Me vs J-line [Part 3]

10th Member

MiSaMo (Mina-Sana-Momo) are currently busy, so Tzuyu and I decide to use Jype's practice room now. Both of us are sitting blankly her. Tzuyu is just staring at the mirror while I'm looking at my song playlist in my phone. There's nothing on our mind this morning. We have no idea what to perform for our guerilla duel concert.
"Ah Unnie, how about we perform GOT7's Arrival. You said you know the choreo, right? I personally like the song too!" Tzuyu exclaims out of blue.
"But Tzuyu, it's a GOT7's song. We are here because Sana is jealous with me and GOT7's Mark, remember?" I say unhappily.
"Ah, right, I forget that. It probably can make things worse," Tzuyu says before we become silent again.
"How about this song from John Mayer?" I ask her as I found a song,"It's pretty popular these days. People must be like it!" I give her my earphone.
Tzuyu listens to the song for a minute. "Oh, this is good! But I'm afraid the other team will choose a badass song. You know, something that can show off their dancing skill. They have Momo there!"
"Aww... Don't be that afraid. Momo is indeed amazing, but you're also not bad, right? I mean even PD-nim said that your dance improvements are really good this year"
"Hehe... You're good too, Unnie. But I'm still not confident singing in English."
"Hmm... Should we change the song to Korean? Hahahaha..."
"Hahaha... Or maybe Mandarin too!"
"Right! Hahahaaa... Haaaah......" We stop laughing as we realize that it's a really bad idea to ruin someone's song. After listening to some songs and discussing a little bit more, finally, we've decided what song to perform.
"I agree with your choice, Tzuyu. I think it will be great if we can give big impact to the audiences. Also, I've got a story in mind, I think we can use it as the part of our song." Then I tell the storyline to Tzuyu and she seems really interested. She also adds something that really surprises me.
"Wow! Are you sure you want to do that?" I ask her carefully.
"Well, it's just a performance. Let's do it!" She answers excitedly.
"Okay then. Let's do it!" I smile at her.
Today we spend the whole day to create the concept of our performance. We put our standard so high to make it perfect. After that, days by days we're practicing the sing and choreo, also preparing anything else related to the concept.
I've contacted Mina several times since maybe we can help her preparing the venue, but she never answers our texts properly. There are 2-days left now before the performance and she is informing us where and when the concert will be held. I say to her that I'm really thankful and I apologize because we can't do much. She says that it's fine since she's got help from Onces (I'm actually a bit surprised that she really becomes friends with the fans). The audiences will be Onces only and there won't be so many people. We actually don't need to worry to gain audiences. I say thank you to her once again, but honestly, it's a bit suspicious tho. Maybe that team already make some kind of campaign with the audiences beforehand. Argh... Why am I thinking bad about them? I should just focus on my performance.

***

The day finally comes!
We're going to do it indoor with 30 invited Onces as the audiences. It's quite disappointing because I want to try to do the actual guerilla concert, like you know, finding random audiences, have a little show with them, and stuffs... But I guess it will be more chaotic that way. We know Twice's popularity is too great these days (especially after my controversy of joining them). Mina, who is actually helped with JYPe staffs, finally holds this little concert. There are many people involved in this event. The rest of the members also already come back from their holiday and now they are here to watch us. Dahyun even volunteers to be the MC. No one knows the conflict between me and J-line yet. It's a bit embarrassing if they know that the concert actually happens because I wore shoes in the dorm. Lol. By the way, I'm kinda nervous today and looks like Tzuyu 's feeling the same. She says that we should do our best and cheer me up!

The concert begins! Chaeyoung starts singing with her friend who's playing the guitar as the openers. She's so great at singing ballad, I'm really amazed. After that, based on the drawing, J-line performs first. As Tzuyu has predicted, they perform a song with a hard choreo. It's actually GOT7's old song: 'Hard Carry'. They make an improvement by changing some of the choreos to become more 'girly'. They even give Mina's ballet part which we never see for a really long time. Momo is really a dance machine. She's flawless! Their costume is black boyish and Sana is just so beautiful in that.
Their performance ends amazingly. They really make me nervous.  They were so perfect at rehearsal and now they nail it again. Tzuyu then looks at me and whispers as she knows what's in my mind. "Relax, Unnie. Remember what we've practiced." I look at her face. "Just enjoy," she says again with a wink and a bright smile this time. I smile back at her as I'm calmed down. As MC calls our name, we walk to the stage.

From now let mell you what we actually peform:
The song we choose is Sistar - One More Day. If you remember the MV, it's about 2 girls that are loving to each other. Tzuyu's wearing a dark-red blazer and I'm wearing a white tank top covered with a denim jacket. Our performance has a story. So at first, it opens by me and Tzuyu with 5 men wearing masks dancing in a club. A techno music is played as the background. I'm holding a bottle like I'm drunk. While dancing, accidentally I bump to Tzuyu and kiss her cheeks. Suddenly everybody freezes. The club music is stopped and changed to 'One More Day' song.
At first, Tzuyu is shy about it as she's doing a solo singing. She is standing between the 5 masked man pointing at her. Besides her, I'm doing a lyrical dance. I open my jacket and try to seduce her with my dance. I approach her and make skinship contact with her. After that, she looks interested, but then the men surround me. Now Tzuyu is doing the same thing I did to her earlier.
It's my part to sing solo now, while pretending to do a makeup. Then I stop Tzuyu and put a lipstick on her lips while she's kneeling in front of me. We're looking at each other intimately at Tzuyu's solo-singing part. Our face is getting close like we're about to kiss. I hear the Onces sound so excited at that part. Unfortunately, I suddenly stop that and stand up. I enter the rap part. Everyone's a little bit disappointed there, like Tzuyu and I've expected, so I make the rap a bit longer, faster and the lyrics are so deeply sensual. After I rap, Tzuyu pulls my hand and we're really kissing (covered by our hands). The music stops there. I'm suddenly glad about the no-handphone rule at the concert because it will be so embarrassing if this is spread all over the internet.
After kissing, we back to sing again. We do the ad-lib alternately. The performance is closed with us back each other, closing our forehead and mouth with hand (like a mask) with the men are surrounding us. Just like at the end of the J-line performance, we also get a standing ovation from all the audiences. I'm so happy to see them cheering at us. Their applause is really loud and makes me chilled. I feel touched all of sudden. There's a little interview part with the MC after performing. I'm trying really hard not to cry there. Tzuyu breaks the ice by saying that we kissed several times for the sake of this performances. Everybody laughs with that joke. I hope no one knows the truth, except me and Tzuyu, that I've seen her as my own little sister. Hohohoho...

With the end of our performance, now it's the time for the voting session. Finally, a moment to determine who's gonna win. It will also determine my relationship with the J-line. I hope I win because I just want to apologize after that. Under the stage, we meet MiSaMo there. I look Sana is smirking at us."Not bad, Newbie, not bad," she talks to me. "I'm really disappointed that you teach our Tzuyu a disgusting mature thing like that! But that's okay, let's just wait for you to lose after this."
"It's actually my idea, Unnie," Tzuyu tries to protect me,"Don't badmouth her!"
Sana approaches Tzuyu and talks to her ear, "Listen, Tzuyu, I will really teach our new member a proper lesson. I will really do!" Sana says before she leaves. Momo and Mina follow her.
Tzuyu hugs me to calm me down. "It's okay, Unnie. We will win this battle and solve this problem."
"Yeah, Tzuyu. We will win it," I speak to her seriously," We will............."

 

 

 

(to be continued)