What is Love [400 subs special - Part 1]

10th Member

Do you know that part in 'Heart Shaker' song where I replace Tzuyu's part? Originally, she said 'Nan Tzuyurago hae' (My name is Tzuyu) and now it uses my name instead. Sadly, people really like the original version SO MUCH that some of them don't like it when I take that part. I lowkey love that part tho! It's funny to say my own name in a song. Ah! Actually, I got an idea to make an introduction song about myself as the 10th member of Twice. The lyrics will be about me, my struggle, and how much Once and the members support me until the end (which means a lot to me). I have told our song maker about this one day. I already have the lyrics in my hand that's ready to present if they agree to make it. The title is 'The Tenth' (in English). Yeah, a rap song, of course.
Hehe... So narcissistic. 

By the way, I've been wanting to do 'this' for a while and finally I can do it: I'm going to visit the cafe where I used to be a paid singer there. My aunt's cafe! I invite the members but only some of them can go along. They are Jihyo, Mina, Chaeyoung, and Jeongyeon. Kinda disappointed that the others can't come, especially Sana and Tzuyu, but it's still better than visiting it alone. This cafe means a lot to me, especially in my depression days, that's why I want people who I consider special to know this place as well.

Our car arrives in front of the building.
My heart is racing. I've told my aunt that I come to visit so I thought she would wait in front of the cafe and greeted us, like, super excitingly. But no, it stays as my weird imagination. As our manager leaves, the members and I go inside to the cafe. Jihyo and I, who lead the group, open the glass door.
It's dark. Empty. No customers nor staffs. Some of the chairs are put on the table like the cafe is still not opened yet. They change the decoration a little bit. They put some red curtains all over the wall that makes it a little bit elegant, although for me, it makes the cafe looks gloomy.
One girl comes to us from afar. She's kinda shorter than me (well, I'm taller than anyone, actually). She has a good posture. Her long straight black hair falls naturally on her purple patternless shirt. She is wearing long black trousers and some slippers, so casual. Does she work here? Why does she dress like that?
"Uhh... Annyeonghaseyo," She says hesitantly. "I've been told that someone named Ahn Haeju will visit today."
"Oh, yes! That's me," I answer her right away.
"Uhh, okay... Mm, I'm Gene (she gives her hand quickly, I shake it) and I'm the one who takes care of this place. I've been told to give you a tour or... Maybe you want to see around by yourself? Feel free to do anything."
"Who are you--" I ask.
"We'd love to take the short tour," Jihyo cuts me, "As long as you're not busy," She says again with her polite-friendly way of speaking.
"Sure, I'm available," That girl says.
After that, we follow this mysterious Gene girl.......

"Jin? Like 'Jin' from BTS?" Jeongyeon asks in the middle of the tour.
"Mm, actually it's Gene. In English, it's spelled as G-e-n-e. Gene," she explains her own name from behind the bar while arranging some glass.
"Cool, we're calling each other using English names too!" Jeongyeon says.
"Yeah, like I'm Dina, Haeju is Annie, Jeongyeon is Nat, Chaeyoung is Charlotte, and Mina is Sharon. The other members have their own English names as well," now Jihyo is explaining.
"Is Gene your real name?" Mina asks.
"No....."
"Huh?" I'm wondered. 
"Your online nickname?" Mina asks again.
"Or your pen name? Are you an author? Just like Annie...."
"It's my stage name," She answers our questions, "it's the name that I use while working here. I sing here on some evenings." 
Ohh..... That tradition still exists." Kinda weird to have a stage name in a place like this," I say, "but, yeah, cool. Anyway, does it still on Friday and Saturday???"
"Yes."
"But why is it 'Gene'?" I ask again.
She doesn't answer. After she's done arranging the glasses, she tells us to continue the tour. "This way," she says.

Gene is showing us the cafe's stage when Jihyo asks, "So... What kind of song do you usually perform here?"
"Normal. Typical cafe songs. Slow beat, ballad..."
"Do you have a favorite song?"
"Hmm... Honestly, I... Do you know Corinne Bailey?" Gene asks us back.
"That British singer?" Mina's confirming.
"Yes! Uhh... 'Put Your Records On'?"
"Yeah!"
"Yeah, hehe..."
"Ohh, soul... Good taste!" Mina says, "If it's Corinne, I like 'Like A Star'."
"Everyone's favorite..."
"Ohh, R&B in this kind of place? Must be enjoyable to see your performance."
"Do you like R&B as well?"
"I don't know... Here usually people only know Rihanna."
"Ugh, so true! Drake... Chris Brown..."
"Chris Brown is not that bad--"
"Gucci gang gucci gang....."
"Hahahaha!" Mina laughs freely. After that, both of them keep talking about music that I don't understand. It's kinda annoying that I can't join their conversation. Even Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo and add some comments a little bit. Everyone except me.
Jihyo notices what I feel tho. She comes closer to me and holds my hand. "You don't have to be jealous, It's okay," she whispers to me.
I hold her hand tightly.

By the way, it's pissed me off that many things have changed here.
The decoration is so bad. Where they put things are disorganized. They fire all the original staffs and there are not so many people work here anymore. Only Gene, as the manager, and some 4 people helping her. Mostly they do all the jobs and for me, that's not a very smart decision. I love this cafe because of the cheerful people. Now they lose the charm. The theme of the cafe is darker than before, I hate it. I feel like I'm losing this cafe so much. I can't recognize it anymore.
Well, Gene also says that the customers are not as many as a few times ago. I think the main reason because of the concept change. It must be her who changes it!

After the tour, I take Jihyo to the restroom and tell what I think about it. I cry a little bit (as usual, so drama). She calms me down. 
We order some foods (Gene is working alone at the moment so she cooks all of our orders by herself although it takes a lot of time!) and enjoy our time for a while there. When our manager finally picks us up, we say goodbye to Gene and leave. I tell myself that I'm going to visit this place again. I need to talk to my aunt. I won't let this cafe goes downhill!

Not like this!!!

 

 

 

(to be continued)


((a/n)) Add 'Gene' as your friend in aff! She is @MeowieJung, the winner of BNG event :D