003

Never Ever

 

Senior Year, 20XX

 

 

Rina stood up; her uncle and aunt both had tears rolling down their cheeks.

“You all accuse me of something that I am allowed to. I don’t understand this family.” She spat.

“Rina,” Her father pleaded, even her grandmother had nothing to say.

“What now? You are allowed to be cranky and yell at others, while I can’t be angry and vent out my feelings on my own Twitter account?”

“You cursed your aunt.” Her uncle spoke, her lips quirked up.

“First of all, I never mentioned any names there, how sure are you that it was her or just some ty professor I encountered in school. Second, I don’t even need to explain to you, you’re not my father and it's my own private account. And how does it feel? Look at you, a forty year-old blatantly stalking on Twitter? Pathetic.”

The elder looked away, his forehead creased.

“Do you even know the stress my father undergoes because of her mistakes?”

“That pig was my father’s best friend, my father, your older brother blames himself over this, and now I see her,” She stabbed her finger towards her aunt’s direction.

“Still taking his side despite all that cheating, swindling and abuse he’s done to her. Who wouldn’t be mad at that? You don’t even help her out when she meets her lawyer.”

“And now, you’re accusing my parents of plotting to steal from the company? You are all cowards, you didn’t even tell halbae about this meeting.”

“Rina, please, sit down.” Her grandmother spoke.

“You even block me from entering the company.” She looked at her uncle. Both her uncle and aunt looked away, speechless.

“Well, remember this, I never volunteered to help out, abeoji requested me if I could.”

“But now, you all could go bankrupt and I would even bat an eye.”

“Lee Rina!” Her father warned.

“You all look down on my mother, but you’re forgetting one thing, her family is probably bigger than yours.”

“And, I’m sorry, halmae, but this will be the last time you’re seeing me in this house. I am sick of being part of this family.” She stated before turning her back on them and leaving the house.

 

 

 

 

Mark stepped out of the lecture hall with Jaebum.

“Why do you think she ditched class?” Jaebum queried.

“I don’t know, usually she would text if something came up.” Mark replied as he glanced at Rina’s desk briefly before closing the door behind him.

“I still have one class, see you later.” Jaebum patted his shoulder before jogging towards the stairs.

Mark made his way out of the building and started to walk towards the direction of the parking lot, and then he paused when he saw the familiar 1960 Toyota Land Cruiser parked beside his Lamborghini.

“Rina?” Mark muttered, he noticed that the engine was still running as he neared the car.

He was about to open the door when he saw Rina’s silhouette inside, she was hunched over the wheel. Mark panicked slightly and yanked the door open.

“Ya, Lee~” He halted when he saw the tears on her cheeks.

“..R,

Rina sat up and shook her head, she wiped her cheeks with the back of her palms and tried to pull the door, but Mark pulled back.

“Mark, I really need to be alone right now.” She stated without meeting his gaze.

Mark noticed how her fingers were shaking.

“Let me drive you then, I’ll back off.” Mark stated, Rina faced him, her lips were quivering.

“M—Mark, I~” She started sobbing, Mark just sighed and unfastened her seatbelt and lifted her down the SUV.

Hey, hey,” Mark spoke as he wrapped his arms around her, Rina just let her tears fall.

“It’s going to be fine, R. You’re safe here. “

 

 

 

Mark put his phone to his ear.

“Oh, oppa.” Haena answered.

“It’s Rina,” He spoke.

“I…Something’s wrong.” Mark stated, he glanced at Rina who was already seated with a cup of warm tea before her, he looked at the pastries displayed before him.

“Why? Is she okay?”

“She’s fine, she’s with me, but I think something happened between her and her family.”

“The Lees?” Haena halted.

“Yeah, can you come over? I’m worried she might break down.” Mark asked.

“Sure, I can, I just have one more class and I’m free. Call you later, oppa. Please take care of her for a bit.”

“Of course.” Mark said and put his phone back in his coat pocket.

He looked up and ordered the cakes he wanted and went back to his seat.

 

 

 

“What?!” Haena asked sharply, Mark looked down, even Jinyoung was baffled.

“It happened that way, I…lost it.” Rina said quietly.

“It has been going on for quite a while, I..I didn’t know this would happen.”

“How could he say that?” Haena snapped.

“Do you know who showed him my Twitter page?” She asked softly, there was something about her tone and the way she spoke that irked Mark. Something was off. This wasn't the Rina he was used to seeing. He had already seen her when she was mad or annoyed with someone, but now she seemed so calm, too calm, and it made him wonder what kind of thoughts were running in her head.

“Bona. She showed that uncle of mine everything. I can’t even tweet now, because she might hunt me down again and use it against me.” She said as she picked up her cup.

“Unnie, it’s only normal for us to curse, and, cousins usually have this unspoken pact of protecting each other, what the hell is wrong with that snake of a cousin of yours?”

“Haena,” Jinyoung placed one palm on her knee.

“They even think my parents want the company for themselves because appa suggested that my aunt transfer all her shares to Minhyuk, but he was only doing that so when the divorce papers finally arrive, her husband won’t be able to touch anything.” Rina said as she stirred the liquid on her mug.

“So, when things are finally settled, her shares will be safe from him.” Mark continued, Rina nodded.

“I’m done, so done with them.” She stated, Jinyoung frowned.

“Unnie, still, they’re your family.” Haena said quietly.

“I don’t care. I…just want them to suffer. That’s the only thing I can promise now.” She said as she stood up, she extended on palm to Mark.

“Give it, I feel better now.” She said, Mark slowly nodded and handed her the keys to her Land Cruiser.

“Unnie,” Haena stood up, Rina gave her a small sad smile.

“Let’s hang out soon.”

They watched as the blue SUV sped away from the shop, Jinyoung just shook his head.

“They better buckle up.” Haena sighed.

Mark looked at her questioningly.

“We all know how she is when gets angry, right? From what I see,” Haena said as she set down her fork and wiped the side of her lips.

 

 

“This is going to be really big.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++