041

Never Ever

 

“Well, that was…” Rina trailed off, Mark handed her the glass of wine and sat down across her.

“Intense.” She finished. Mark smiled and just leaned back on the couch.

“But, thank you, Tuan. Thanks for standing up for me despite me being a brat to you sometimes.” She smiled; Mark chuckled and just looked at the TV.

“We have lunch with our parents later, shouldn’t we be preparing?” She asked as she leaned against him, Mark shrugged and pressed his nose on her head briefly.

“Do you think abeonim will hate me for this? I mean, what I just did~”

“He won’t. He knows that you own LLG, I mean, you did acquire it legally,” She stated, she turned to face him.

“It may be a little awkward, but didn’t you marry me to stabilize Tuan Group’s hold in South Korea? In a way, there was already a possibility of LLG being bought out.”

Wow, you have a knack for making excuses.” Mark chuckled, Rina made a face at him.

“I’m just saying. But you already returned everything. So, stop fretting about it.”

Mark just smiled and leaned over to press his lips against hers.

“I’m not fretting about that, I’m worried he might take you away from me.” He grinned as he pulled back.

“Heol.” Rina shuddered, Mark chuckled.

“What if our parents find out? That we faked everything at first.” She mused.

“Let’s not hope for that.” Mark smiled; Rina exhaled and just leaned her cheek on his shoulder.

“Yeah, let me sleep for a bit.” She mumbled before pressing her cheek against his arm, Mark just wrapped his arms around her.

 

 

“Taiwan?” Mrs. Lee echoed, Mark nodded politely.

“I’m actually fine with it, ma.” Rina grinned, she felt Mr. Tuan looking at her. The young couple was enjoying lunch with their parents at Rina’s childhood home.

After your wedding, Mark was supposed to move to Taiwan immediately,” He spoke, Mark looked away. Rina grew amused.

“What happened?” Rina’s father spoke.

But he reasoned with me, claiming that he needed time. And that he didn’t want to leave Seoul immediately. He was worried that moving to Taiwan would be too overwhelming for Rina.”

Mrs. Tuan chuckled and patted her son’s hand, Rina looked at Mark with a knowing smile.

“When are you two leaving?” Mr. Lee asked.

“In a few days, pa. I still have some things to take care of.” Rina nodded and picked up her fork.

“Visit your grandparents before you leave.” He replied kindly, Rina chewed on her lip but she agreed.

“Then, dessert? Eommonim, you make the best apple pie.” Mark beamed at his mother-in-law, Mrs. Tuan laughed.

“You did raise him well.” Mrs. Lee grinned at her in-law.

My son will probably do anything for food.” Mrs. Tuan said, Mark chuckled.

 

 

“What did pa mean by you not wanting to leave for Taiwan back then?” Rina asked they stepped out of the Lee residence. Mark grinned and put on his baseball cap.

“If I said yes to that and we flew to Taiwan, what will happen to wifey’s grand plan?” Mark mused; Rina narrowed her eyes at him.

“I promised that I’d help you, taking over in Taiwan could wait.” He nodded, Rina looped her arm around his, and it was one of those days that they chose to not be well put together. Mark was wearing a loose gray hoodie with black ripped jeans, while Rina was dressed casually in black turtleneck shirt and a pair of denim shorts with her Vans sneakers.

“And, I didn’t want to put you through that. I mean, flying to Taiwan..it meant being permanent, Irina. If I bring you there, and introduced you back then, it’s like I tied you to me.”

Rina smiled and looked at her shoes.

“That’s cute, Mark.” She mused, Mark snorted.

So, you’re bringing me now because you think I’m permanently Mrs. Tuan now?”

“Yeap.” Mark nodded quickly, she laughed.

“Hey, R?” Mark called as they reached his waiting Audi. Rina looked at him.

How about we go on a date.”

“Now?” Rina blinked at him.

“We never did go on a date.” Mark stated, giving her a pleading smile.

Well, we’ve been hanging out just the two of us since freshman year, Mark. Those count as dates..technically, so no, we already went on dates, Mark.”

“But that was different.” Mark argued. Rina grew amused.

Fine. But no Apgujeong shopping. Please.” She pointed out, Mark beamed before opening the door for her.

 

 

“Be honest, we’re not used to this.” Rina mused as they strolled around Itaewon.

“We’re not the type to go out a lot.” She continued, Mark just had one hand on her back as they walked.

“I think we stay at home too much.” Mark said.

“But staying at home is perfect.” Rina prompted, he smiled.

“Have you thought of what to name the Malamute?” Mark asked her.

“I have.” She smiled and glanced at him.

“What?”

“We should name it after Jackson.” She replied, Mark blinked in confusion.

“I mean, come on, he was the one who came up with the whole “Mark needs to marry a Lee heiress, so why not Irina” plan, remember?”

You’re naming our son after our matchmaker?” Mark balked, Rina chuckled.

“If it weren’t for him, do you really think we’d end up together?” She mused, Mark scrunched his nose.

“Probably..yes. I mean I’d still ask you out.”

Even with Bona coming after you?” She teased dryly.

“Is this you being jealous? I like it.” Mark chuckled and just wrapped his arm around her waist.

Rina paused, she chewed on her lip briefly.

“Actually, I was…worried at first, when they started pairing you with Bona.” She stated, Mark looked at her.

“I was…I didn’t want things to change. I actually really like it when we hung out before, random food trips, being lazy in the condo or just going to school together.”

“Aigoo.” Mark cooed, Rina eyed him warily.

“But luckily, that didn’t seem to get in your schedule, you still hung out with me and our friends, went to food trips despite going out with Bona.”

“Priorities.” Mark shrugged nonchalantly, Rina smiled.

“I’m glad I’m still number one then.”

 

 

“Well, good for you, princess.” Mark chuckled and kissed her cheek before going inside the bookstore. Rina grinned and just followed him in the shop.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++