038

Never Ever

 

 

Rina set down her phone before walking back to the patio; Jaebum smiled and waved her over.

“Mark mentioned that you guys were leaving.”

“Why? Worried about me?”

“Ani, I’m not used to not having someone bother me on a daily basis.” Jaebum pointed out, Rina hit his arm.

“Well, I’m happy for you, Rina.”

“Thanks, Im. I know I made you worry a lot.”

“Anytime.” Jaebum nodded, then they looked up as Arissa arrived with some kebabs and grilled corn.

“Did I destroy a BFF moment?” She mused as she sat down across them, Mark and Haena arrived.

“We were talking about Taiwan, jie.”

“Oooh. Yes! I finally have a decent person to hang out with.” Arissa cheered, Mark chuckled and just handed Rina a piece of corn.

“Well, good luck, oppa.” Haena mused as she chewed on her barbeque.

“­­Arissa Tang and Rina Tuan hits Taiwan, wow, it already sounds like a headache.” Jackson teased.

 

 

“Are you sure about this, R?” Mark asked, Rina nodded the jet had just landed and they were only waiting for the captain’s signal for disembarkation.

“I was thinking it over the past few days, well, you weren’t talking to me, so I had to keep my brain occupied.”

Mark smiled and just squeezed her hand.

“Seriously though, yes. I am sure of it. He’s the only one I can trust. And I understand if you have objections with this, I can call on a~”

“No, no, I don’t. I just wanted to ask you.” Mark stated.

“Mark, you bought LLG for me. If you anything against this, you can~”

“And I gave it to you. So it’s yours. Whatever you want to do with it, it’s fine with me.” Mark said firmly, Rina exhaled and nodded.

“It’s time to go down. ” Mark stood up and picked up their backpacks.

“So, I was thinking about Taiwan,” Rina said as she followed him. She poked Jaebum and Jinyoung on the way.

“Yeah?” Mark asked as they climbed down the steps.

“Are we staying at your nai nai’s place or do~”

“No, we have our own house there.”

“Not a condo unit, right?” Rina held onto his hand as they reached the waiting car.

“Yeah. A house with a garden. Is something wrong, Irina?” Mark glanced at her.

She smiled sheepishly.

Why?”

“I was thinking about my cars….and the dogs.”

Mark chuckled.

“So, you had to check if we have space for your giant cars and kids?”

“Hey, my cars are~”

“I know, I know, you love them. Don’t worry. We have space for them.” Mark grinned as he gestured for her to get in the car.

“Good.” She nodded as she went to her seat, Mark followed her, he waved at his friends before closing the door.

“You’re not going to check if there’s space for us?” Mark teased as the car started to move.

“No. I already checked for the things that matter most.” She snorted.

Mark just smiled before pulling her to him.

“Tuan?” Rina spoke, Mark nodded for her to continue.

“I love you too.”

Mark smiled and just kissed the top of her head.

 

 

Rina flexed her neck and picked up her coffee.

“Yes, the high demand for bananas means we can retain our contacts in Mexico and the Philippines.” She nodded.

“About LLG Dairy then, director?”

She looked at her father.

“With regards to our cow farms, I have sent two anima nutritionists to visit by Wednesday.” Lee Jinhyuk spoke, the other male nodded and sat down.

Rina glanced at her phone, it had been vibrating endlessly, she sighed and looked at the screen.

It was her secretary.

Director, it’s the vice president. –Sec. Yeo

She blinked, before she could reply, her father nudged her.

“What about Jeju? The ranch there, harvest season will be coming soon. What do yo suggest?”

“I don’t think we have anything to change with our practices, I’ll visit as soon as I can, abeoji.” She nodded before going back to her phone. She quickly typed in a message for Mark.

Did something happen? My office called.

Mark’s reply came a few minutes later.

Check the news later. –Mark

Rina paused and started to browse on her phone, then she stilled.

“That snake.” She muttered under her breath, her father glanced at her.

“What is it?”

“It’s..nothing.” She replied quickly, before she could call Mark, a message from him arrived.

Let me take care of this. Just concentrate on your meeting. Love you. –Mark

 

 

“Why….Why does she want to die?” Haena spoke, Jinyoung looked at the paper again.

“She’s crazy.” Arissa’s Korean was perfect when it came to cursing.

“I..I…I’m speechless.” Jinyoung finished.

Rina’s favorite cousin, Bona had released a statement to the press. There was a video of her crying to the press about how her cousin stole Mark from him just to take over LLG and kick them all out.

“This doesn’t explain why both of you are here.” Jinyoung stood up from his desk, Haena beamed at him.

“Rina can take care of this, don’t worry too much about it.” He added.

“I don’t think unnie will be taking care of this.” Haena stated.

“Why not?” Arissa spoke.

“She’s actually in a closed door meeting right now, with LLG’s farm managers. The only relative with her is her father. She’s too busy.”

“So…Mark hyung will?” Jinyoung stilled.

“Oh, no.” Arissa blurted.

“Mark…doesn’t deal with gossip very~”

“You mean, his temper doesn’t suit this~”

The doors opened, Jinyoung’s secretary led Mark in. His brows were furrowed as he set the newspaper on the coffee table with a loud thud.

Haena flinched, Arissa slowly leaned back on the couch.

“What is wrong with Bona?” He spoke, his deep voice unusually cold and calm.

“Oppa, why don’t~”

“What else do they want? Rina is giving the company back, and now she~” Mark trailed off and closed his eyes briefly.

“Why can’t they give her a break? They almost broke her before and now, they really want to go all out?” Mark spoke.

“This is yours to take care of.” Haena mouthed to her boyfriend before pulling Arissa with her out of the office.

“Hyung, this is~”

Mark looked at the paper again.

“I am annoyed too, she made Rina look like some greedy woman whose only goal was to steal from the family but this is them taunting her But a simple statement can fix~” Jinyoung paused, his brows rose.

“Hyung, what did you do?” He asked, Mark met his gaze evenly.

 

 

“Protect what’s mine. What else?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++