024

Never Ever

 

 

“T—Taeyong-ah,” Rina’s eyes widened, Mark looked at the younger male.

“I’ve been trying to call you, but you never seem to answer.” Taeyong spoke.

Mark watched how Rina set her utensils down.

“Taeyong, not here, please.” She stated, Taeyong looked around them, the cafeteria was filled with employees.

“Why? You haven’t told him yet?” Taeyong smirked, Rina looked away and she stood up.

“Come with me.” She muttered, but Taeyong faced Mark again.

“I want her back.”

Rina halted, Mark set his utensils down, before he could react Rina spoke.

“I’ll see you at home, dinner?” She asked, Mark met her gaze.

Sure.” He nodded, Rina smiled, she glanced around before leaning over to kiss his cheek. She stepped away from the table, not bothering to check on Taeyong.

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” The younger male asked tauntingly.

“Because she didn’t choose you yet.” Mark met his gaze evenly, Taeyong shook his head.

“She will choose me.”

 

 

“What is wrong with you, Lee Taeyong?!” Rina sighed as they reached her office.

“I already told you, noona.”

“Do I really need to drop more hints? Do I have to say it loudly for you to understand?”

“Why are you angry?” Taeyong looked at her.

“You…You just pop out of nowhere, saying things that could damage not only me, but Mark in his very company!” Rina shook her head.

“Isn’t that all what this is? You already got what you want, noona. Leave him.”

“Am I not obvious enough?” Rina faced him, Taeyong’s brows met briefly.

“It’s not you. Not anymore.”

“Noona,~”

“You were the one who left, Taeyong. You made me give up on you, so don’t start causing trouble now that I’ve moved on.”

Taeyong paused.

“Moved on?” He echoed. Rina picked up her purse from her desk.

“Just leave. There’s no us that you can come back to.” She stated before walking to the doors and stepping out of the office.

 

 

Rina arrived at the lobby and found her two guards waiting; one was carrying a black paper bag.

“What’s that?” She asked as they followed her to doors.

“Vice president handed this earlier.”

She took the bag and peeked at the contents, her brows met briefly. It was a pair of sneakers.

“He said you would need it this afternoon since we’re heading to the farm.”

Rina looked at the pair of Valentino heels she was wearing; she ran one hand through her dark locks and exhaled.

“Where is he now?” She asked as they stepped out of the building, her black Land Cruiser rolled in.

“He left for a meeting; he says he’ll be back for dinner, ma’am.”

She nodded and just climbed in the SUV.

 

 

“What? Taeyong?” Jinyoung looked up, his friend shrugged from the couch.

“I knew something was up when she came to me…grumbling about him, I just..didn’t know,” Mark trailed off.

“You didn’t know that he’d come back to his senses and realized that what he just let go of a person like Rina?”

Mark didn’t reply.

“What’s holding you back, hyung?” Jinyoung sighed.

“I don’t want to add to her plate of problems right now. She has so much in her mind…I just don’t want to be a burden.”

“You? A burden?” Jinyoung shook his head.

“She’d do anything for you, Mark Tuan. Why can’t you see that?”

“But I’m just Mark Tuan to her, a friend, the friend who married her to use her as an escape.”

“We all know it wasn’t just that.” Jinyoung spoke.

“But have you ever asked her that? If you were really just Mark Tuan to her?”

“I don’t need to. Taeyong’s presence answers that for me.”

“Hyung, we don’t know whether those two are getting back together. And there’s a possibility that they wont.”

“He’s always around her, Jinyoung-ah. And when he left, you didn’t see how broken she’s become.”

“That was years ago, hyung. Now~”

“She mentioned divorce, okay? Right after he arrived, Rina talks about divorce.”

“Hyung~”

“Nothing can solve this.” Mark said before standing up.

“Hyung, maybe~”

Mark just closed the doors behind him.

 

“This is worse than my Mario Badescu episode.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today :>