010

Never Ever

 

A party? Rina asked as they got in the car.

“It’s this weekend, TG’s anniversary.”

“Sounds fancy.” She smiled and opened the envelope on her lap, Mark started the car’s engine and looked at her.

“Your projects have been green lighted, R. Congratulations.” He said as they drove away from LLG.

“I heard, did you see the proposal?” She asked as she checked her make up.

“I did, you’re better than this than I am, wife.” Mark mused as they pulled to a stop.

“I try not to make it too obvious,” She stated.

“What?”

“That I’m relying on you.” She mused, Mark grinned and just took her hand in his as the car started to move forward.

“I’m sure your halbae will understand. He loves you.” Mark smiled, his other hand on the wheel.

“I hate hurting him, Mark. I don’t like lying to him.”

“R, if you want to stop, you can.” Mark glanced at her briefly.

She shook her head.

“Never.” She whispered.

“They just gave me more reason to do it, they’ve been keeping him in the dark for so long. I should thank them for reminding me that.” She shook her head; Mark just nodded and kissed the back of her hand before letting go.

 

 

Minhyuk stood up from his desk after receiving a call from his mother, he made his way out of his office. He was a little confused, his mother sounded hysterical over the phone.

He got in the elevator and checked his phone.

His brows met briefly as his thoughts went to Rina. Truthfully, he had no idea that the elders would try to remove her, he never saw her as a threat. Rina was like a sister to him, growing up they had always been close and knew each other’s quirks and secrets.

He arrived at the top floor and made his way towards his mother’s office.

“What is it, eomma?” He questioned as he got in the room.

“That.” She pointed towards the letter on her mahogany table.

Minhyuk walked to her and picked it up.

“This...?”

“Your aunt Ahee and Sekyung received the same letters,”

Minhyuk scanned the documents, they all looked legitimate in his eyes.

“Someone is trying to bleed us out.”

“But, eomma, sales have been doing well.”

“Yes, but our suppliers and distributors are all pulling out.” She rubbed her temples.

“Even with the other departments?” He asked.

“The same thing is happening. We’re being bled out.”

 

 

Mark slid down from the car and watched as Rina excitedly approached the shabby looking seafood place.

His phone started to ring, he picked it up.

“Sir, we’ve already started.”

“Arasso, call me if anything comes up.” Mark nodded before putting the phone down.

He followed her, feeling a little uncomfortable with the chilly sea breeze around him.

“What are we having?” Mark asked as he joined her at the table, Rina was already wiping their chopsticks with a wet wipe.

“Oysters, tuna and I ordered jjampong.”

“Spoken like a true expert.” He grinned at her.

She chuckled and handed him his utensils just as their side dishes arrived.

“How’s work for you,Tuan?” She asked him as he started to eat.

“I’m starting question why we entered the banking business.” Mark replied, she grinned at him.

“I...peeked at the files at your desk,” She said. Mark nodded.

“What do you think?” He asked her.

“It might not be so bad to actually visit Tuan Banking from time to time, it’s doing well, if we’re talking about profit, but most banks right now are all about innovation. We need something new for Tuan Banking.” She pointed out as she chewed on some pickled radish.

Mark watched her as she ate heartily, their food had arrived and Rina looked better now.

“What is it? You’re staring.” She looked at him, Mark just wiped the bits of sauce from the side of her lip.

“Ya, we don’t have to pretend here. No one’s around.” She pointed out, Mark just chuckled. Rina grinned before picking up a piece of oyster and feeding to him.

Beautiful, just what I need.

 

 

 

“Look, this is my creation!” Jackson presented with both hands as the couple stepped in the living room, the friends had gathered at Jaebum’s for dinner.

Haena grinned before running to her cousin to give her a hug.

“I miss you too, Haena.” Rina chuckled as the girl let go.

“I saw the news,” She started as she pulled Rina to the couch, she glanced at Mark, he was already being tackled by Jaebum and Jackson.

“Hi, cinnamon roll.” Jinyoung waved at her.

“What did you see?” She asked as she plopped down beside Jinyoung.

“LLG’s stock price plummeted to the ground.”

Rina nodded and crossed her arms.

“Aigoo, good job, princess.” Jackson cooed and just cupped her cheeks.

 

 

 

“You’re letting her do everything.” Jaebum said as they stepped out of the house, Mark set down his glass and nodded.

“Without her, I wouldn’t have been able to do things that I want to.”

“Your nai nai just wanted the best for you, that’s why~”

“She was forcing me to marry Bona.” Mark stated.

“Mark, you never said anything during that time. I’m sure she would have listened to you.”

“I know that, but the girl I like never looks at me.” Mark moved forwards and leaned against the glass railings.

Jaebum paused.

“But you have her now.”

“I don’t. Legally, I do, but…we both know I don’t have her heart.” Mark faced him.

“But, what if~”

The doors suddenly slid open, a smiling Rina appeared and she hopped to them. Jaebum shook his head.

“You two are always so intense.” She smiled before walking to Mark and wrapping one arm around his waist.

“We try to remain sane as possible, we have Jackson as a friend, remember?” Jaebum mused at her.

She chuckled and just tiptoed to take a sip from Mark’s glass, then she grimaced.

He chuckled and pulled his glass away.

Jaebum smiled to himself.

“Right, Im Jaebum, I have that fundraiser in two days, please show up.” She said.

“Yes, yes, cinnamon roll.” Jaebum replied.

Are we staying out late? I have some things I need to finish at home.” She asked Mark.

We can go early, maybe in a few minutes?” Mark asked her, she nodded before letting go.

They both watched as she padded back towards the living room and joined the other three.

“Hyung, I don’t think so.” Jaebum spoke, Mark looked at him.

“What?”

It’s not that you don’t have her. You do have her; she just doesn’t know it yet.

 

 

 

“This is probably our first public appearance since the wedding.” Mark spoke as they pulled over in front of the glass pavilion. Rina looked at the window, guests had already arrived and there were a few reporters waiting by the sidelines.

“It’s a start then, of our romance.” She mused before opening the door, Mark nodded and followed her.

In an instant they could feel all the eyes on them, Mark glanced at his wife briefly, she already had a smile on her face.

Here we go.” Mark smiled before kissing the side of her cheek and pulled her with him.

“Oh, director Song!” Rina spoke and let go Mark’s arm as they entered the hall, he followed her gaze and saw a middle-aged man walking towards her.

“It’s nice of you to come, director, and vice president.”

“I asked you to just call me Rina,” She chided playfully, the elder chuckled and just patted her hand, Mark smiled.

This was the other side of Rina that not everyone knew, she may appear cold and rash sometimes, but she knew how to get along with people.

“And you can call me by my name too, director.” Mark offered his hand to him.

“We meet again, Mr. Tuan,” He nodded and took his hand.

“Director Song, you’ll help my husband with the board right? They’re being a little difficult him.” Rina said playfully.

“Did you just purposely befriended me for that reason, director Tuan?” He mused, Rina chuckled.

“It could be that or we just really get along.” She winked, the elder chuckled.

“Arasso, I’ll talk to them. You two enjoy the party, Mr. Tuan has to deliver his speech for the guests too.” He patted Mark’s shoulder before moving on. Rina grinned at him.

“Ya, wasn’t that director Song Jinguk, from~”

“Yes, that was him.”

“I heard he’s very strict and can..be mean, how did you befriend him?” Mark grew confused.

“When I was younger, he used to come over at the farm, the piggery, and chat with halbae. That’s how I know him.”

“Aigoo, our farm girl made a lot of friends.” Mark grinned and placed one hand on the small of her back.

“Don’t start.” She mused, then before she could move, a familiar male was looking at them.

Mark followed her gaze and paused, she felt Rina tense underneath his palm.

“Rina, my niece.” Lee Cheonshik smiled and walked towards them.

“Uncle,” Rina responded, she had a small smile on her face as the elder reached them, he paused, expecting for her to greet him, but nothing came.

“I would like extend my congratulations to your company.” He offered his hand to Mark.

“Thank you.” Mark replied and shook the man’s hand, Rina searched for Mark’s other hand, he gently took hers in his.

“And, welcome back, Rina.” He smiled at her.

“Yes, I can’t wait for all the surprises to come now that I’m back.” She chuckled, Mark glanced at her briefly.

“Yes, you already gave us one, not choosing to join us.” Cheonshik replied, his voice filled with venom.

“Uncle, let’s face it, LLG is nothing compare to Tuan Group, meaning,” She saw the twitch in her uncle’s jaw.

“They need more hands, I’m sure you can manage LLG like you always have and you always wanted.” She mused.

“Rina, the way you’re saying it~”

“Secretary Ji? You can show my uncle around, we’re done talking.” Rina glanced behind her, Mark’s secretary moved forward.

“Sir, this way,” He said politely.

Lee Cheonshik looked at her, his eyes sharp and piercing.

“Oh, what a twist of events, you being pushed away, just like how you did to my family.” She chuckled heartily.

Mark squeezed her hand softly.

“See you then, Mr. Lee.” She stated before turning away from him.

“You’re surprisingly petty, Rina.” He spat.

“Careful, it’s a Tuan party and I’m a Tuan.” She winked at him before following Mark to their table.

 

 

Welcome to chapter one, uncle.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++