023

Never Ever

 

Rina studied the message on her phone before setting it down; she looked at three cars before her. In contrast to Mark’s collection of sports cars and high-end SUVs, she had three 1960 Land Cruisers and a Toyota Tundra pickup truck.

“I should drop by the farm soon.” She mumbled to herself, she walked to her blue Land Cruiser and got in the front seat. She leaned back on the seat and closed her eyes.

Mark made his way out of the building and started to walk towards the direction of the parking lot, and then he paused when he saw the familiar 1960 Toyota Land Cruiser parked beside his Lamborghini.

“Rina?” Mark muttered, he noticed that the engine was still running as he neared the car.

He was about to open the door when he saw Rina’s silhouette inside, she was hunched over the wheel. Mark panicked slightly and yanked the door open.

“Ya, Lee~” He halted when he saw the tears on her cheeks.

“..R,”

Rina sat up and shook her head, she wiped her cheeks with the back of her palms and tried to pull the door, but Mark pulled back.

“Mark, I really need to be alone right now.” She stated without meeting his gaze.

Mark noticed how her fingers were shaking.

“Let me drive you then, I’ll back off.” Mark stated, Rina faced him, her lips were quivering.

“M—Mark, I~” She started sobbing, Mark just sighed and unfastened her seatbelt and lifted her down the SUV.

“Hey, hey,” Mark spoke as he wrapped his arms around him; Rina just let her tears fall.

“It’s going to be fine, R. You’re safe here. “

Rina shook her head and smiled to herself.

“You were right. I am safe now, all because of you.” She whispered, and then she heard the doors slid open, Mark was looking at her with a big bowl of spaghetti in hand. She grinned before sliding down the car.

“Are you brooding now, Mrs. Tuan?” He mused as she reached him; Rina chuckled and just followed him back to the house.

“Can I do that?” She chuckled.

“No, I like it better when you smile.” Mark stated before pushing the door for her, Rina just stepped in the house, she watched as Mark walked to the kitchen to join their friends.

You make me nervous, Tuan…and that….that scares me.

 

 

 

“Why do I start to feel regret?” Rina questioned as they pulled over in front of LLG’s main office, her bodyguard offered her a smile.

“Oppa, a smile wont help.” She replied.

The two males were nervous when they were assigned to her, but they realized that the young samonim was a little different from the others. She was actually easy to get along with. She even called them “oppa”.

“I’m sure things will go well, Mrs. Tuan. Would you like to come down now?”

“I should have asked Mark to come with me.” She mumbled darkly before giving him a nod.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Tuan sent for his brother. He will be here soon.” He whispered as Rina slid down from the car.

 

 

 

“What is this all about?” Bona asked her uncle as she sat down beside him. Directors and managers from different departments were all called to the conference room.

“I don’t know. Even manager Song didn’t hear anything.”

“It can’t be Mark, right?” Sekyung asked her brother.

“I don’t know. He can be a little unpredictable.” Cheonshik murmured, then the doors slid opened.

Rina strolled in, clad in a black dress that reached her knees matched with a pair of Gucci heels.

“It’s Rina.” Mira gasped. All the directors stood up as she arrived, Bona swallowed. Despite all the hate she had for her cousin, nobody would deny that Rina was a force to reckoned with and she can wreak as much havoc as she can.

“I’m sorry for calling all of you here in such short notice. I just received the announcement myself.” She said with a friendly smile.

“Rina, long time no see.” One of the elderly directors greeted her.

“How have you been, samchon? Is your back better now?” She spoke.

“Why don’t we skip niceties and tell us why you’re here?” Cheonshik spoke, Rina looked up and met his gaze evenly.

“Tuan Group and its board of directors have seen me fit enough to lead LLG.”

Most of the directors smiled and congratulated her, while her relatives all stared at each other.

“This is unfair, you’re married to vice president of Tuan Group!” Bona stood up.

“It wasn’t my brother’s vote to assign her here, it was mine.” A male strolled in, the room grew silent.

“This is Director Joey Tuan, my brother-in-law. He has also been assigned here. Since we all know I’m better working at the field than being in an actual office.” She nodded, she met eyes with Cheonshik and she stared at him challengingly.

“You~”

“Director Tuan will be assigned here, while I oversee the physical plants and farms, thank you for welcoming me warmly.” She gave them a polite bow before stepping away.

How was it?” Joey asked quietly as they walked out of the room.

“Lee Rina!”

They both paused; her two guards were standing between them and her uncle.

“It’s okay, move.” She said calmly, her guards moved.

“You are overdoing it, you just told the whole board that we’re nothing.”

“You are nothing.” She nodded.

“I wont let you do this.” He spat.

“Someone like you, self-centered, greedy, you are just like your mother. You act nice first and then~”

“I’m sorry, but I wont let you speak to my sister-in-law that way.” Joey stated flatly.

“Joey,” Rina pulled him back.

“Infuriating me wont help, uncle. I might just really buy out all of your remaining shares and donate it to the public.” She met his gaze evenly; she could see how he panicked.

“So, stop doing this. You don’t scare me. Not anymore.”

“You? When will you stop?” He challenged, Rina smirked.

“As soon as I purge this company of your dirt.”

 

 

“You are my favorite Tuan now.” Rina grinned as they entered Tuan Group’s building, she looped her arm around his.

Jie, don’t do this. I don’t want to die early.” Joey shook her head, she chuckled.

I’m going to grab lunch, see you later, Joe.

Uhm, jie, just a heads up,” Joey stopped her.

What?

Nai nai and the parents might visit soon.” He said, she nodded.

Thanks. At least I get to taste nai nai’s cooking again.” She said before walking towards the direction of the company cafeteria. He saw as she picked up her own tray and queued along with the other employees, some even let her go ahead, but she refused.

My brother did marry the right woman.” Joey mused before going to the elevator.

 

 

“Can you guys drive me there? I don’t want to use Mark’s car though. We’ll be using mine.” She asked as she picked up her chopsticks.

“Yes, that will be no problem, ma’am.”

“You guys should go eat too.” She nodded at their trays, the two were seated across her.

“But, samonim, eating with~”

“What did you say?” She looked up from her bowl.

“I mean, Mrs. Tuan, we can just eat~”

“Stop giving them a hard time, Irina. Let them go.” Mark said as he sauntered over to their table with his own tray of cafeteria food. The guards nodded gratefully before quickly vacating the seats across their boss.

How did it go?” Mark asked as he sat down across her, not minding the people who were looking at them admiringly.

“Thanks for sending Joey.” She smiled before placing the meat from her tray on his and grabbing his soup.

“Why are you not eating?” Mark blinked.

“I don’t feel like it.” She said as she chewed on some kimchi.

“Look, R.” Mark tried to reach for her hand.

You both told me what you were about to do, she just didn’t like how you transferred a number of your shares in Tuan Group to her, so, she told me to keep it a secret until…

Until when?

Your divorce.

Mark paused, his hand hovered over hers, his brows furrowed.

“What?” Rina looked up and she just took his hand in hers and shook it.

“Nothing.” Mark nodded, he looked at her hand and noticed the ring on her finger.

“I’m driving out of town this afternoon.” Rina stated as she forked through her rice.

“Farm?” Mark asked, she nodded.

“Mark,”

Mark looked at her.

“What should I do?” She asked softly, Mark paused, something was wrong.

“Earlier at the meeting, abeoji didn’t come, he wouldn’t even pick up my calls.”

“I’m…I think he’s mad at me.” She trailed off.

“Because of the company?”

“He asked me to stop, Mark. And look at what I’m doing.” She said, she let go of his hand and looked around them.

“Hey, if you want to, we can.”

“But I’m not done yet.” She murmured, Mark sighed and just transferred to seat next to her.

“Rina,”

“But I can’t stop now. I found something.”

Mark paused.

“Lee Cheonshik has been stealing funds from the company; it’s been going on for five years now.”

“What?”

“He’s even using some of the money to support his boyfriend who’s studying in France, but here’s the catch.” Rina faced him.

“This guy got married last year and now has a family, but my uncle doesn’t know anything about it. So, he’s still blindly sending money over to him.”

“Rina, how did you~”

“Your bodyguard oppas are quite useful, they hacked into his emails.” She chuckled heartily.

“One time she’s all worried now, she’s happy.” Mark mused.

“I’ll deal with my father later; I know he’s not in the mood to see me.” She muttered.

“So, I don’t know what to do with this information. It’s kinda sensitive.”

“He’s stealing from the company, R. It’s time he cleans up.”

“After the clean-up, Mark..I want to..” She looked up to meet his gaze.

Mark felt himself tense, they never spoke about what happens after. What happens after her revenge, and that scared him.

“I want to~”

 

 

“Say it, noona. That you want to leave him.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++