Please wake up... but not right now

Feeling the pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank youcj041586, hwin_byul, Wysmom, mennie68, bluerose_24 and jongosh for the upvotes, and thank you hwin_byul, AnnaLee89, FishyKatRen and eugena for the comments!

As a thank you, luna2moon has offerered another chapter! Wooh!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Love you all!

 

 

~~~~<3~~~~

 

 

The next day, Hyukjae started his new shift.

 

Everything was normal, until he was called for an emergency. The ambulance was it’s way to the hospital, they radioed over the symptoms of the patient and asked for a specialist, who in this case was Hyukjae.

 

The patient seemed to be in shock. His heart stopped a few times and the paramedics had no idea what was really going on, but they managed to luckily bring him back a few times. Hyukjae was horrified when he read the name of the patient.

 

It was Donghae.

 

And Donghae was dying.

 

He was waiting for the ambulance, it was like he could actually hear the sound of the siren blaring into his ear when the vehicle arrived. Soon the doors burst open, and the paramedics brought in the stretcher which was carrying a lifeless Donghae.

 

Hyukjae felt something well up inside of him, but he put his professional expression on and pushed aside any worry he felt.

 

The first thing they did was connect the defibrillator, and once it was charged they sent the electric currents through Donghae, in attempt to bring him back. But his body wasn’t responding. The more electricity they added, the more desperate Hyukjae got.

 

Needles were used to try and activate Donghae’s heart, all the drugs they had used, were ineffective, until Hyukjae did the last thing he could think of.

 

He injected the drug straight into Donghae’s heart, something very risky as you have to be very skilled and precise, otherwise you can kill the patient instantly.

 

The entire operation room went silent.

 

They waited

 

Then they heard a tiny beep on the heart monitor. Hyukjae took in a gasp of air, as he didn’t realise he had stopped breathing.

 

It was not a strong beat, but life was back. Beautiful Donghae was back, and that was the only thing that mattered.

 

All his team worked with him for hours until he was stable.

 

Hyukjae was trying so hard to find out a reason for Donghae’s condition, but nothing seemed to make sense. He was so confused... He wanted Donghae to just wake up and tell him something, anything, to be able to identify what really happened to him.

 

He waited for so long beside his bed, waiting for him to wake up. When hours passed, Hyukjae decoded to go and exam his other patients, but nothing happened whilst he was out.

After he finished his shift, he went to look for Donghae, but there was still no news on his condition. He knew he had to go home to see his dog, but he really wanted to see Donghae when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter