Only You -HimJae, Fluff, Slight Angst Oneshot.-

Best Absolute Playlist.

 

Word Count: 1,600+
 
Song: Stay With Me - Chanyeol / Punch

Pairings: SoulMate!HimJae,  Briefly mentioned One sided DaeJae and One sided HimUp.

Fluff with slight angst & A happy ending.




--5 years--

"Wh-what's a Seoul mate? Are you from Seoul?"

"Not Seoul, silly!  Soul... and I don't know, mommy told me you were my soulmate, Jae. she said that's why I keep dreaming of you..."

"But if it's a dream how come I know what you smell like?"

"Well... maybe you don't, What do I smell like, Jae?"

"Channie smells like Oranges today!" Himchan was blinded by the boy's smile for a moment, even though the 5-year-old was missing a front tooth.

The 6-year-old Himchan suddenly jolted awake in his living room . He'd eaten an orange right before his mother had put him down for his afternoon nap. 

"Mommy," Himchan went running into the kitchen with tears in his eyes, yelling and hysterical. "Mommy, I woke up and left Youngjae by himself! Mommyy!"

"Oh, sweetheart. Youngjae probably woke up the second you did. He'll be okay."

"A-are you sure?" he sniffled and wiped his eyes with his shirt sleeve. "what if he wakes up, scared I don't like him?"

"I'm sure, Sweetie. did you ask him what I told you to?"

"No Mommy, but he said I smelled like a orange."

"That's a very good sign, Himchan. You know, you're a very special little boy, having met your soulmate already."

"But what does that mean?" the small boy pouted cutely at his mother, but she just gave him a happy smile and shook her head.

"You'll learn what that means as you get older, my precious little one."

And Learn he would.

In a city, two hundred miles away a 5-year-old woke up crying.

"Channie! I'm sorry! come back!"

His father walked in and tried to console him but the little boy just continued to cry.

"Daddy, Channie doesn't like me anymore!" his father smiled and hugged him.

"Youngjae don't be silly. no matter what, Himchan will always like you."

"Promise?" 

"I do promise." his father said.

the little boy sniffled, calming down almost instantly at the reassurance that his Channie would always like him. 

After all, his daddy told him so, and he never lied to Youngjae.


--10--

Youngjae sat in the sand with his knees pulled up and his head resting on them.

"Channie, I wish we could play together."

"Well, come over here and help me then." Himchan didn't spare a look at the 9-year-old, turning the bucket of sand he had upside down to make another tower for his sandcastle instead.

"That's not what I mean..."  Youngjae's voice cracked slightly and Himchan immediately abandoned the castle for the smaller boy.

"Jae, what's wrong?" Himchan attempted to unfold the boy, and when he finally did Youngjae looked up at him with a tear streaked face, a fresh bruise forming on his cheek.

"I just wish you were really here with me... then maybe the kids at school would leave me alone." he gave Himchan a small sad smile and leaned into the elder boy, hugging him tightly.

"Just you wait, Jae. One day I'll find you and you won't have to worry about anything anymore." Himchan wrapped his arms around Youngjae and gave him a squeeze. 

" I'll project you, JaeJae, just wait for me." Himchan couldn't see the small smile that formed on Youngjae's  face, but he felt him sigh.

"I'll wait for you, Channie. For as long as it takes." Himchan smiled at his words.

"Just a little longer, Jae. Just a little longer."

Youngjae woke up with a smile on his face. 

"Just a little longer..." he whispered to his dark room.


--15--

"You should have seen this kid, Jae! he was doing all these spins and kicks, it was amazing! I wish I could dance like him."

Youngjae just smiled at the other boy. Himchan didn't need to be good at dancing, in his opinion. he didn't even need to be good at singing.Though, when he thought about it, Himchan was sort of amazing at it. His voice had gotten deeper as they'd gotten older, and it made Youngjae's stomach feel funny some days.

"Earth to Youngjae?" Himchan waved his hands in front of the younger boys face.

"Sorry. I spaced out," he laughed a little. "So what did you say?"

"Oh, I finished telling you about Jongup and was asking if the guys at your school were still bullying you." Himchan watched Youngjae's face light up slightly.

"No, we had a transfer student this year! His name's Daehyun and he's so cool, Channie! He took on the biggest one and beat him! they don't bother me anymore." Youngjae was beaming at Himchan and the twinge of jealousy that Himchan felt melted away. This was his Youngjae, he had nothing to worry about. 

When Himchan woke up, Jongup was poking him in the face, looking concerned.

"Chan, you were talking in your sleep... Who's Youngjae?"

Himchan smiled. "My best friend... My soul mate."


Youngjae woke up giggling and Daehyun pushed him off the bed.

"Ow, what was that for?"

"Jae, you were giggling in your sleep like a maniac... what were you dreaming about?"

 "My favorite person in the world... I hope you can meet him someday," Youngjae blushed and looked down and whispered. "I hope I can meet him someday, too."


--20--

"Youngjae I can't believe you! Why would you tell Daehyun you would go out with him?!" Himchan was frowning at him, yelling. He usually loved the gravelly quality the other's voice had taken over the years, but hearing it yelling was a lot different than hearing it singing to him. He didn't like it.

"I just, Himchan... it's been so many years! We've never met, how much longer before we do?  we can't even let each other know where we are! I wake up every time or I don't remember what you say, Chan, I... I can't do this anymore... you should accept Jongup's confession."

"JaeJae, no... No, I won't accept anyone that isn't you... we're made for each other! Do you even like Daehyun?! Can you even like him?" Himchan was angry and hurt, and he wanted to break things. but for some reason, the scene they were in tonight had nothing to it. it was just an empty white room.

"Himchan please... think about it."

"No. I won't. it's you or no one. I even told Jongup about you. He said you were lucky, by the way. Guess I'm not though..."

Himchan shook his head as his eyes began to tear up. He rubbed a hand over his face. 

"Just remember I love you, Youngjae." he moved forward and pushed the younger against the wall, moving forward until their lips were almost touching and them pulling back.

"I won't do this here, JaeJae."

Youngjae woke up sobbing and inconsolable. No matter what Daehyun said to him he couldn't get the other to stop crying, though when Youngjae finally calmed enough to speak again, he thought that maybe the sobbing was better.

Youngjae confessed everything to Daehyun then and there and watched a person he cared for walk away for the second time that night.


--25--


 "Himchan! Slow it down, you're out drinking Yongguk!" Jongup was watching the scene unfold in a combination of horror and amusement.

"Maybe he shouldn't have challenged me then!" Himchan laughed and downed another shot as Yongguk frowned at him.

"Damn, Hime might win this one." Yongguk slurred slightly and chuckled, leaning over to rest his head on the table, his shot next to him remained untouched.

"I think you just won, Chan." Jongup shook his head and took a swig of his own drink. "Oh, hey! I think one of my friends from the dance company just showed up! Junhong, over here!"


--25--

"Damn, Youngjae, you've been channeling grumpy cat for the last five years, it's your birthday! You're twenty-five now, lighten up!" Daehyun said before stuffing a large handful of fries in his mouth.

"I don't want to lighten up, I don't want to be here, I just want Junhong to hurry the hell up so we can get this entire day over with." Daehyun raised an eyebrow at him and Youngjae rolled his eyes, taking a drink of the beer in front of him.

"So.. Jae.. before Junhong does show up... I have to ask have you... you know, had any dreams lately?" Youngjae slammed the beer bottle down on the counter and sighed heavily, giving Daehyun the best glare he could muster. 

"I haven't had a dream since that night, Daehyun. not a single dream, not a nightmare, nothing." he swallows had and clenches his eyes shut. 

"If Junhong doesn't show in the next five minutes, I'm gone."

"Good thing he just walked in then, Hey, Junhong!" 

The twin shouts of Junhong's name had said boy and the occupants of both tables, minus Youngjae looking around curiously.

The next thing anyone knew, a gasp was heard and a chair slid backward and crashed to the floor.

Youngjae looked up just in time to catch a glimpse of Himchan, his eyes widened and split second later said man crashed their lips together.

Daehyun looked horrified and would have pulled the stranger off of his friend had Youngjae not pulled back with tears rolling down his cheeks and a smile on his face. 

"Channie... Channie you finally came, you're here..."

"Of course I did, can't miss my JaeJae's birthday, now can I?" he smiled and looked at Youngjae before pressing their lips together again.

Daehyun frowned and wandered over to the table Junhong was currently standing next to, inviting himself to sit down.

He glanced at Jongup and they shared a smile before looking back to Youngjae, who was now laughing sweetly, the sound traveling across the bar.

Watching them interact now, he truly understood what Youngjae had said that night five years ago.


"We were made for each other, Daehyun."

 


Okay honestly I like this one :P but I think I need to write something super duper fluffy now, so I'm off to find a song that will help with that. ^^

-Miki