Sick

I'm Not His Fangirl

 

It’s Sunday,L promised you to take you out today after his practice. You reached your cell phone on the side table and entered L numbers. He didn’t pick up and end up to voice message. “Hey,it’s me,____. Can’t we cancel our date? I’m not feeling well today but nothing serious so you don’t need to come here. I love you,bye.” You put back your cell phone at it first place. You had light headache since early morning. You already took pills but the pain still doesn’t get any better. You go back to sleep after that.

 

L slowly opened the front door. He always came to your apartment whenever he is close by. “____-ah?” He called but no answer. He tiptoe to your room and looked inside between the door gaps. He saw you sleeping soundly on the bed. He carefully walked in,not making any sound and sat beside you. “Are you sick?” He gently put the back of his hand onto your forehead.

You was startled by his action and quickly sat up. “M-myungsoo?”

“Oh? Sorry for waking you up.”

“Why are you here? Didn’t I tell you not to come?”

“Yeah,I got your message. But I’m worry about you. Are you really sick? You look so pale baby.” He cares for your white cheeks.

“Hmm.” You get off from the bed but stumbled back. Lucky L was there to catch you.

“Let’s go to the hospital.”

“I’m fine.”

“That’s not fine.” He scolded,placing his both hands on his waist. “Come on.”

“Myungsoo,it just a headache. I just need more good sleep and I’ll be better after I wake up.”

He exhaled a heavy breath and grabbed your wrist. “No,we’re going to the hospital.”

“Myungsoo~ I’m not dying. Can you please relax?” You rolled your eyes. The pulled you up and brought you closer to him.

“I can’t.” He simply beamed. His reply make you chuckled. Suddenly you felt weird in your stomach,your throat was dry and nausea. You quickly pushed him away and run for the toilet bowl. You vomited. L came after you and softly patted your back and he helped you tied your long hair.

“Uhh~” You groaned as you rested you head on your forearm.

“Baby,are you okay?” L asked while his hand still rubbed you back.

You weakly nodded. “I’m f-“ You vomited again. L worriedly sighed behind you.

YOU VOMITED AGAIN.

AGAIN.

AND AGAIN.

You feel a bit better after 15 minutes. You stood up,holding the sink to support your weak body. L quickly wrapped his hand around your waist when he saw you stood. You washed your face and looked to the mirror. “Myungsoo was right,I look really pale.” You mentally talked to yourself. You slowly walked out but L lifted you up with bridal style. “I can walk.” You look up to his face. He replied you with half-hearted smile. L put you on the bed carefully.

“Let's go to the hospital.” He took your hand and squeezed it.

“I’m tired Myungsoo. I wanna sleep.” You faced the other way and pulled the blanket over your tiny body. “I hate hospital.” You mumbled. L fixed the blanket,covered your whole body.

“Sleep well.” He said as he runs his fingers into you soft hair. He walked to the door and switched off the light before he shut the door.

 

You looked to the window. It dark outside. You slowly sat up and rubbed your sleepy eyes. “How long did I sleep?” You get off the bed and walked out from the room. “You still here?” You asked as you walk to the kitchen to drink. L was watching TV in the living hall.

He looked back and nodded. “How do you feel?” He jumped from the couch and went to you. You replied him with thumb up while gulped down the refreshing water into your empty dry throat. “I make you porridge but it already cold. I will heat up for you. You go sit there.” He commanded,pushed you out from the kitchen. You laughed and waited at the dining table. After a while L came. He placed the porridge in front you. “Let me feed you.” He took the spoon from your grasp.

“I can eat by my own. I’m not a baby.” You took back the spoon and stick out your tongue.

“You are my baby.” He stopped you and grabbed the other spoon. He stuffed the filled spoon into your mouth. After done eating,both of you watched TV together for awhile.

L cell phone rang in the middle of the show. “Hello? Kya L! Where are you?! Come back home now. Gyu hyung is going nuts. Ppali!” Sungyeol said. L can heard shouting and screaming from the other line. “Aish! I’m hung up now. Come back home right now! Bye.” He hung up.

L kept his cell phone in his back pocket. “I have to go now. You will be fine right?” He stood up and grabbed his coat.

“Yes.” You walk him to the door.

“If anything happen,call me.” He circled his arms around you. He put his face an inch away from yours. You felt your face flushed when his warm breath hit on your skin. His lips was about to brush yours when you took away your face.

“Not now Kim Myungsoo.” You lips as attached together forming one thin line.

“Ok fine.” His back was faced to you. He took out his mask from the jacket pocket and immediately wears it. “I’m going. I love you.” He said before he left.

You shut the door behind you. You dialed Suzy cell phone. “Hey,what are you doing?” You spoke.

“Doing nothing. What’s up?”

“Hmm there’s something I have to talk to you.”

“What is it?”

“I didn’t receive my monthly last month. And. I always feel nausea in the morning lately. Do you think I’m…” You stopped.

“No way! We went to the doctor before and she said there’s no chance of pregnancy.” Suzy immediately stood up after hearing it.

“But it not possible right? She said 99% of not getting pregnant. What if I’m the 1%?”

“Impossible! Don’t say like that. You really want to be the 1%?!” She snarled.

“No.”

“Kya! You just sick okay. You can’t get pregnant.” Her voice was shaky. “You cannot get pregnant. That’s. Not. Right. It’s not right.”

You sighed. “Yeah,im not pregnant.” You faked a smile. “Ok Suzy,Im hanging up. Talk to you later ok.”

You slammed onto the soft bed. “You’re not pregnant ____-ah.” You closed you eyes tightly. After a short thought,you changed and went out to the pharmacy to get a pregnancy kit. The only way to know either you pregnant or not is to take the pregnancy test.

 

“Omo,pregnancy kit? You’re too young to have babies.” The pharmacist said.

“Hmm what? Oh,im 30 years old.” You blurted.

“Omo! Really? But you really look young.”

“Eat healthy food. And live a healthy life is the secret.” You calmly said to her with a wide grin.

“Thanks for buying at our pharmacy.” She bowed. You slightly bowed back.

“Nosy pharmacist.” You giggled and went home.

 

You took a deep breath before looked down to the stick. A minute of waiting feel like years. You took another deep deep deep breath. You prayed hard in the bottom of your heart. You really hope the result came out as negative. IT HAS TO BE NEGATIVE!

“Here we go.” You exhaled and checked the pregnancy test. The stick slipped off from your grasp and you fall onto your knees. You looked down to the floor,dumbfounded. “IM PREGNANT.”