030

Never Ever

 

Rina put her Dior sunglasses on and laid flat on the lounge chair.

Whoa, you are actually enjoying this.

She grinned and sat up just as Mark took the space next to hers.

It’s nice to be able to escape for while.” She replied as the cool sea breeze blew her hair, Mark smiled.

You know, ma called me the other day,” Rina started as she pushed the glass of iced tea to Mark.

About grandchildren again?” Mark winced, Rina chuckled.

No, but she asked me..well in a very sly manner,” She looked at her fingers while grinning.

If I like Taiwan and that could I see myself living there.

“Heol.” Mark balked.

They’re probably thinking of moving you. Like, it’s time to take that seat.” Rina looked at him.

If I need to, will you come with?

Rina paused briefly, and nodded.

If you want me there, I’ll be there.

Mark paused, then he stood up.

“But not right now.” Rina blinked.

I know, I want to show you something. A surprise.

 

 

“What are we going to do?” Haena asked, she looked at Jackson.

I don’t know how things are between them, they confuse me.” Joey added as he sliced his steak.

I know, they just click so well, you know. I mean, you can never sense if something’s up.” Haena mumbled.

“You, take care of your creation.” Jinyoung spoke.

“Rina….Rina mentioned divorce.” Jaebum stated, the table turned quiet.

She did. To me.” Joey spoke, they all looked at him.

“The shares. She told me about this. That time Mark and her argued, but they already fixed that.” Haena pointed out.

“Does she want divorce?” Jackson balked.

“She doesn’t want that.” Jaebum finally spoke, he bit the insides of his cheek.

“How are you so sure of that?” Haena pressed, Jaebum swallowed.

“I just..I just..”

“You, you are unnie’s best friend. You know things!” Haena stabbed one finger at his direction.

“I do, but~”

“Forget the best friend pact, Im Jaebum. Spit it out.” Haena demanded, Joey grew amused.

“You’re in for it now.” Jinyoung nodded.

“Rina…She’s afraid, okay?”

“What? Her feelings?” Jackson blinked.

“No. She’s afraid of tying down Mark. She thinks that if she tells Mark how she really feels, then he’d have to really take her in.”

“Wait, she..she likes him back?” Jackson beamed.

“Are you blind? It was too obvious.” Haena nodded.

“Unnie is…kind of different, I mean, she can be very affectionate with male friends and not think about it too much, that kinda makes it different for most guys to get to know her. But with Mark oppa, it’s different. She’s careful around him, and she’s more open when it comes to him.” Haena smiled.

“I guess I just needed confirmation for that.” She finished.

“I don’t get it, she’s afraid of tying him down? But Mark Tuan would do anything just to keep her.” Jackson asked.

“That’s the problem, Rina doesn’t know that. She probably doesn’t see it either.” Jinyoung sighed.

“How do you not see that? She’s driving me crazy.” Haena muttered darkly.

 

 

“You called for us, abeoji?” Ahee spoke, the Lee elder was sitting up and just had his breakfast.

“How’s the company?” He asked, everyone in the room stilled.

“Of course, no one can answer that.” He said quietly.

“Abeoji, the company~”

“You kicked out the one person I trusted amongst all of you. Jinhyuk’s daughter..she’s probably better than all of you. None of you even visit the farms, so, why?” He tossed the newspaper across the floor. Rina’s father looked at the front page, his brows furrowed.

Cheonshik’s eyes widened.

“Do you know what she’s been doing, abeoji?” His second daughter asked.

“I know, she cleaned up after your mess, especially you, I cannot believe you.” He looked at his youngest son.

“You have been stealing from me!”

“Abeoji, I’m~”

“I don’t care if you’re sorry, but you have to face this alone. Leave the company and never show up again.”

“I cannot believe you all, turning your backs on each other, even almost kicking them out from the family,” The elder seethed.

“Abeoji, it was all a misunderstanding, I~”

“Shut up. You cannot even solve your own problems and yet you love to meddle. Isn’t your husband enough trouble for you?” He snapped, Sekyung looked down.

“Apologize to your brother and his wife.” He ordered.

“And, if Rina doesn’t come back to us, stop calling me father.”

 

 

“A surprise? Why am I nervous?” Rina stood up when Mark came back, he was grinning as he stood before her.

You didn’t get me a yacht, right?” She asked.

Do you want one? I can~

No, no, no, that was a joke. I don’t want a yacht, Mark.” She shook her head, Mark smiled just a big ball of fur started running towards of them.

Oh my god.” Rina’s face brightened just as Mark picked up the four-legged fluff ball.

You were looking for a good breeder, right?” He chuckled just as Rina leaned over and took the Alaskan malamute pup from his arms.

I was..I was, but, did you go through my emails again?” She chuckled as she kissed the pup’s head.

No, I do listen when you rant my ears off.” Mark chuckled before handing her the leash.

I got him yesterday, I asked Jackson to take care of him for a bit before picking him up this morning.

Thank you, Mark.” Rina met his gaze, he shrugged at her.

“Just a little something to make you feel better.”

Rina smiled before setting down the puppy.

“This is not just something, Mark. I mean it, thank you.”

Mark took out something from his pocket, Rina paused as she saw the familiar jade box. Her thoughts went back to the time Mark’s grandmother and mother gave her pieces of the family jewelries.

Mark, we talked about this, I can’t accept~

Mark opened the box and shook his head.

I had this especially made, actually. You always said you didn’t like pearls, right?” He smiled as he tilted the box slightly, Rina looked at the South Sea pearls set in a white gold setting with small diamonds surrounding them.

But you’ve been wearing them a lot lately, and they look good on you, R.” He said softly.

So, can you take care of them for me?” Mark smiled, Rina bit her lip before taking the box from him.

Thank you, Tuan.” She nodded and looked away.

R?” Mark spoke, Rina met his gaze.

Can I ask you a favor?” He said.

Anything.” She nodded quickly, Mark gently cupped her left cheek before speaking.

Will you do that again?

What?” Rina grew confused.

When the time comes,” Mark studied her face before setting his hand down,

Choose me again.

Rina’s eyes widened.

Mark, I~

 

Mark smiled and pressed his lips against hers before walking back to the captain and the crew.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++