Sunny Side Up

10th Member

"Sometimes, you just wanna fly, Unnie," Tzuyu tells me. We are looking at the sky together. I forced to sit on the grass although it's wet. I can see the part of her blue jeans is weat now but she doesn't complain. I feel guilty a little. But looking at her serious gaze and small flat lips who never hesitants to say anything to me, I feel more secured.

"Yeah, I really wanna fly," I answer her.

"It's funny because I think your weirdest dream is flying at the sky. You always mention about it. Like, all the time!"

"Hehe... Do I?"

"Yes! You never talk about something as absurd as it this often."

"But this time you mention it first," I say.

"Yeah...." She still speaks without looking at me. Her arms are supporting her body from the behind, just like I do. Our hands are so close together. My heart keeps telling me to hold it. I check her, worrying if she's watching me. 

"Veronica.," I call her.

"Yes?" She turns her head.

"May I...." I can't continue my sentence.

"...What?"

"Nn... Nothing."

She doesn't even bother to ask what's happening to me. Well, I always tell her anything anyway. But it was before.....

 

"Aaannnieeeeeeee!!!~~" I look at the behind of my head. Sana is running towards us while raising one of her hand. The other hand is bringing a shopping bag. Momo and Mina are following.

"Huh, the Gay-line," Tzuyu mumbles.

Sana hugs me as soon as she catches up, faster than the other two. "Look what I've bought!?"

"What is it, Sunny?" I ask her.

She takes out a wrapped sandwich from the bag. "Your favorite!"

"My favorite?"

"No?"

"Just kidding," I smile< "It is! Aww, thank you," I say. She looks so happy to hear.

Sandwich is not my favorite food....

"And one is for you..." Sana takes another sandwich and gives it to Tzuyu. 

"No egg-- Oh, great!" Tzuyu takes it excitingly. I check my sandwich. It has a sunny side up in it. Still, not my favorite but I know who's the one who doesn't like it....... "Where's the drink?" Tzuyu asks again with food is still in .

"Sharon has them...."

After a while, Mina and Momo arrive. They sit beside us. I help Mina to take out the beverages. She is startled a little. I guess she doesn't expect me to do that. I hope our unspoken problem will be settled down soon..... "What's in Luna's bag?" I ask to break the silence.

"Oh, this is a supply for our dorm," Momo answers.

"A lot of snacks! Don't worry, Honey, I know what you like," Sana adds. 

After that, we enjoy out little picnic together. I'm glad that Sana suggests this idea. I feel great! As the elders, Sana and Momo lead the conversation. Sometimes, Tzuyu talks too. Mina doesn't do a lot but she looks bright. Sana is being clingy in front of them and I feel a little bit embarassed. She never acts like a normal person but I'm not surprised, I guess that's why I love her. The phone in my purse keeps vibrating. I try to ignore it and enjoy the afternoon. I know from whom that is tho. Must be our leader, curious about our condition. My condition.

This month's scheduled is full. So, it's great to have a break, although it's just for a few moment like this. Chilling with my friends. Looking at the other people doing their things. Some of them exercising, cycling, some kids are playing balls, dating, or having a similar picnic with us. I'm having a good time. 

"Unnie, do you still wanna fly?" Tzuyu snaps her fingers. "What are you looking at?" She whispers.

"Huh, none of your bussiness..." I get annoyed because that's embarassing.

"Nica, are you bothering my girlfriend again?" Sana yells. "Find your own ship!"

"Geez... Chill."

"You're literally TOP 3 the most beautiful woman in the world! Why are you alone?"

"I... I'm not alone..." Tzuyu says hesitantly.

"Oh, you have a ship???" Momo gets excited.

"That's not what I mean...."

"A crush??!"

"Ooh, Nica is an adult now..."

"Unreachanable anyway....." Tzuyu whispers to herself. I think no one hears it but since I sit next to her, I can. "No no.... Forget it. I'm young and independent!" She says at the end..

"Huh, not fun," Sana says before changes her position and sits properly. I look for her hand, grab it. I can feel her all her bones and smooth skin on her skinny hand. She grabs back firmly. Warm. I notice that Mina looks at it for a second. It's obvious when she's feeling something. She can never her cute pout from me.

 

I hear Tzuyu sighs quietly....

 

I sigh.....

 

My life is so drama right now. I look at the clouds hanging above me. Imagining myself floating around them. Experiencing the air blowing my shirt. Racing with the birds to reach the sun. Meanwhile in real life I'm holding my own Sunny, with boring love stories fill my every days. My future seems so dark, I wonder how this will end. Tzuyu looks at me quietly watching the sky again. Mina drinks her cola. Sana is till talking with Momo. My phone vibrates. I wonder what I should do.....

 

I turn my head. "Sometimes you just wanna fly, Unnie," She said.

 

 

 



(a/n) I've been reading recently, so hopefully my writing style will be upgraded a little bit lel... This chapter is just a random quick update to fill in the blank >.< My job will be officially started at Feb 19th and my new laptop won't be available until next week approximately (and I'm dying bcs of it aaaaaahhh!!!!). Ah, I don't usually celebrate it but next Feb 15th will be my birthday~ I'm gonna have a video chat with my gf. We are far apart so, hopefully, it will work....

Many of you guys like Haeju x Jihyo more. Or Haeju x Mina. The story is going there, tbh. Suggest me a ship name for them pleaaaaaaaase so I can start writing about them :3