Magical Likey [Comeback Special 2]

10th Member

I think this is the time to use it, I say before take a little bottle that I've been hiding it for a long time. Before anyone comes in to my room, hurriedly I open the bottle up and drink the glowing pink liquid inside. Not long after that, the effect seems to start working. But... 

 

Oh no.... What's happening to me??!

Right now, I'm in a van with Twice.

Another schedule is canceled. We are now going back to the dorm. As expected, everyone looks sad. Tired. Restless as they are all waiting for one important information from our managers.....

"WHERE IS SHE ACTUALLY??!" Sana yells all of sudden. 

The others are startled for a sec, but they get used to it. It's not shocking anymore. I see Sana's eyes start to get teary. "Oh no, not again....." someone says.

"Se... Seriously, guys, where is she? Is she safe? Wh... Why is this happening to her....." Sana's lips are trembling as she forces herself to speak while crying. Jeongyeon, who is sitting beside her, pats her back to calm her down.

"Let's just hope she is fine," Jeongyeon murmurs.

"Does she run away from us? Does she kidnapped? Does she die??!" Sana exclaims again.

"Stop saying non-sense!" Jeongyeon tells her.

"Ah, why is Sana crying againnn...?" Another trembling voice is heard. Jihyo reaches Sana's hand, "Most importantly we are all here, okay? All we can do now is keeping each other safe. Let the staffs handle the rest," she says.

"I hope Haeju Unnie is found soon," Chaeyoung says.

"Yeah...."

"Yeah...."

But I'm here! In a van with them. If only they knew that..... I'm not missing as they think. That mysterious liquid makes them cannot see me. Yes, I become.....

 

....invisible.

They can't see me. They can't touch me. I can't touch them. I can't speak to them. I can only hear them....

The old lady who gave me this magical drink said that it would grant me a wish. But I don't think it works..... It turns myself become like this instead. How can be being invisible related to my wish, which is, to be loved more by the members?

Meanwhile, Sana is still crying. Jeongyeon already looks tired, but still trying to calm her down. "Where are you, My best friend?!" Sana whines. "Haeju has always been a good friend of mine. She is kinda ignorant and likes to avoid people but, I know, it's all because she is so fragile. She gets scared easily. Omo, is she scared now? Is she crying again? Really, what is she doing now......"

"She is okay," Jeongyeon says, "Haeju is a tough girl, right? We should believe in her."

"But...."

"I'm sure she is okay, Sana."

Nayeon smirks. "Huh, I wonder what will happen if Haeju looks at you crying like this...... Ah, right. She would be crying as well."

"That's also what I think. Her heart is just so soft, I guess," Chaeyoung adds.

"Yeah...  You know, I'm as old as her but I never see her that way. Being a crybaby makes her looks immature. But at some points, she has this way of thinking that's more mature than me. She treats people like we are all independent and tough. She trusts us. Sometimes, she doesn't give a help to me easily so I can learn to do it by myself. She lets me grow! And she knows when exactly to help me, right when I really need it. She is a wise adult...." Everyone is listening to Nayeon closely. "I think she easily accepts other people flaws as well. She never blames other people. If there is a problem, mostly she evaluates herself. I think that's what being strong is." Some people murmur as they agree with her. No one denies.

 

"For me, Haeju is smart," Momo says, "I mean, one day she just sat on a sofa doing nothing. When I asked what she was doing, she said she was thinking about something. And she is always like that: Thinking. It's not that she has problems, she just has so many things on her mind."

"Not to mention she is good in speaking English tho," Jeongyeon adds, "She also has a good sense in variety show. She's even better than average comedians. She must be genius."

"Yeah....."

"I think Momo and Jeongyeon unnie are right," Dahyun says, "She is smart indeed. Haeju Unnie speaks fast, like how a smart person does. When I told her a problem, maybe she took times to answer it, but then she gave me a really good solution. She can give an answer that's different from what the other members give. The good one. She has her own perspective on things and I admire her for that," Dahyun adds. Again, the members are listening closely. No one cuts her.

"She is also brave. Remember, when we visited a haunted house. I walked with her and she didn't scream at all. Jeongyeon left me at that time, so I embraced Haeju instead. She protected me until the end. Not like Jeongyeon who sometimes teases me...." Nayeon tells while looking at Jeongyeon in the end. She replies Nayeon only with an annoyed face. After that, we all become quiet again for a while.

 

"Speaking of which, for me Haeju is all about visual.........." Jihyo breaks the silence. My heart flutters hearing that. "She is not just so tall. Her waist is small. Her skin is fair. It felt soft when I leaned to her. It was beautiful when she smiled while showing her gums, but it was y when she just closed it naturally. Her slightly pink lips look even softer. It's not exaggerating if you say that she is perfect.........."

"....You lie if you look at her eyes without feeling any twitch in your heart." That one is Momo. "She is beautiful and she knows it. She secures it elegantly. Do you know that even her nose looks curvy from up close? Her face is a definition of a perfect jaw. I just feel so lucky to have  that once hehe... I'm blessed." Momo confesses.

"To be honest, I don't know why I like looking at her dancing from the back side. It's like being a secret admirer for a right person. I like it when she's doing wave that makes her hair falls elegantly and flies following her direction. Makes me immediately want to backhug that Unnie. Really, really tight," Chaeyoung adds.

"She is so y indeed. Her long legs are so slim. It would be a heaven for me if it's opened in front of my face......" Nayeon is looking through the window with a slight smile on her face. "I think we don't even need to mention her beautiful , right?"

"Aww..... Apparently, we all think so dirty about her. I feel kinda betrayed!" Sana says.

"Why?"

"Because I thought it was just me....."

"Huh... Yup, she is wise, smart, brave, y, and has a really soft heart." Jeongyeon chuckles. "What a weirdly perfect combination, don't you think?"

"But I love her however she is!" Jihyo cuts her, "Even though she is changed one day. She has been a good friend to me and it will never change. Never. Haeju, you hear that?" Jihyo shouts to nothing. "Hey, Haeju, Mm... Me.... Me likey!!!" Her eyes get to be teary again. And she chuckles as she realizes how silly her confession is. 

 

"Ohh.... I just miss her."

 

Everyone looks at Mina naturally. Probably they are all surprised because she said the exact thing that the others are trying to say. Now, I understand why this liquid makes me invisible. It doesn't make me more loved by them but, instead, it makes me realize that I've loved so much by them. Their love is already unlimited. There is nothing beyond that..... 

Ahh.... I wanna scream that I miss them. So much! I can't even cry anymore as they've predicted. I just miss them! But what can I do? That halmonie (grandma) said there is only one way to break the effect. I should make one of my friends aware of my existence. I was confused when I first heard that, but now I understand. But haha... It's impossible, right? Basically, she said that this curse is unbreakable.

I guess I've learned my lesson.......

"Actually, she is a ing troublesome Unnie!"

 

Everyone's shocked to hear that. I don't need to see who is that because I can recognize her voice. She is the only person who hasn't talked until now. "You all talk about how perfect she is without knowing the truth. That makes me so mad," she sounds so serious.

Tzuyu-da (it's Tzuyu).......

"I'm so sick of her! How can a person complain all the time? About everything!" She exclaims. "Yes, she is sensitive. But that makes her sees everything as a problem. She always worries about what hasn't happened. She always worries about anything she has done. Nothing is good enough for her. No one is good enough for her. There is always a problem everyday. Every single day! If there was no problem, she was trying to find one. Like, anything turns off her mood. And when she is in bad mood, she never stops whining, or even crying. She talks non-stop, even before sleeping, or the next morning. She always wants to tell her stories. If no one can't be her listener, she will be sulking all day and makes you feel guilty. One word: Annoying."

I don't know my roommate thinks like that.......

"But that's not the worst part. Hoho no! The problem is Haeju Unnie never listens to people. She is so skeptical. Maybe she thinks she is better than everyone, I don't know. If you try to give her an advice, yes she will hear, but she will never follow it. Doesn't matter if your advice is good or bad, she just can't trust anyone. Don't believe her when she agrees while listening to you haha... Because she is not. Never! That's being said, she will always cry to you, whine to you, but there is nothing you can do to help her. I mean, I know being a listener can make her feel better. But her problem is always the freakin' same thing! It's mostly because she doesn't want to change her way of thinking. I just want to help her, but I can't! She rejects my freakin' advices. That's torturing!!!"

Why does she never tell me about this........

"Unnie might ask how you are doing. She is sensitive, after all. She can easily detect your problem. But, she is not caring. No. Mostly, she just asks. Unnie never likes to be involved with anything, especially 'problems'. She only helps you whenever she wants. Only if she feels like it. She is not kind, you know? She is ignorant, even with her closest friends. She just looks caring outside, hmph! And she is also an arrogant person. She likes over-smarting people. She likes to make you feel weaker or dumber."

Nothing ever makes Tzuyu this emotional before. I guess I'm that bad.........

"Ah, have I mentioned that she is a drama queen? Whoaa.... She is the worst! She always makes a little thing looks bigger. And even worse when she is sulking out of nowhere. She will leave you, makes you feel bad, and that's only to make you approach her. She never wants to approach anyone first. Maybe she thinks she is strong enough to live alone. Unnie is also dying to get attention. She always wants to be loved. Being her friend is tiring af, you know? You will always be the one who's making effort while she is doing nothing. She is that kind of roommate...."

Okay, stop it. I get it.........

 

"Who needs Haeju Unnie anyway? Twice is already perfect with 9 members. In term of music, we're enough without her. Jihyo Unnie, am I correct?" Tzuyu ask.

"Yes, that's true, Tzuyu-a," she answers her hopelessly. "Nayeon is great enough as a main vocal. So are Dubchaeng as rappers. Even the other members can rap as well. 9 of us already have wide voice range and various colors. I guess you're right Tzuyu....."

"How about visually? Are we not enough, Nayeon Unnie?" Tzuyu asks again.

"No. All of you are pretty and young. We're fine....."

"See?! "

"To be honest, I didn't get it when she told us the story about PD-nim telling her the reason behind adding Haeju to Twice," Mina says. Everyone is paused. "Does anyone remember that evening, when Nayeon and Jeongyeon interviewed her? To be honest, her story didn't make any sense for me. I couldn't even say anything as it sounded so wrong......."

"You're not the only one, Mina," someone answers her.

"I think the same way....."

"Me too."

"I'm still confused why is she added to be the new member."

"Yeah, OT9 is enough."

I'm sorry for existing, Tzuyu-a.... All......

Tzuyu clears . "You guys are all right! Twice doesn't need its 10th member. At least, not Haeju!"

Stop it......

"Do you guys wanna really know what I thought when I heard that she was missing???"

Please stop it..........

"I AM GRATEFUL!"

Just stop it.........

"Don't hide your true feelings, guys! I know you feel the same."

 

Stop it..............

 

"STOP IT, YOU FOOL!!!" Sana shouts. I lift my head. Her cheeks are already dry. Just mad. 

"Why, Unnie, why?! You don't like what I say???" Tzuyu confronts her. Satzu, these two never get along. Well, at least since I join Twice. One of my biggest mistakes, apparently.

Sana is paused for a while. "You have no right to tell her what to do. It's not like she owes to us! I love her not because she loves me anyway, so stop.....

 

 

 

.....Stop mentioning what's obvious."

No one says a thing. For a long time. No more talks about me or anything else. I can read their faces. Some of them look mad, or sad, or just flat. That's it! I really need to break this curse. I don't want my friendship with Twice ends up like this. C'mon, think! There must be a way to break this curse. Arghh, nothing! I can't touch them. They can't hear me. There is nothing I can do. 

 

I give up.........

 

I look at them one by one. I hold Sana's hands. "You always call me by 'love'. Don't you know that I love you too?," I ask her. She can't hear me. "I'm sorry that I never tell you that, okay? I'm sorry that I never show it properly......"

I release Sana and grabs Jihyo's hands. "You're younger than me, but you take care of everyone. Including me..... I'm ashamed, Jihyo-a. I shouldn't let you bear my responsibility......."

Mina...... "You, and the other members, have taught me what being loved is. I'm so happy to have you as my friend, Dear Little Pingu. I should have made you smile more often. Because you did that to me....... 

......Thanks for always listening to me.....

......Thanks for accepting me so far......

......Thanks for teaching me so many things.....

......Thanks for laughing with me......

.....Thanks for giving me many good memories......

.....Thanks for treating me well......

.....Lowkey thanks for being attracted to me too......"

I don't care if they can't hear it, I hold their hands one by one and tell them what I feel. "Guys, I lov--" Ah, you guys are already sick of it, aren't you? After talking to 8 eight of them, I've realized that confessing my feeling isn't enough. I need to show my love as well. If only I've given one more chance, I promise I will behave.....

 

Anyway, when it comes Tzuyu's turn, my heart is fluttered. She looks mad. Still. But she looks so..... Gorgeous. Suddenly, I realize how beautiful our maknae is. She has been so patient with me. Oh gosh, she is just a pretty and innocent woman, what have I done?! I look at her face..... Her gesture.... Her smell..... I'm being called. Instinctively, I hug her. My heart is beating so loud! Can she hear it?

Suddenly, the car is bumping. My head feels heavy. I feel like we are going backward. The light around flashes so bright. I look at her face once again. Wiping her tears. Like magic, suddenly she turns her head and looks at my face blankly. My heart is racing even faster. Can you hear that?

 

 

 

I hug her tighter.

"O...!"

A familiar beautiful voice is heard. It's bright, but I force myself to open my eyes. Tzuyu's face is just a few inches from mine. She is smiling, before leaving me. "Tzu.... You should know that I--"

"Juuuu~ Are you okay?!" Sana jumps out to see me. I'm laying on the bed in my room. Somehow, I feel so exhausted. I just realize Sana and Tzuyu are here without anyone else. Wait, why does satzu get along?

Sana gives me a cup of tea, "Be careful, this is hot. You were so pale and cold, you know, Ju? Like a dead body. We were so worried about you! No one is in the dorm right now. Just three of us. Now Tzuyu's calling the managers that you already wake up. We will take you to the hospital after this to make sure you're really fine, okay?"

"I think I'm fine....." I take a sip of the tea.

"Oh, sorry, I cut you earlier. I was just so worried," Sana says, "I think you wanted to say something. What is it?"

"Tell what?"

"I don't know. Maybe you just had a dream...?"

"I don't remember......" I say while trying to remember anything. I feel like I'm missing something important. I'm so clueless.....

 

"Oh, what's this?!" Tzuyu comes as she has finished calling. Looks like she finds something.

Sana takes that thing from her hand. "There is a residue of a glowing pink liquid inside. Is this yours, Haeju?"

"Don't confuse her, Unnie, she just woke up," Tzuyu says.

"OH, THAT BOTTLE!!!" I shout, "ARGH.... I CANNOT REMEMBER!"

Tzuyu holds my hand. "Chill, Unnie.... Don't force yourself, it's okay."

I keep trying to remember anything happened before I passed out. Nothing comes out. I feel like there's something important I've discovered. Something that I've learned about how to treat the members. With a head that's still dizzy, I look at them both. My very best friends. I force myself to say something that pops out of my mind...... "Guys, I lov--"  Ah, no! Enough with the cheesy thing. Something is telling me to change. Something is stopping me to confess my feelings.

"What is it, dear?" Sana asks me.

"You love us? You wanna apologize for something? Huh, typical Unnie," Tzuyu says.

"Haha let her be~ Me likey her too anywaaay~"

"Me likey?" I start to remember something.

"Yeah, Twice's style! Fluttering hear me likey~ Me likey likey likeeeey~" Sana does the choreography excitingly.

"Okay, stop it! Please, stop it..." Tzuyu tries to stop her who's being so loud.

"Stop it? That bottle.... Stop it...... AH, RIGHT!!!" I've got goosebumps. 

 

Finally, I can remember everything......

 

"What is it, Unnie?" I see them both are flustered. But they don't know my chest gets stuffy. My face feels so relaxed. With a tear that falls involuntarily, I smile widely at them.

 

 

 

 

 

"Me likey!"
 

 



((author's note)) *take a deep breath..... exhale......*

I just realize this story has 3000+ words. After 'Lost in Twiceland', finally I can make another long chapter... I almost postpone publishing this because of the ending. Originally, Haeju didn't remember her dream magical experience until the end and both Satzu tasted the pink poison lel :')) Anyway, thank you guys for taking the vote in the poll from the previous chapter. It really helps me to see "the bigger picture". It inspires me. I've got many story ideas lately. Before we come to the ending of season 2, let's make more good memories ;)