When Baekhyun is a diva pt.3

Chanbaek oneshots

Uh so this is like 6k words And I'm just so????? Wow like ive never written this much for a oneshot but okay. Anyway this didn't turn out like I hoped for and I'm genuinely sorry and disappointed:( but but to make up for the long wait and ty ending I'll post another dllb oneshot since you guys seemed to like it !!! 

 

 

 

 

"I really don't think its a good idea"

 

 

"Chanyeol its been three days I'm fine." 

 

 

"B-"

 

 

"I'm fine" 

 

 

-

 

 

"Have you eaten?"

 

 

"Why do you care?" 

 

 

-

 

 

"I made you tea" 

 

 

"Why?" 

 

 

 

 

"Take these painkillers"

 

 

"Whatever"

 

 

 

"You died your hair?"

 

 

"Isn't it obvious?"

 

 

"It looks nice"

 

 

"..."

 

 

-

 

 

This is how it is for a couple of weeks after the whole incidence before baekhyun bursts. 

 

 

He doesn't need chanyeol's kindness

 

 

He doesn't need chanyeol's compliments 

 

 

He doesn't need chanyeol's sweet words

 

 

He doesn't need chanyeol's tea

 

 

He doesn't need chanyeol's concern 

 

 

He doesn't need chanyeol's pity. 

 

 

Baekhyun does not need chanyeol's pity 

 

 

after that whole situation happened and

he found his pills. He doesn't want it 

either. Its the last thing he wants nor needs

 

 

 and god it hurts because sometimes it feels as if he really does care, but he doesn't. 

 

 

The only reason he's acting like this is either because of pity or guilt of some sort. At least this what goes on in baekhyun's brain. He just wants the stupid giant to stop because it hurts when everything he does is just empty. It's hollow. Meaningless. 

 

 

It hurts when chanyeol smiles down at him and it looks as if his eyes are glinting but baekhyun knows its his own eyes playing tricks on him. It hurts when chanyeol tells him he looks good with his new haircut or hair dye. It hurts when chanyeol takes care of him if he hasn't eaten that day. It hurts when chanyeol makes him feel like he's on cloud nine when he doesn't mean it. It just hurts. 

 

 

-

 

 

It's raining. 

 

 

It's a Saturday and chanyeol notices that the shorter hasn't gotten out of bed though its 3pm now. He knows baekhyun had woken up since he went to the bathroom, did his whole morning routine but then went back to bed and drowned himself when the fluffy covers. 

 

 

"Baekhyun?" 

 

 

He doesn't hear a reply so he sighs and makes his way to the pink covered bed. He slightly lowers the covers off of baekhyun's face to see if he really had fallen sleep again. He chuckles when baekhyun turns around to glare at the taller with a cute pout.

 

 

"What do you want?" 

 

 

"It's 3pm baekhyun " 

 

 

"So?"

 

 

"Why aren't you up?" 

 

 

"None of your business" he tries to turn his face away from chanyeol when he notices their faces were only a couple of centimeters away, he gulps for a moment but still turns his head maintaing a face, or at least tries but chanyeol had already grabbed his shoulders in place, baekhyun whines annoyed and tries to get out of his grip. Failing miserably with obvious reasons 

 

 

"I made you lunch"

 

 

"I'm not hungry" 

 

 

"Are you on your man period?" 

 

 

"No you ! now stop bothering me!"

 

 

"If you eat I'll leave you alone!"

 

 

"You're annoying" baekhyun grumbles cutely but nonetheless sits up, "I'm not getting out of bed by the way" he shrugs and crosses his arms challenging the other.

 

 

Diva.

 

 

Chanyeol chuckles fondly.

 

 

"Of course princess" he replies challengingly baekhyun blushes when chanyeol turns to get a plate of spaghetti kimchi for the smaller. He knows chanyeol only said it because he thinks he's an annoying diva, but he loved the nickname. Of course he'd never admit it. 

 

 

"Here" he smiles warmly at baekhyun putting a tray in his lap which had a plate of food and a glass of water. 

 

 

"Now eat" 

 

 

"Fine" he sighs and picks up the fork, when chanyeol gets up still smiling he mumbles a barely audible "thank you" hoping chanyeol hadn't heard it. 

He did. 

 

 

-

 

 

Chanyeol didn't think baekhyun would really go back to curling up into a ball with the covers after he had ate like he said but that's indeed what happened. 

 

 

The taller sighs and bites the inside of his cheek, what was wrong now?

 

 

"Baekhyun ?"

 

 

"Didn't you say you'd stop annoying me?" 

 

 

Chanyeol sits on baekhyun's bed, baekhyun's back facing him. The smaller feels a weight on the bed and bites his lip. 

 

 

"Do you wanna go out and get something to drink?" 

 

 

"It's pouring"

 

 

"How about a board game"

 

 

"Are you 95?"

 

 

"A movie?"

 

 

"Chanyeol. What do you want?" 

 

 

"Why aren't you getting up?"

 

 

"Why the hell do you care?" Baekhyun snapped. Still not really raising his voice. 

"I just want to know" baekhyun sighed and turned to see that even when chanyeol was sitting he was towering over him. His heart skipped a beat as cliche as it sounded. Chanyeol was looking at him with such concerned eyes it almost looked real. 

 

 

"I don't like rain"

 

 

"Are you afraid of it?" 

 

 

"Why would I be afraid of rain you ?"

 

 

Shrug

 

 

"I just don't like it okay?" He says much softly now making chanyeol furrow his eyebrows, the smaller still wouldn't look at him. 

 

 

"Can I know why you don't like?" 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"Maybe I can help"

 

 

"I don't want your help" 

 

 

"But I think you need it" baekhyun gulps at that and bites his lip. What is he supposed to do now when he knows he really is right?

 

 

"I- just - it - it just makes me feel lonely alright?" He finally makes eye contact with chanyeol for a moment obviously fidgeting, he covers his face again and turns his back to the concerned male. 

He hears a sigh and the weight is now off his bed, for a second baekhyun almost cries because he probably just sounded so ing pathetic right now and chanyeol is going to pity him even more, but then he feels a weight again and chanyeol isn't just sitting this time but he's laying down beside the puppy boy.

 

 

Baekhyun feeling that, widened his eyes and froze not knowing what to do. And he for sure was going to explode any second when he feels chanyeol pulling the covers off his body to wrap a strong arm around his waist pull in him to the firm chest.

 

 

"Wh-what are you doing you-"

 

 

"You said you felt lonely"

 

 

"Y-yeah b-but-" 

 

 

"Don't worry I'll pretend this never happened okay?" 

 

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows. Does he really want that? 

 

 

"Relax" he hears a whisper above his shoulder, baekhyun then realises his body is pretty tense so he gulps and tries to relax in chanyeol's grip but it's kind of hard when his chest is so warm and his grip is so loving. 

 

 

"You don't have to do this" he softly mumbles. The poor boy sounded as if he's about to cry which isn't what chanyeol is going for. 

 

 

"I care about you" 

 

 

Baekhyun bursts. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had calmed down now after chanyeol kept whispering sweet nothings into his ear and hugging him tightly chest to chest, the smaller not over thinking for once let chanyeol do that to him and even hugged back. 

 

 

They're still laying on the puppy boys bed and baekhyun's head is resting on the tallers chest, his finger drawing random patterns on his stomach whilst chanyeol holds him close. 

 

 

"Can I ask you something ?" 

 

 

"Yes" nervously he said. 

 

 

"Dr Kim said you had a seizure from emotional stress. What had exactly happened?" Noticing as the boy in his arms visibly tensed he slightly panicked. 

 

 

"You don't have to tell me I mean"

 

 

" um I - uhm I dont- i-its just m-my father. Nothing important really" 

 

 

"Baekhyun you had a goddamn seizure" 

"It was my birthday and he had work okay?" Baekhyun pulled hand away from chanyeol's stomach and almost pulled his whole body away but the latter held his wrist and pulled him in again. 

 

 

"I'm sorry" 

 

 

"Chanyeol?" 

 

 

"Y-yes?" 

 

 

"Please stop" he said though he was clearly not planning on letting go of the taller now. Even somewhat pulling closer. 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"Just please?"

 

 

"Why baekhyun?" 

 

 

"I don't want this"

 

 

"You need this"

 

 

"No I don't" 

 

 

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't need it and I'll stop" 

 

 

Chanyeol turned to his side, now they're both face to face with each other, the taller lowered himself even so they're both on the same level. Baekhyun gulped when they made eye contact, whilst Chanyeol only became more upset because baekhyun was looking at him with the saddest and loneliest eyes he'd ever seen 

 

 

"I-i -" 

 

 

"You need this" 

 

 

Baekhyun kept shaking his head now tears are trailing down his doll face, though he tried to keep them in.

 

 

"I don't need this" he put his eyes down. 

 

 

"Why?" 

 

 

"Because you don't really care chanyeol" 

 

 

"What makes you so sure?" 

 

 

"Because I'm not worth it" 

 

 

And this was chanyeol's last straw. 

 

 

"You're worth it baekhyun. You're so ing worth it believe me" 

 

 

"I'm not! I'm ing not! L-let me go!" 

 

 

Baekhyun kept yelling at chanyeol nonsense whilst pounding his.small fists on the firm chest, chanyeol kept trying to calm down his cries. 

 

 

"H-he says I k-killed my mother b-but I s-swear I didn't m-mean to " 

 

 

"Baekhyun-baekhyun calm down" chanyeol held the smallers waist and pulled them both to sit up, baekhyun in the tallers lap, chanyeol kept trying to calm him down by shushing him and hugging him warmly though he had a lot of questions

 

 

When the smaller's cries and movements died down chanyeol was only left with quiet sobs and a small baekhyun hugging him like his life depended on it. 

"I'm sorry" this time it was baekhyun who was apologizing and it sure confused chanyeol considering the situation they're in.

 

 

"Baek what are you sorry for?" Chanyeol asked confusedly running his fingers through the soft locks whilst his other hand was on the petit waist keeping him in place. 

 

 

"For being this pathetic"

 

 

"You're not pathetic! Just- how about we talk this out normally okay? Tell me what is it so I can help please? I don't want to help because I pity you its because I really do care for you and I know your whole diva thing is just an act. I know you're not like that and I know you're unhappy and I damn well know you don't deserve that whatever the it is!" 

 

 

Baekhyun gulped and lowered his head. 

"You don't have to tell me now I mean I - I just-" he sighed not wanting to make the puppy boy in his lap to feel pressured when he had his outburst. "Seeing you like this breaks my heart" 

 

 

"My father thinks I killed her, h-he thinks its all my fault and I know it, he never said it but it's damn obvious, i-i swear I didn't mean to-"

 

 

"Slow down" he shushed the other who seemed like he was going to cry again. 

 

 

"Nothing is your fault I'm sure alright? Just explain to me what happened, no pressure. I'll just listen okay?" Baekhyun sniffles but nodded nonetheless.

 

 

"M-my mother died wh-when she was giving birth to me" 

 

 

Oh

 

 

"My father never really said it to my face but I know he thinks it's my fault. 

He doesn't love me though I know he tried to, I'm too much of a painful reminder for him so I tried to stay away, b-but I still want to prove to him that I - I'm not- i-its not my fault, I want to make him proud. he promises me to be there for Christmas or my birthday or like to just to visit me but they're all empty promises. I know they are but I still trust him because that's all I have left. I- I-

 

 

I have no one

 

 

I tried t-to befriend people and all but I'm just- I - I can't. Wh-when the only family I have won't love me how can someone else do?" 

 

 

When he had finished chanyeol felt his chest tighten so much he almost couldn't breath. He gulped and pulled the boy even closer like a mother would do to her child.

 

 

"Baek you know its not your fault right?"

 

 

"I- I - " 

 

 

"It's not. Believe me it's not, okay? Your father is a ing for making you feel this way, do you think your mother would've wanted him to treat you like this?" Baekhyun gulped his lip now quivering. 

 

 

"Even if you don't see it , you deserve to be happy and you deserve way better than this. You deserve someone to love you"

"I've been nothing but a burden to you" the smaller mumbled muffled by the chest he buried his face in. "Why do you care? How do you know for sure I deserve all that?" 

 

 

"Because I just do okay? I don't know what it is but I damn well know you don't deserve this. I- I can see how much you're hurt by all of this and how you still want to please your father and that alone makes you so ing precious alright? " baekhyun might have blushed. "I know we aren't the bestest of friends but we've been roommates for some time and I know you well enough to have all of this to say. " 

 

 

"Thank you" 

 

 

- 2 months later- 

 

 

It's almost summer break now and baekhyun feels like . Not that it's new or anything but the last few weeks have been actually kind of... Bearable. 

 

 

But now the feeling is coming back again, the feeling where his life means nothing. The feeling where he's tired of everything. The feeling where his reality hits him and he realises how miserable his life is- how lonely he is, and how he'll probably have no one ever. Though chanyeol has been nothing but kind to him, and took care of him, he knows he won't see him for 3 months where the giant will probably never bother to contact him. Where they both won't see each other until the start of the second year. Because what was baekhyun really to chanyeol? All he has been is a bother, a pathetic bother.

 


 
On the other hand, chanyeol has been studying baekhyun for these past weeks, he didn't know exactly how the puppy-boy's brain worked- he still doesn't really cause one moment he's all smiles when they're joking around but then he comes back from a lecture to their dorm to find him either crying silently or just looking as if his soul has left his body, he did his research -as weird as it sounds -and saw that all the symptoms baekhyun has had lead to a very sever depression case, chanyeol wasn't an idiot he could've figured it out from the antidepressant drugs he had but he still wanted to make sure, and hopefully find something that will make him understand the latter more, thought he did a lot of research its still vague to him what he was supposed to do in this situation, considering all he had saw online was too intimate for their relationship status. 

 

 

Chanyeol sighed closing the laptop and bit the inside of his cheek looking to his right at the small male reading some type of book. 

 

 

"What are you reading?" Baekhyun looked up surprised for some reason that chanyeol was talking to him. 

 

 

"Um a b-book?"

 

 

" oh really?" The taller chuckled at the others cuteness especially when he pouted.

 

 

"It's a book I took from home, father said it's mother's favourite. He wouldn't give me the original book she used to read so he got me a copy of it" baekhyun shrugged setting his eyes back on the boom casually stating such a painful truth. Chanyeol bit his lip pretending that didn't make his heart break a bit. 

 

 

"Oh, is it good?" 

 

 

"Not really" he said though he was on page 157, chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. 

 

 

"Then why are you reading it?" 

 

 

"I wanna get to know her. " 

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the small puppy with such heartbreaking eyes, because baekhyun is probably the most precious person he's ever talked to and he doesn't deserve what he's going through. 

 

 

"Do you think you're getting to know her?" 

 

 

"I think I know what she likes" baekhyun nodded, his eyes still set on the book in his lap.

 

 

Chanyeol pouted his lip, what was he supposed to do? If even the internet couldn't help who could help him? He wasn't that smart when it came to these things and he didn't want to anything up, especially with where he is now, it's too much of a risk. 

 

 

 

So he had to at least figure it out himself, so he decided to let the other be and plug in his ear buds, he laid down trying to organise his thoughts. 

 

 

So,

 

 

Baekhyun likes tea. 

 

 

Maybe he can get him a life time supply of teabags? Would that cheer him up 

 

 

Groan. No

 

 

Would killing his father do it?

 

 

No

 

 

Maybe he can get him a gift? 

 

 

That seemed kind of reasonable. 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol hummed a tune whilst walking around the mall, he had decided to get baekhyun a stuffed animal since it had fit him well, obviously the smaller is a soft baby in the inside and he needs even more love considering he'd never really experienced real love- not that Chanyeol felt that for him. 

 

 

The giant knows he kind of sort of feels something for the puppy looking boy but he doesn't want to say anything or even admit it to himself because he knows if he told baekhyun he liked him but then he couldn't feel anything more than liking him it would be unfair and very wrong to do. He doesn't want to mess up anything between them since he's gotten this far, and he for sure doesn't want to hurt baekhyun. 

 

 

He sighed standing still trying to spot a toys or a gifts shop since he's been walking for 15 minutes and hasn't found anything.

 

 

When he saw a cute shop which was pastel themed he cracked a small smile since it had reminded him of baekhyun, the small puppy wore a lot of pastel- which made him look even more adorable and soft 

 

 

-

 

 

Looking around he still didn't find anything,he wanted the gift he'd give baekhyun to be perfect, though people would say it was ridiculous to think so much of a stuffed animal but he didn't care, he wanted it to be just perfect, perfect for a perfect baekhyun. 

 

 

"Sir do you need help!?" Noticing the giant had been here for quite some time the small assistant asked softly.

 

 

"Uh no not really thanks though" 

 

 

"Well can you tell me what you're looking for?" 

 

 

"Well I was thinking a huge stuffed bear maybe" he mumbled more to himself looking around 

 

 

"Hm" the small guy hummed and pouted "a present for someone?" 

 

 

"Uh yes" 

 

 

"A girlfriend ?" 

 

 

"Not in particular " 

 

 

"A boyfriend maybe?" 

 

 

" uh well not really but I um- no not really - it's a friend " the small guy looked amused as Chanyeol stuttered 

 

 

"What's he like?" 

 

 

"Uh he's um....

 

 

He's very pretty, really soft looking and small, cute-" realizing what he was saying chanyeol stopped because he probably looked like a lovesick idiot, he glanced at the worker who had a eating grin on his face looking amused 

 

 

"What does he like?" 

 

 

"Tea. He likes tea a lot, I even g- that's not what you meant right?" The small guy chuckled crossing his arms 

 

 

"Not really no, but that's nice to know" he teased whilst chanyeol pouted

 

 

"Does he like certain colors?" 

 

 

"Um I think his favorite color is pink, yeah baby pink" the smile hasn't left the workers face for one second

 

 

"and you're thinking a human sized bear ?" 

 

 

"Yeah he likes hugging and c- " cough "yeah I guess " 

 

 

"Follow me" The nameless guy walked to the back of the store, chanyeol tried to get a glimpse of him name tag but then he saw there was none really. 

 

 

"Uh what's your name ?" He said half curious half wanting to make conversation as they made their way to a room full of stuffed animals 

 

 

"Heejun" he turned to smile at the giant

 

 

"Oh uh I'm chanyeol" 

 

 

"What's your boyfriends name?" He asked moving some stuff around, seeming to be looking for something particular 

 

 

"He's not my boyfriend ! " chanyeol pouted furrowing his eyebrows 

 

 

"Your friends name" heejun chuckled still not looking at the other

 

 

"Baekhyun" 

 

 

"Pretty name " 

 

 

"Yeah he's pretty 

 

 

I-I mean-" 

 

 

"Found it!"  Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows but raised them when heejun pulled out a bear that was bigger than him, though he had a tiny body honestly, or maybe it was just chanyeol who was a giant

 

 

"How about this?"  

 

 

The stuffed toy was huge-obviously, it was also pink, light pink, not much detail though, just really simple but it fit baekhyun well. 

 

 

"I - y-yeah I like this, I'll take it" 

 

 

-

 

 

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol called slightly when he interned their dorm, it was difficult moving with such a huge toy (;)) but he managed, tripping a few times as he walked in but still managed. 

 

 

"Ye-

 

 

What is that?" Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows standing still, trying to look for chanyeol, he knew it was him behind the toy but he couldn't see him clearly because it was huge. 

 

 

"Surprise!" Chantelle grinned and let go of the bear letting it fall on the ground when he raised his arms excitingly 

 

 

"Wh-what?" 

 

 

"I got you a- uh - this !" He pointed to the toy 

 

 

"That's for me ? "

 

 

"Who else" chanyeol chuckled carrying the bear again and setting it on baekhyuns bed

 

"Why?" Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows looking at the black plastic eyes staring back at him. Chanyeol chuckled thinking the smaller looked absolutely gorgeous and adorable right now- he looked soft, with his huge oversized beige sweater and messy blond hair-which was dyed recently, and the fact that he had no pants on made him look even more gorgeous. 

 

 

"Uh I don't know I just saw it when I was hanging out with jongdae and it kind of reminded me of you I guess. Isn't it cute?" Chanyeol looked at the smaller who was biting his lip in anticipation 

 

 

"I- uh i uhm-

 

 

This is for me?" 

 

 

"Yes baekhyun its for you !" Chanyeol answered again. "Do you like it?" Chanyeol wasn't sure what was going on in baekhyuns mind right now, the shorter was looking at the toy with furrowed eyebrows and a small frown which wasn't good 

 

 

"I like it" 

 

 

"You like it?"

 

 

"I like it" 

 

 

Baekhyun was looking at Chanyeol now with an unreadable expression and it felt as if the world has stopped as cliche as it sounds. But it was only them now when they made eye contact

 

 

"Thank you" Baekhyun breathed out before he crashed his small body into Chanyeol's big one, Chanyeol surprised obviously let out an unmanly yelp and widened his eyes, but when he saw the mop of ruffled hair under his chin his eyes softened, he wrapped his own arms around the petit waist and rested his chin on the others head

 

 

Baekhyun was warm, Chanyeol thought 

 

 

Baekhyun thought the same thing for Chanyeol 

 

 

-

 

 

"So, what did you name it?" 

 

 

"Jiyong" 

 

 

"-" before Chanyeol can say anything his phone was ringing, he sighed and got up from their kitchen table heading to his nightstand.

 

 

"Hey mom"

 

 

"I'm with Baekhyun"

 

 

"Yes mom" 

 

 

"Mom!" 

 

 

"Yeah I know"

 

 

"I'll see you then, 

 

 

Love you too " Baekhyun glanced at the other male who had a huge smile on his face. 

 

 

He envied him, he really did envy Chanyeol 

 

 

 

Everyone likes Chanyeol, he's an amazing person, he's funny, handsome, talented, smart and just perfect. Who wouldn't like chanyeol? 

 

 

 

Of course Chanyeol would have a perfect family too. 

 

 

He snapped out of his thoughts when the said male plopped on his chair again smiling at him, he put his eyes down and sipped his tea silently, Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at the act, they were talking casually before the phone call- oh 

 

 

Chanyeol slapped himself mentally when he realized how stupid and insensitive he was

 

 

"Baekhy-" 

 

 

"I'm gonna be late for class. See you later !" He got up grabbing his cute baby blue bag pack and left in a hurry hanging his head low

 

 

Chanyeol facepalmed and groaned wishing the ground would just split in half and swallow him.

 

 

-

 

 

Chanyeol sighed in fondness looking at the small sleeping boy, Baekhyun laid on top of the stuffed toy Chanyeol had got him as if he was cuddling someone which the other thought was adorable, he sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the beauty in front of him. Though he wasn't expecting the other to open his eyes when the bed sank. 

 

 

"What are you looking at?" He lazily asked rubbing his eyes. 

 

 

"You're adorable" 

 

 

"..."

 

 

"Uh I um I mean I -" 

 

 

"It's fine" he said knowing Chanyeol probably didn't mean it, thought it would've been nice if the stupid giant just shut him mouth up after the compliment and not look like he just made the biggest mistake of his life. 

 

 

Chanyeol sighed seeing Baekhyun upset now so he laid on his bed facing him thought it was kind of hard since 'jiyong' was taking up a lot of space 

 

 

"Am I now replaced?" He pouted teasing the other trying to lighten up the mood, referring to the bear stealing his spot of being his cuddle buddy. Though him and Baekhyun have only cuddled like that 3 times, it was incredibly nice though. 

 

 

Baekhyun actually chuckled still laying on top of the toy. 

 

 

"It wasn't my idea to get him though" Baekhyun shrugged smiling like an idiot at the giant in front of him. 

 

 

" you're right. 

 

 

I still hate him for stealing my spot though"

 

 

"He didn't steal it, you gave up on it" he shrugged again, his smile fading now. 

 

 

Baekhyun has always been like this, his sever case of depression led to him finding anything negative about everything positive. Even if someone proposed to him he'd say it's just because they pity him. 

 

 

So his explanation to this situation is that Chanyeol is just tired of dealing with his pathetic . Though in reality Chanyeol got it for him because he knew Baekhyun was too insecure to ask him for 'cuddles' %99 of the time so he thought this is perfect for him. He can have his cuddles whenever he wants without feeling insecure asking for them. 

 

 

"Yah no I didn't! I just thought i wasn't cuddly enough for your majesty" Chanyeol chuckled again trying to make the other smile again because he's smile was gorgeous. 

 

 

"You're really warm"

 

 

 To say Chanyeol was surprised was an understatement. He never expected Baekhyun to say such a thing to him and it made his heart do so many flips he felt sick. In a good way. Thought it seemed as Baekhyun felt sad while saying that which made him furrow his eyebrows. The puppy boy looked at him with sad and lonely eyes make him scoot closer to him and and grab his waist pulling him off jiyong and on top of him, he kicked the bear off the bed and placed Baekhyun beside him hugging him chest to chest, Baekhyun didn't have much of a reaction but he fisted the others shirt and buried his face in his chest making the giant sigh. 

 

 

Baekhyun was confusing.

 

 

-

 

 

 

Instead of being a diva even outside of his and Chanyeol's comfort zone he's now just quiet on campus. Never saying anything to anyone unless he really has to, which wasn't often cause people rarely talk to him, he wasn't surprised about that honestly. 

 

 

So he's when he's doing his daily routine of going to class then straight to their dorm he doesn't expect anything interesting to happen since he's just walking quietly minding his own business.

 

 

But when he turns a corner he sees right in front of his face, a familiar set of brown curls being pulled into a rough kiss by a beautiful girl he widens his eyes, dropping his books by accident in shook, the loud thud causes the two to turn their hands to the noise. And it was indeed Chanyeol with the most popular girl on campus. And they were kissing. 

 

 

When Chanyeol sees Baekhyun looking at him with the saddest eyes that looked betrayed for some reason, his own widen and he pushes sooyoung away, when Baekhyun sees Chanyeol approaching him he turns to his heal and starts running to god knows where. He just needed to be away from all of this. 

 

 

He tries to ignore the tears building up in his eyes and the giant calling his name running after him. 

 

 

Why couldn't he just leave him alone? 

 

 

And why did Baekhyun have to be so upset about that? 

 

 

Why did Chanyeol even care? 

 

 

When Baekhyun reaches the abandoned small house he sometimes went to he thinks Chanyeol had long lost him by now so he plops on the floor their trying to calm his breathing but not being able to cause his heart hurts so much right now. 

 

 

But why is disappointed though? The only person he should be mad at is himself. He knew all these sweet moments and times of care with Chanyeol were only platonic. Meaningless even. So why is he so disappointed when he sees Chanyeol with someone else? Was he really expecting the perfect-loved by everyone - Chanyeol  to choose him? The pathetic-diva like- of the school?  

 

 

Thinking about how truly pathetic he's been and how no one will ever love him, he let out everything he's been holding in, all the loud sobs and cries he's held in that he doesn't notice Chanyeol running up to him. But when the taller puts his hand on the others shoulder, baekhyuns head snap to look at him and it's getting Chanyeol so confused because he was looking at him with fear 

 

 

"Baek-" he reached out his hand again only to be rejected once again, the small boy scooted away from him still sobbing by now, Chanyeol tried to get to him but the latter just kept scooting away in fear.

 

 

Baekhyun had his hands flat on the floor, legs also laying there as he tried to contain himself from fainting because this was all too overwhelming.

 

 

"Baekhyun let me help. I'll take you back to t-"

 

 

"Don't touch me!" 

 

 

"Baekhyun-"

 

 

"N-no! I said d-don't touch me! P-please I -" 

 

 

Chanyeol felt like he was trying to get to a terrified new born puppy when Baekhyun was scared to even be touched by him. 

 

 

"Is this about the kiss? Baekhyun I swear if it is then It's not my fault! She kissed me I-i didn't kiss back I don't like her I-" 

 

 

"I don't get why" 

 

 

"What?" 

 

 

"I don't get why it has to be like this. Why my heart has to be like this and why my brain plays such tricks on me. Why I feel this way for you when you probably don't give a about me and why I want you to hold me and kiss me and tell me it's all going to be alright when you don't care. When i know it's not going to be alright. 

 

 

I don't get why I had to fall in love with you" was the sentence he said with such a soft voice like it almost hurt to be any louder. Chanyeol's eyes widened not expecting that at all. 

 

 

No one spoke for a couple of seconds which felt like decades before Baekhyun did again. 

 

 

"All these times you did such nice things to me that I don't deserve.. they felt so.. real and I- I knew I shouldn't believed anything because I don't deserve it, b-but you seemed so genuine it was almost impossible not to believe them. Your words got sweeter everyday and it scared me, it scared me because I knew it was meaningless but I'd still fall for it. I should've stopped you b-but it was the first time someone was ever being so nice to me a-and your words and actions felt like drugs that I needed more. But I didn't deserve more." He tried to swallow the painful lump in his throat. "I meant it when I said you were warm. You made me feel like I was cared for and it was all I ever wanted 

 

 

You really made me fall in love with you"

 

 

Chanyeol just gawked at Baekhyun who was no longer crying but just looking at the floor with the saddest expression he's ever seen on him and that's saying a lot. 

 

 

"Baekhyun-" 

 

 

"Please don't say anything I- I don't wanna heart I just-" he got up dusting himself off emotionlessly making Chanyeol furrow his eyebrows and get up as well from his squatting position. "Summer break is soon. You won't have to see me anyway, I'll tell the mr Kim to try and give you a new roommate or something- I have to go" 

 

 

And Chanyeol couldn't run after him this time because his mind is so ed and overwhelmed with all Baekhyun said. 

 

 

He was in love with him? 

 

 

Chanyeol tried to gulp down the lump in his throat thinking about what Baekhyun told him. Summer break was indeed very soon. Only a week away, and he knows this is the smallers chance to get away from him making him curse himself. 

 

 

He needed to make this right. 

 

 

Because god knows that the giant was head over heels for him too. 

 

 

-

 

 

When Chanyeol is back at their dorm Baekhyun is laying on jiyong facing the door but he in a blink of an eye turns his back to the giant. 

 

 

"Baekhyun we need to talk" 

 

 

When Baekhyun doesn't answer Chanyeol approaches his bed and grabs his shoulder forcing him to turn around. His gaze softens though when he sees baekhyuns bloodshot eyes and his sad pout. 

 

 

"Leave me alone" he mumbles and tries to turn away but fails when Chanyeol grabs him by the armpits carrying him with no difficulty since he was such a light weight, and put him on his on bed crawling on top of him. 

 

 

"You can't just say something like that and leave Baekhyun. "

 

 

"Let go!" 

 

 

"Listen to what I have to say!" 

 

 

"I don't care!" 

 

 

"If you didn't care you wouldn't of loved me!" 

 

 

At that Baekhyun shuts up and stops squirming. 

 

 

"Baekhyun I - I don't - i don't want you to think that what you're feeling is wrong because everything I've done for you wasn't empty. It wasn't meaningless. I truly care for you and I'll repeat it a thousand times for you to believe me. 

 

 

You're so damn perfect Bynu Baekhyun alright ? I know you think you're pathetic and all of that crap but you're ing not. You've been wronged so damn much in your life and you never should be. You always have doubts like "what if this is isn't real" or "what if he doesn't care" but have you ever wondered "what if he loves me?" "

 

 

Baekhyuns eyes widened as his bottom lip quivered

 

 

"I don't know what I have to do to gain your trust completely b-but I'll do anything! I'll wait for you. I- I just really want you to believe me when I tell you how much you mean to me" 

 

 

"I want to you know how absolutely amazing you are and I'll do whatever it takes for you to realize that because someone like you should never go to waste and I just- I - love you

 

 

I really love Baekhyun 

 

 

And it took me a while to admit that because I didn't wanna rush anything and then hurt you because I'd never what to do that. So please just- just-" Chanyeol finally made eye contact with Baekhyun seeing that the other had already had tears streaming down his face with a red nose. 

 

 

"Cha-" 

 

 

"No, no I don't wanna hear it because I know all you'll say is degrade yourself a-" 

 

 

"Well what do you expect me to do!? Chanyeol you're- you're just - p-perfect and I'm so- m-me and it sh-shouldn't be like that!" He said starting to punch Chanyeol on his chest which didn't effect him at all since his fists are small and weak.  "Y-you should b-be with s-someone as p-perfect as you l-like s-sooyoung she's so mature a-and n-nice and p-pretty-" 

 

 

"You're all of these things and more. I don't want her I want you. You said summer break is close which it is, s-so I want you to come home with me. " Chanyeol gulped as Baekhyun widened his eyes more. "Come back home with me and I'll show you there how much I love you. I-I'll take you out and I'll cook for and I'll do anything it takes me to prove to you how much you mean to me. You'll meet my family and you'll also be close to them. They can be yours too- I - I want to make you happy. P-please give me a chance? All I'm asking for is a week. Come back home with me for a week. We'll see what happens. If you don't think I'm truthful enough you can leave but please just a chance?" Chanyeol pleaded afraid that Baekhyun might reject him any second now. The small puppy only let out some quiet sobs before wrapping his arms around the tallers neck making him sigh in relief that he didn't get rejected. Though there wasn't a clear answer. 

 

 

He sat up pulling Baekhyun with him to sit straddling his lap as he quietly shed a few more tears, Chanyeol had his hand on the mop of hair under his chin lightly patting it whilst the other hand was wrapped around his waist pulling him closer. 

 

 

"You're the first one to ev-ever tell m-me that" he said through his tears, Chanyeol's heart shattered when he was kept being reminded of how wronged Baekhyun was in his life. 

 

 

"I love you so much Baekhyun. "

 

 

-

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are happily married 3 years later