When baekhyun is a diva pt.2

Chanbaek oneshots

When chanyeol gets back home he's all smiles and giggles because of the great break he's had with his family, he truly did miss them.

His atmosphere was broken though when he opens the door to his and baekhyuns dorm and sees the small guy wrapped like burrito with the covers, his eyes set on his computer screen, what broke his heard even more is how wrecked he looked, and even though he knows baekhyun is going to deny it, he can see the clear tear stains on his face and his red nose. 

"Uh hi?" He says when he thinks the other doesn't notice his presence considerin he's wearing headphones but baekhyun just nods and he's not sure if its for him or not. 

 "Yah, I got you something " 

He can see baekhyun furrow his eyebrows, the latter unplugs his headphones and pauses whatever he was watching, now looking up at the taller, chanyeol bites his lip because baekhyun looks so tired and wrecked that he just wants to hug him. Not that he  cares or anything, he just hates seeing people upset.
   
"Oh so now you're paying attention?" Chanyeol teased with a light chuckle trying to ease the mood of the room, but baekhyun doesn't budge and only sniffles to which chanyeol sighs at. 

"My mom really loves tea and I got the memo that you do too. She gave me all of these weird flavours and stuff. I don't drink it though so yeah I um- I want you to have it" he put his hand out holding a semi big ban

"Does it look like I'm a trash can?" Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows whilst baekhyun rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to accept that you don't need so you dump onto me" he said getting up to get a glass of water, though what he said was rude there was something off about it. Chanyeol felt almost as if he was trying to be rude. 

"I didn't mean it like that baekhyun. Sorry for trying to be nice" 

"I don't need your niceness"

"Fine"

Chanyeol still puts the bag of tea in baekhyuns cabin. 

A couple of weeks later it gets even weirder. Chanyeol can't tell what baekhyun is feeling -not that he cares of course-. Chanyeol feels as if he's rooming with a pregnant woman and its frustrating him because he doesn't know what to do or say that wouldn't upset the smaller. -again, not that he cares- b

When baekhyun is being a and chanyeol says something back he knows it doesn't effect baekhyun that much but sometimes it seems like it really did, and he becomes depressed for the next two days, that's how it was until chanyeol decided to try to not upset baekhyun cause he didn't know what the consequences would be. 

"Where the are my black skinny jeans!?" 

"Dunno" 

"Ugh!"
 
Shrug. 

-

Chanyeol doesn't know how to feel either when he sees baekhyun talking on the phone with he most heartbreaking voice ever, then trying to hold in his sobs after the phone call ended.

Chanyeol had gotten out of the shower and baekhyun didn't seem to notice or just didn't care, he didn't know who the latter was talking to but it was obvious that his voice was restrained and that he wanted to sound as if he's happy. 

Chanyeol decides to not mention it or not even look at baekhyun cause he knows its not his business and pretending as if he didn't see anything is the better choice.

Baekhyun goes out and doesn't come back that night. 

"Jongdae I'm telling you he's lost or something we have to call the c-"

The door opens to reveal a tired and light headed looking baekhyun. 

"Baekh-" 

Baekhyun faints on the door step. 

"I'm pretty sure you were just faced yesterday. Take these, they'll ease the headache. " chanyeol says giving baekhyun who was laying on his bed painkillers. 

"Thanks" he mumbled swallowing the pills. 

"No problem" he said getting up to the kitchen to make the other some of his favourite tea -not that he knew which one he preferred the most -  to maybe make him feel better. 

"So, uh where were you last night?" He tried to ask casually getting the tea from the cabin though he was dying to know.

"A party" 

"Oh" 

"Yeah"

Chanyeol bit his lip thinking about baekhyun attending to a party, he saw the latter going out in a nice -hot- attire last night, an oversized baby pink silk shirt that revealed his collarbones that was tucked from the front in his denim jeans which cling to him like second skin, not to mention the y messy locks and the make up. Not that chanyeol thought he looked gorgeous or anything. 

"That's cool. Who's party was it?" Again trying to sound casual he asked

"Don't know" he hears a mumbled and bit his lip. 

Did he sleep with anyone? 

Is that why he looked so wrecked? 

"!" Chanyeol yelled when he accidentally spilled hot water on himself, why did he have to think about that and not pay attention to whatever the he was doing ? 

"What happened?" 

"Nothing!" He tried to cover up the fact that he wanted to scream his lugs out from how much his skin was burning ,since it was kind of hard to do so with their dorm being kind of small and the kitchen not covered up from the beds, so basically baekhyun could see what chanyeol was doing 

"Did you seriously just burn yourself with hot water?" 

"Shut up! It's my fault for wanting to do something nice to you" he said pouring cold water on his burning arm. 

"Sorry" 
No

No

No

No

Stop 

he gulped when he realised that he did exactly what he was trying to avoid for weeks hearing that tone in his voice. He forgot that baekhyun was extra sensitive now. 

"I didn't mean it that way I just uh sorry I was being careless. Anyway, your tea is ready. It's the lemony one" he shrugged giving the mug to baekhyun not really knowing what the name of it was but baekhyun understood and nodded. 

"Thanks"

"You know you seem really fond of him" jongdae teased chanyeol who staring off at the small male under the oak tree reading a book again, looking as soft and pure as ever

"I'm not" he mumbled not taking his eyes off baekhyun. 

"You were going to call the cops when he didn't show up one night chanyeol" jongdae rolled his eyes scoffing. 

"Shddup" 

"Why don't you take a picture it'll last longer."

"...."

"Not literally you creep!" 

-

A couple of months pass by and its march now

Chanyeol hasn't seen baekhyun this happy, cheerful and not diva-like since - well - he never did And its weird and creepy. 

He even gave chanyeol a hug this morning for no reason. 

A hug. 

Why the

How the  

When the  

What the . 

"Baekhyun you're being too hyper calm down I'm trying to write this paper!".

"I can't! " he giggles. 

He ing giggles

Giggles

Byun baekhyun just giggled. 

Chanyeol can feel his insides explode. He doesn't know which made him feel like he's on could 9 more, the hug or the blissful sound of the others giggle. Not that he liked either.

Chanyeol sighed, he knew he had to finish this paper and that the small male jumping on his bed was clearly distracting but he didn't want to burst his happiness since this was the first time he's ever seen him not being a diva nor looking like a kicked puppy, so he just let him be. 

And yes he's going to deny it if you ask him why he's looking so fondly at the other and why he can't help but smile when he sees baekhyun smile. 

-

After a few days baekhyun is still in his hyper - happy mood and its making chanyeol really curious about what's going on. What could possibly make byun baekhyun this happy?

He smiled seeing the puppy like human swinging his legs while sitting on a chair humming a tune in the kitchen drinking his tea.

"You're weird" chanyeol thought fondly and didn't realise what he had said until he saw the said male looking at him and chuckle. 

"What's wrong with being happy chanyeollie?"

Chanyeollie? 

What the ?

"Why are you so happy anyway?"

"No reason" he said looking down at his tea with a huge grin making chanyeol sigh and shrug acting as if he didn't care when in reality it was killing him inside, it was almost fine though considering he gets to see baekhyun beautiful smile on the daily though. 

-

Chanyeol had no classes today so when he wakes up knowing he hasn't had enough sleep he's about to yell at whatever that was annoying him since he was a pretty light sleeper. 

He opens his eyes and sees baekhyuns back facing him while the latter is sitting on his bed talking on the phone. 

"No its fine" 

"Y-yeah don't worry father"

"Mhm. No I understand." 

"Of course father, business comes first I realise that" 

"Yes thank you"

Chanyeol bites his lip well knowing that tone of baekhyuns voice. The tone he uses to pretend everything's okay when he's almost about to burst. 

Was that really his father though? Because he was talking to him so formally it was kind of sad. What was even sadder is the fact that he said "business comes first" because of how he had said it. Chanyeol bites his lip furrowing his eyebrows trying to think of an explanation to the whole situation from the start.

"Happy birthday to me I guess" 

Oh 

Now it all makes since and chanyeol couldn't feel worse for the guy.

He pretends to be asleep when baekhyun gets up from his spot and heads to the bathroom so he doesn't need to explain himself or deal with the awkwardness. 

So it was baekhyuns birthday huh? 

What was he supposed to do though? Get him a present and say ' hey happy birthday. I knew it was your birthday because I heard your conversation with your dad who seemed like an . Hope you like it' he couldn't just say that. 

He sighed trying to think of a way to make this day slightly better for baekhyun but still casually, his thoughts stop though when he hears sniffles coming from the bathroom. 

Baekhyuns crying.

Chanyeol's eyes widen as he gulps because that's the first time he's ever at least heard him actually cry and its breaking his heart into a million pieces, he just wanted to hold the smaller and shush him and tell shower him with presents and love so he can forget about that poor excuse of a father he has, he wants to - 

BOOM! 

-

"Wh-what happened?" A sleepy baekhyun asks when he wakes up from his slumber, he sees chanyeol looking down at him in what seemed like concern but he isn't going to fool himself. 

"H-hey take it easy." Chanyeol said softly when baekhyun tried to sit up. 

"Do you not remember what happened?" 

"N-no?"

"Well you um you h-had a seizure when you were in the bathroom and I uh c-called the doctor. We took you to a hospital and you stayed there for some time but He said it'd be okay to keep you here instead of a hospital now if I gave you the right meds, so I um went to the pharmacy and got what he said to get, uh he also said it was from emotional stress so you should take it easy for now. I called professor Zhang so you don't have to worry about your classes for now- um and he said that you shouldn't take any other medication other the ones he scripted so uh yeah I thought you should know that" 

He wishes he didnt have to, but Baekhyun got the memo

 

 

 

-flashback to after chanyeol heard the crash- 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol scrambled out of his bed to the bathroom only to find that it had been locked. 

"!" He cursed punching the door. "Baekhyun!?" No answer "baekhyun are you okay!?" When there was no answer again chanyeol gulped freaking the out. He knew they had extra keys for everything here but baekhyuns smart decided to take them and not tell chanyeol about where they were. 

He thought for a couple of seconds about where the might be, when he didn't have any clue he just started trashing their dorm searching everywhere for it until he had found it in a small semi-hidden drawer in the kitchen that had the rest of the keys.

He quickly unlocked the door to find baekhyun laying on the ground with broken glass beside him, he didn't waste any time with carrying the small body to his bed and checking it for any injuries or bruises, he sighed in relief when he found none.

He then called Kim junmyeon the doctor near their collage to get hear asap. When chanyeol realised how dumb he was by not calling an ambulance and doctor Kim angrily scolding him they took him to the hospital, after everything was done and baekhyun was confirmed to be fine, chanyeol asked to take him back home which doctor Kim was hesitant about but at the end agreed with a sigh scripting him all the meds he need to give baekhyun for the next couple of days

-

Sighing, chanyeol looked over the sleeping body on the bed and frowned. Why would anyone hurt such beauty? He knows him and baekhyun aren't he closest of friends but the shorter sure did find a way into chanyeol's heart and mind over time.

He remembered that he had took the key from the baekhyuns drawer and decided to also take the rest of them since he knew they'd need them if something like that happened again.

Opening the drawer he furrowed his eyebrows, he had been so in a rush when that happened that he didn't care about anything other than finding the key to notice that here was a ton of pills in that drawer next to the keys.

He bit the inside of his cheek to see all of these were meds like fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram and paroxetine (a/n these are antidepressant drugs)

Baekhyun didn't deserve this. He never deserved this. Even though he ruined most of his first year in collage, and kicked him out so many times for not cleaning after himself he'd never deserve this. Its all clear now that baekhyun acts like a spoiled brat because its his only defense. He's lonely and depressed. The fact that he didn't even have anyone to see on Christmas break alone is ing heartbreaking and proves chanyeols point. When baekhyun seemed so happy these past couple of weeks it had been so beautiful to witness for chanyeol beautiful smiles and giggles. Baekhyun had never glowed so much as long as chanyeol knew him. The sight was absolutely precious and the fact that it was all ruined from a single phone call from baekhyuns dad made chanyeol's blood boil because like he said, baekhyun didn't deserve this, he only deserves happiness. 

 

 

 

-I'm sorry for any mistakes :( but before but I did want to say that the whole seizure idea was inspired from someone else but I can't remember who I'm so sorry :( I didn't want to not give credit so if y'all reconise this hmu. Also, there's obviously going to be another part but idk when . I hope this wanst a disappointment tho !!