Prologue

Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The streetlight you were slowly getting closer to flickered. 

Shouldn’t I be scared by that? You asked yourself and looked at the flickering lamp expressionlessly. As you were getting closer and closer to it, the light became weaker and weaker and when you finally reached it, it went out. You stopped next to the tall lamp and sighed. 

He’s following me again, isn’t he? You thought, looking behind yourself. You saw nothing. Well, I wasn’t expecting to see anything anyway…

Streetlights flickering when you got closer to them and finally going out when you walked past them, you were used to that. You were also used to getting barked at by dogs, literally bumping into air and hearing silent noises -  that almost sounded like someone was mumbling - every now and then. Those were just some of the things that happened to you but those four were the ones that happened most frequently. They didn’t happen all the time. Sometimes you got to walk in complete silence, streetlights didn’t flicker when you walked past them and no dogs barked at you. Those times you usually felt good but sometimes you wondered, what is he doing? Where is he?

You didn’t know who this “he” was. Hell, you didn’t even know what he was. There were only two things you knew about him, the first one being that he often followed you around when you were walking outside alone. The fact that he was following you like that made you wonder if he was your guardian angel or something but he himself told you he wasn’t. How? He said it himself a few years earlier when you had asked him if he was indeed your guardian angel. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter