042

Never Ever

Taiwan

 

 

Rina sat up and rubbed her eyes; she looked at the windows and glared at the opened curtains.

“No need to hate the sun for rising today,” Mark said as he strolled out of the dressing room, clad in a navy blue three-piece suit.

“How are you already dressed up?” She groaned and she slid down from the bed.

I tried waking you up earlier, but you wouldn’t budge.” Mark grinned before leaning down to kiss her cheek.

Go and shower, let’s have breakfast together.”

“Must I be there too? It’s your company.” She asked again.

“Yes, I need you there, Irina.”

She made a face before walking towards the bathroom, Mark just grinned before stepping out of the room.

Mark glanced up as Rina walked in the dining room, she was dressed in a pair of black fitted slacks and a Gucci blouse.

“You seem nervous.” She said as she sat across him.

“Are you really okay with staying here? You didn’t really have to come here, R. I can just fly home on weekends~”

“So, you’re worried because of that? Not because of it’s your first day as president?”

Mark looked at his coffee; Irina smiled before pushing herself off the chair and walking to him.

“It’s about time you stop overthinking, Mark. I chose to came here because I know you need me here, and,” She said as she sat down on his lap, Mark smiled and just pressed his cheek on her hair briefly. His eyes went to the thin gold chain around her neck, his brows rose, he touched it briefly before placing his hand on her left thigh.

“Seoul will be boring without you.” She beamed.

“I came here because you’re here and this is your home. I don’t care what others think, but I’m here for you. Just you.” Rina smiled lazily before pressing her lips against his.

 

 

Rina bit her lip just as the Rolls Royce pulled over in front of the twin towers that is also known as Tuan Group’s main office.

“R?” Mark looked at her, she gave him a small smile before he slid down from the car, Rina followed him and paused.

Employees were waiting to greet them by the doors and inside the lobby, Rina glanced at Mark briefly.

They sure are excited to have you back.” Rina smiled, Mark winked at her before walking ahead.

“I heard about your decision, jie.” Joey came up to her, they both followed Mark towards the entrance.

“Are you going to judge me for it?”

“No, I’m just curious. Why don’t you want to join us here?” Joey asked as they got inside the building, Rina smiled as the employees greeted her hesitantly.

“I just..I figured I need a break from all these..corporate stuff.” She nodded, Joey grinned.

Too heavy for you?”

“I’m still trying to grasp what kind of situation did I put myself in,” She whispered, Mark glanced at them briefly, his secretary stepped back.

“I think the guy I married is too rich, it’s scary.” She continued jokingly, Joey laughed.

“Okay, stop it, come here.” Mark was grinning as he placed one hand on her back as they walked to the elevators.

“Nice to meet you, ma’am.” The secretary chirped.

“Same here.” Rina shook the male’s hand, Mark grew amused at the male’s unsure reaction.

They got inside the elevator; Rina walked towards Mark and leaned her chin on his shoulder.

“This is why I told you not to binge watch Attack on Titan last night, you’re all groggy now.” Mark mused and just rubbed her back soothingly.

It’s too addicting.” She sighed.

Arissa said you guys are going out today?” Mark asked her.

“Yeah. She wants to show me around, and by show around, it means shopping.”

Mark chuckled, the doors pinged open, Rina pulled away from him.

“Tell her let’s grab lunch together.” Mark stated as they walked to his office, staff bowed as the passed by, while Rina balked.

“You’re not the crown prince or something.” She muttered.

People at LLG bowed~”

“Ani, they only said hi or hello.” She defended, Mark chuckled and just took her hand in his.

“But, I have to deal with this. I was the one who proposed. I married to this.” She nodded to herself.

“Heol. And I said yes to all this angst and sarcasm?” Mark mused, Rina made a face at him.

Awwe, you know I love you, Tuan.” She teased; they stopped in front of his office.

“I have to go say hi to nai nai, you go on with your meeting.”

“Can’t you come?” Mark asked.

Nope. I don’t work for the Tuans anymore.” She stuck her tongue playfully, Mark rolled his eyes, Rina just kissed the side of his jaw before rushing towards the office across his.

“Good luck on your meeting, Mr. Tuan!” She called out, causing some of the employees to smile as she passed by.

Mark just shook his head and went inside his office.

 

 

“Look, they’re all staring.” Arissa mused, the two ladies were walking around the mall. Rina had the feeling that her friend may have almost emptied some of the shops.

“I don’t get it, why are they so~”

“Curious about the Tuans, especially, you?” Arissa grinned at her.

“Yeah, I see the way they react towards me, I~”

“Well, in the public’s eyes, the Tuans have always been a little elusive. Everyone is aware of how loaded the family is, the Tuans are old money, Rina.”

“I know that.” Rina nodded and she looked around.

“You’re the new girl here. This isn’t Seoul anymore, R.” Arissa mused, Rina made a face at her.

“It’s uncomfortable, huh? I used to do this alone. Being the only Tang heir made me a bit of a loner. You can understand why Mark was my only friend here in Taipei.” Arissa said, Rina looked at her and then she noticed how other people would glance at them as they passed by. She suddenly felt bad for her friend, the fact that Arissa had to deal with that alone made Rina feel sad for her.

“You just have to get used to it, Rina. You married one of Taiwan’s eligible bachelors, most ladies in our circle are aware of how almost perfect Mark Tuan is. You will be the target of all envy,” Arissa said with a smile.

You’re actually happy for me because of those things you said.” Rina shook her head.

“You married a great guy, Rina. Of course I’m happy, because if you never married him, I wouldn’t have a great friend like you.” Arissa chuckled.

“A friend who would watch as you empty this mall?”

“It’s not like you don’t have cash to burn.” Arissa mused, Rina slapped her arm, the other girl chuckled.

“Relax, Mrs. Tuan. Didn’t you marry for him money?” Arissa teased.

Ya! Rina balked, Arissa laughed.

“But you love him anyway, and he loves you. And I acknowledge that your family has money to burn too.” She hummed as she pulled Rina to the closes restaurant across the street.

I swear to god, I wonder why I even thought you were mystery girl.” Rina stated as they arrived in front of the entrance.

“Your fault, not mine.”

 

 

“Why are we stopping?” Rina asked as the car pulled to a stop, they had just had lunch with Arissa and were now in front of a white glass wall building.

“There’s been a delay with the documents.” Mark said as he helped her down the car.

“What documents?” Rina asked as they walked towards the building, she grinned at her two guards before nudging Mark again.

“Samonim wont be happy about this.” One guard whispered.

“I agree.”

“Your cars. The four Land Cruisers and the Tundra, the earliest they’ll arrive is three months.”

There was already a frown forming on her face, Mark pushed the door for her.

“But, I thought~”

“So, we’re here.” Mark said, Rina looked around her, they were inside a Mercedes Benz dealership.

“Mark, no. Ew.”

The two guards chuckled to themselves, it was common knowledge that their boss's wife didn't like luxury vehicles, Mark smiled knowingly before pulling her towards the nearest car.

“R, I know you like roaming around alone. And I need to be assured that you’re safe. So we’re getting you something sturdy and compact.”

“But I can just borrow~”

“Irina, you hate my cars.” Mark pointed out, she closed .

“How about this? This is somewhat similar to what you usually drive?” Mark said as he patted the G Class’s hood, Rina looked at it.

“Consider this as….a gift for me.” Mark nodded.

“What? You’re buying me a car but it’s my gift to you?”

“You using this car. It’s a gift. At least I know you’re safe and you wont see the excuse to take cabs or buses again.”

Rina looked away, a few days ago she did disappear briefly. She got on the wrong bus and got lost instead. Which, she knew, bothered Mark a lot. Since the Tuans were sometimes targeted by kidnappers.

“Can I choose another color?” She asked, Mark’s smile made her blush slightly.

“Thank you, R.” He grinned before calling the sales executive, she faced her guards again.

“You guys win this time.” She muttered, the guards just grinned back at her. Rina made his way towards Mark, he was speaking with two other males, probably about the car.

Hey, Tuan.

Mark paused and looked at her, the two employees greeted her politely before discreetly stepping back.

What is it?” Mark faced her, she started to fiddle around her collar.

Irina, what~

Rina let go of the chain, Mark paused, there was something hanging on it. A familiar sapphire and diamond ring.

“Rina,”

“Yes.” She smiled.

“This is me..saying yes to marrying you after being married to you.” Rina smiled, Mark’s face brightened.

“R, I~”

“I still don’t understand why you asked, clearly, I would choose~”

Mark just pulled her to his chest.

“It’s important. It’s important that you choose to be with me and not because of the circumstances from before.”

Rina smiled and just wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Pabo, why do you think I asked you and not Jaebum or Jackson instead?” She chuckled, Mark just kissed her cheek.

“Because I’m the only quiet one?”

“Ani. Because you’re perfect, despite this irritating need of yours to buy me a car, I do like~”

Mark just pressed his lips against hers.

 

 

“I love you too, R. You know that.” He just chuckled before walking back to the salesmen.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++