028

Never Ever

 

 

“I heard about your encounter with Bona earlier.” Mark started as they stepped out of the building.

“She started it.” Rina said childishly while taking Mark’s hand, he grinned at her.

“Really? Did she?” Mark mused.

“Hey, are you okay?” Rina asked.

“What do you mean?” Mark replied, they reached his car and Rina turned to lean against it.

“I know Taeyong may have said some things to you.”

Mark paused, but he nodded.

“He did.”

Rina ran her fingers on her hair.

“Don’t believe him.I mean, he thinks that..”

“He wants you back, R. I know that.” Mark shrugged, Rina paused.

“And if you~”

“No,” Rina shook her head quickly.

“No ifs.” She finished, Mark blinked at her.

“We’re not getting back together, Mark. He was the one who left.”

Mark’s eyes widened, before he could speak,Rina’s phone started ringing.

“It’s the hospital.” She said as she stared at the screen.

 

 

Rina exited the elevator, she saw her aunts already standing outside her grandfather’s room.

“I’m not sure if I’m ready to face that.” She murmured, Mark just silently took her hand.

Rina then saw her uncle, his eyes were red and it looked he’d been crying.

“Crocodile tears.” Rina spat.

“Why would he cry? Halbae finally woke up, the doctor said we had nothing to worry about.”

“Rina,” Mark squeezed her hand, then the elder saw them, Rina tilted her head. Then Lee Cheonshik stood up and started to storm towards them.

“He’s worried, some Asian countries are still narrow minded with regards to the LGBTQ Community, and he doesn’t want this story to come out. But that’s not the point here, he stole from the company, he’s the thief.”

“Irina, please, now’s not a good time.”

“Ani, now’s the perfect time. As much as I love the LGBTQ Community, and I support them with all my heart, there’s one person I can’t forgive. And I don’t even care if he’s gay or straight. He needs to know how I feel and what I want to happen.”

Mark looked away just as her uncle stopped in front of them.

“Does this make you feel better?” He snapped.

“It does actually, nice to know that you are the thief and not me or my parents.”

Her uncle shook his head and grabbed her by the collar, Mark roughly pushed him back.

“Don’t touch her.” The Tuan heir snapped.

“You conniving ! We all know you just married your husband for money!” Lee Cheonshik bellowed, the other people looked at them.

Rina started to laugh.

“So, you want to announce just how much did you manage to juice out of your father’s company? And by juice out, I mean stole.”

“Stop denying it, Rina. We all know what you’re doing, it’s too obvious. You married this Tuan boy for money to get revenge for us!”

“True.” Rina replied, Mark stilled.

“This is my revenge for you, all of you. So stop using me as a cover up for all the magic that you’ve been doing.” She spat and looked at her aunts.

“But, do you really think I’d marry somebody just because of money? Do you think I’m like you? The type who’d do anything just to hold onto money?” She spat.

“Samonim,” Mark’s guards appeared and surrounded her.

“We all know that Taeyong is back, Rina. No need to hide things, you’ve been meeting him in secret.” Lee Cheonshik spat.

“You know what that doesn’t even matter anymore, because it’s not him. I didn’t choose him. Why does everyone keep on mentioning him?!”

“Rina, please,” Mark reached for her arm, but she shook him off.

“Of course, you’re just like your mom; you like luring guys in and just take a pick for later, right? And of course, you always go for the bigger fish.” Lee Cheonshik smirked, Mark’s fists curled.

The guards tensed as they notice how the look on Rina’s eyes changed.

“Yeah, did those stalkers you sent after me also mentioned that I chose my husband? Yeah, I chose Mark Tuan over Taeyong.”

“So, stop trying to use Taeyong against me, he’s not a weakness. Not anymore.”

Mark’s eyes went to her.

“LLG will be filing charges. See you in court, uncle.” She spat before turning away.

“Rina, wait.”

Rina paused and faced her uncle.

“Justice will be served, uncle. I’ll put it in a silver plate for you just like how you tried to stain me and my family.”

“Samonim~”

“Don’t follow me.” She stated before walking back towards the elevator.

 

 

“Samonim!”

Rina ignored the males as she strode towards the Maserati.

“Samonim!”

Mark stepped out of the building, and saw Rina slid inside the car.

“Let her go.” He spoke, the males nodded and quickly stepped back.

Mark saw Rina pause briefly; she turned and met his gaze. He gave her a small nod; Rina wiped her cheek before speeding away.

She leaned back on the seat and stepped on the gas.

“You know what that doesn’t even matter anymore, because it’s not him. I didn’t choose him. Why does everyone keep on mentioning him?!”

“Yeah, did those stalkers you sent after me also mentioned that I chose my husband? Yeah, I chose Mark Tuan over Taeyong.”

She let out a shaky breath before grabbing her phone and switching it off.

 

 

 

Rina leaned against the car’s hood and watched as the sun started to set, she wrapped her arms around herself and exhaled.

“For how long are you going to hide here?”

She turned, Jaebum was making his way to her, she saw his Land Rover parked a few meters away from them.

“How did you find me?”

“Come on, Lee Rina and her love for cliffs.” Jaebum pointed out and looked around the area, she shrugged.

“Leave me alone, Im Jaebum.”

“I got a call from a worried Haena, she was about to visit your grandfather when she saw you storming out of the hospital.”

Rina looked away.

“I..just spilled some things that should never come out.” She stated.

“Spilled what?” Jaebum stood next to her.

She didn't reply.

“Mark’s worried, you’ve been gone the whole afternoon, Irina.” Jaebum said lightly.

“Don’t call me that.” She flinched, Jaebum’s brows rose.

“What happened at the hospital?”

Rina crossed her arms, and looked at her shoes.

“Why can’t you just admit it, Rina?”

“Admit what?”

“That you love him.” Jaebum said simply, Rina shook her head.

“Yeah, sure. Just go straight to Mark and tell him I love him, the same Mark who just went ahead and married me because I needed help, the same Mark who bought LLG for me so I could finish this vendetta of mine.”

“You don’t~”

“No, you don’t get it, Jaebum. We both know Mark, we both know how he is!” Rina ran her hands in her hair.

“If I tell him this, what do you think he’ll do?” She faced her friend, Jaebum shook his head.

“If I tell him this, then that’s me finally tying him down. If I tell him this, he’d feel responsible. He’d feel that he has to really take me in. Then what would happen?”

“Rina, it’s not like that. Mark never thought like that, he just~”

“I’ve already taken enough; it’s time I let him go. I won’t tie him down to me, I can’t do that.” Rina said before going to the driver’s seat.

“At least, go home tonight, Rina. Stop hiding.” Jaebum pleaded, Rina looked at him.

“Just go home, okay? He’s worried.”

 

She just looked at him briefly before sliding in the car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++