031

Never Ever

 

Rina stared at her reflection in the mirror, she put the highlighter brush down and exhaled.

Will you do that again?

What?

When the time comes,

Choose me again.

She chewed on her lower lip as she went through her rack of lipsticks. She stood up and made her way to the closet.

She jumped when her phone started to ring, she picked out a Monique Lhuillier gown and set it on the divan before rushing to her phone.

“Haena?”

“I called you earlier, but they said you guys went out?”

Yes, we were out for a bit. Yachting. Mark wanted to go yachting.” Rina nodded as she put her cousin on speaker and chose a lipstick.

He knows you hate the beach, right?” Haena grew amused.

He does, but he knew I needed the escape.” Rina checked her lashes briefly.

“And you didn’t mind the extra company.” Haena stated. Rina picked up the pearl earrings and smiled.

“Unnie, I know things have been very difficult for you, I mean, even now, I just saw the news about your uncle.”

“Actually, I didn’t do that.” Rina stood up and took off her silk robe, she made her way to the dress and ped it.

Really?

“I just wanted it between lawyers, you know. But, I heard from Mark’s secretary,” Rina stated as she put on the dress.

“Mark wanted to go public. Nobody could do anything but follow him.”

“Of course, anything to protect his princess.” Haena stated, Rina paused and set down the pair of heels she chose.

Haena, can we talk later? I mean, privately.

Let me guess, Mark?

Rina exhaled.

I swear to god, if you reject him, I will kill you, unnie.

Rina balked and stared at her phone in surprise.

“Well, okay…Don’t go psycho on me.

You already have the perfect guy in front of you, why are you doing this to yourself?

Rina just sighed and ended the call.

 

 

“He can be so demanding, I am starting to wonder how I got along with him.” Rina murmured as they stepped in the lobby, Mark smiled and offered his arm to her.

He’s an only child, so he gets stressed over taking over.” Mark said as they reached the reserved hall.

I get the stress too, but he’s too~” Rina paused just as they entered the room, Jinyoung and Jackson were grinning at them.

You’re wearing it.” Mark smiled as he noticed the pearl earrings.

It’s a gift, of course I have to. I love it by the way.” She stated, Mark nodded.

I saw the news, Mark. Is that why you wanted to go..out of town earlier?” She asked quietly.

I…I couldn’t stand it, R. I know I may have overstepped my boundaries by releasing that, but it was just….so unfair to you.” Mark said, Rina shook her head.

Your name was dirtied for no reason, and yet all along it was him. The one who had malicious plans against LLG, and he’s even stealing. I just…somehow, I need to clean your name.

I know, it’s fine, Mark. Don’t worry about it. I’m glad you did what you did.” She nodded and squeezed his hand.

“Aigoo, Seoul’s power couple is finally here.” Haena mused as she reached them.

My creation!” Jackson chuckled and looped one arm around Rina’s.

Unnie, congratulations. Your uncle finally got what he deserves and now he can rot in hell and never~

“Okay, too intense, babe. Stop it.” Jinyoung nudged her, Mark grinned.

“Jaebum’s been looking for you. He said he needed to talk.” Jackson spoke, Rina looked around and found her friend speaking with an elderly couple.

I’ll go deal with the best friend.” Rina faced Mark, he just nodded and let go of her hand.

 

 

You all look like vultures eyeing me, the carcass.” Mark stated as soon as Rina left.

“Oppa, why can’t you do it quickly? I’m going crazy here.” Haena stated, Mark paused.

“Rina. Can you even let her go?” Jinyoung spoke.

Her revenge is almost complete. It’s ending. With her uncle going to jail, LLG being restored and purged out of their dirt, then the deal’s off. You already stabilized Tuan Group here.” Jackson stated, Mark’s brows met briefly.

“I..I already told her about it. I asked her to choose me again.”

“Again?” Haena blinked.

“Something happened.” Mark nodded, Jackson pursed his lips before crossing the hall towards Jaebum and Rina.

Please, please, end up together, okay?” Haena nudged him, Mark chuckled.

“Let’s go to our seats.” Jinyoung grinned and just pulled her with him, Mark was about to follow them when somebody spoke behind him.

“How does it feel?”

Mark spun around and found Taeyong standing before him.

“I’m asking you how does it feel? Taking care of my leftovers.” He spat.

Mark’s jaw twitched.

“I don’t have time for this.” Mark replied.

“You, she would never choose you if I didn’t leave.” Taeyong smirked, Mark’s brows met.

“Remember this, she would never have chosen you if I didn’t leave~”

Mark grabbed him by the collar before his fist connected with his face.

 

 

“I didn’t know that. You didn’t call me!” Rina argued.

“I messaged you, you just didn’t~”

They both stopped arguing when they heard the loud crash, Rina looked up and saw the table that was once filled with champagne glasses laying flat on the marble floor and the yellow liquid spilled over, and Taeyong was the center of it.

“You don’t get to speak of her that way!” Mark hissed.

Mark!” Rina ran towards them, she saw the blood on Taeyong’s lip and hand.

“Ri~”

Rina knelt down beside Taeyong and shook her head.

“Can you stand?” She asked him, Taeyong looked at Mark briefly, he raised one brow at him challengingly.

“You’re bleeding.” Rina sighed and she wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

Unbelievable.” Mark spat, Rina looked up just as to see Mark’s retreating figure in the crowd.

 

 

“Mark!” Rina lifted the hem of her skirt slightly and ran after him, Mark loosened his tie as he stepped out of the hall.

“Hey, wait!” She finally reached him and grabbed his arm.

“Mark, what was~”

“Just one thing!” Mark spat, she stilled.

I only asked for one thing, Irina. Was that too much?” He faced her.

“Mark, he was bleeding, I just~”

“Why can’t you see me?” Mark met her gaze evenly.

“Mark, I…do. I really do.” She replied, her tears falling down on her cheeks.

“I don’t think so, R. ” He shook his head again; Rina could sense the anger in him.

“Why, why can’t you choose me instead? Why does it always have to be him?” Mark asked.

“You don’t know how many times I chose you, Mark. Listen to me, Taeyong~”

“I don’t know, R. I don’t know what’s what anymore.” Mark stepped back from her.

“Mark, don’t do this. Listen to me, please.”

 

“I have to go.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++