the boy's eyes looking at him.

"You're so stupid, Luhan," Sehun said, "Why do always do this to me? Look you hurt yourself again," Luhan felt Sehun's touch on his bare sunburnt cheek, "You slept out last night, didn't you? I didn't mean to say all that and I know it's my fault I was very angry at just because of a stupid joke you were playing. But I honestly was very busy then. I hope you can forgive me."

Luhan didn't answer and he heard Sehun sigh.

"Okay I don't know if you're really sleeping or just very angry, but if you are awake then please forgive me for what I said to you. It's not true that I want to never see you again. I want to spend more time with you and I will once I finish this little project I have to do. I hope you understand, Bambi, I'll go now."

Sehun got off the bed and ruffled Luhan's hair, but the boy remained silent.

Luhan heard the door closing as Sehun left the room, and only then he finally let go of the breath he had been holding on for so long. 

His cheeks burning red, Luhan opened his eyes slowly.

This is exactly what he meant about Sehun's mood swings. The boy didn't know himself what he wanted.

Maybe it was Luhan's fault as well. Why was he wasting his time making a fool of himself in front of Sehun? Maybe Sehun was acting that way out of frustration.

Sitting up on his bed as his energy suddenly came back, Luhan made a decision then and there.

It was not true that if it was meant to be, it will be. Luhan couldn't let go of Sehun so easily. 

The only option was to directly tell him and see what would happen. The worse could be that he gets rejected but that didn't matter. 

Regret is something you can't live with, Luhan thought to himself. You can't let go and look back at this day and think how much you regret letting go when you could've done something about it instead of lay in bed like a loser. 

Jumping off the bed, Luhan quickly put some cream on his face for the small burn to get better and then he opened his wardrobe. There was nothing much in there but he decided to wear his favourite jumper and jeans.

Taking out the clothes and getting a fresh towel he got in the bathroom. He had to confess to Sehun. There was no other way to tell the younger about his feelings.

I like you, Sehunnie. That's all you have to say.

**********

At two o'clock in the afternoon, Luhan was ready. He didn't need to tell any of his friends as they were already out like Tao had told him.

It meant that even if the worst happened, there will be no witnesses to his humiliation.

The garden was ready and he had even baked the cookies again.

As he sat eating, Luhan took out his phone and called Sehun, his heart beating with uneasiness.

"Hello?" Sehun answered at the second ring.

"Sehun-ah," Luhan said.

"Are you...Are you okay now?" Sehun asked, "Were you sleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter