Nice to Meet You

Marry or Merry?
Please log in to read the full chapter

A.N: I'm so sorry for taking this too long. As I haven't finish with the story, I decided to divide into two parts. So, enjoy reading :)

Btw, all places mentioned are fictional.

 

 

Yeseul thought she wasn't that nervous but her body showed otherwise. Since she took a seat in her respective cabin, she kept her lips, her fingers began to count for nothing and her feet kept tapping. Luckily nobody was there except her because if there was anyone there, he would be annoyed with Yeseul.

Yeseul began to regret, but at the same time she felt so lucky. She never imagined herself being in the most expensive cabin in a train (to be exact, steam locomotive) which was bounded to the next town, five hours away from there. To be exact, she never took a train to anywhere and hardly able to leave her duty as a maid at Kim's mansion at Yoshim. She and her family never left Kim's mansion for a long time. Her time away was just enough to buy some food supplies for the banquet. Plus, they practically lived in the workers' lodge, which was located right behind the main building of Kim's mansion.

On that moment, not only she was able to ride a train and being in the most expensive cabin, she could wear a beautiful gown which she couldn't afford if she worked at the Kim's mansion in her whole life. No, beautiful wasn't the right word, the gown was gorgeous, making people turned to look her twice as she looked incrediblely glorious. Most of people there were coming from the middle class range, not from the high class society. So, no wonder people would look at her in awe as she dressed differently than others. She felt so relieved that less high class people were there, so she could about the most dangerous question - which family you come from?

Her country was a century behind, where people were wearing like in Victorian era even though most of them were Korean descendents. Because of the older generation received the culture from the west, most of them chose not to make changes especially things related about society, fashion and politics. Her country was ruled by a king, fortunately a king who cared about his people, and his prince also famous for always doing charity. Even though the gap between classes was huge, as long as they lived peaceful and happily, nobody wanted to change anything.

Her country was still a conservative country, whereby the women must walked one step behind the men and couldn't interrupt in any conversation. They also needed to dress modestly yet elegant, couldn't wear anything exposing at all. Because of that, most of them wore a long dress and sometimes combined with a small scarf. Usually the people from the lowest class and middle class didn't wear anything fancy and colorful. They wouldn't wear any make up at all even though the make up wasn't an expensive thing worldwide anymore. They prefered anything natural and blend into the society unlike the high class people. Most of the high class people would wear lots of accesories, not only because they could afford to have them, but to show what class they were. Plus, anything that made them standing out would be their favorable things.

Yeseul came from the middle class. Because of she wasn't coming from the high class, she didn't have family name, same goes to other middle class people. Her family had served for the Kim’s family for many generations, making them the oldest family who served for the Kim. Her family was respected by many people among their society and even the Kim’s family. Due to long service to their family, the Kim’s family treated them extra well and quite close to them.

Their closeness became one of the reasons why Yeseul accepted Kim Soo Jung's — the first daughter of the Kim’s family — request. Kim Soo Jung and her have close , making them growing up together. Since Yeseul was older by a year, Yeseul always took care of her and played together every time. As she was a kid, she didn't have to do any work forthe Kim’s family until she was 15 years old. Since young, both of them were inseparable, especially after Yeseul was pointed to be Kim Soo Jung's personal maid.

Between both of them, there would be no secret. Yeseul knew almost every thing about Kim Soo Jung, so did the younger one. Kim Soo Jung was always feeling in debt with Yeseul, after Yeseul always came to rescue her every time she had trouble or made problem. Plus, Yeseul always helped her to disguise and sneak out to the town which was her favorite hobby. Plus, Kim Soo Jung always thought that Yeseul as her own sister.

Because of their closeness and also duty to the young mistress of the Kim’s family, Yeseul found that she couldn't reject to Kim Soo Jung's request — pretending to be her and met with her arranged marriage partner. Kim Soo Jung never met with her partner, but they communicated each other quite frequent through letters. Her future husband who named as Kim Taehyung is the eldest son of the Kim’s family from the neighbouring town, Yongyeong.

Kim Taehyung never address Kim Soo Jung with any lovable name, but throught out all his letters, both of them knew (Yeseul read the letters too) that he seemed a nice and cool guy. As both of them never met with each other, Kim Soo Jung and Yeseul did some investigation on him. They asked around at their own town, meeting with travellers and merchants from Yongyeong about Kim Taehyung. Most of them would tell that he is a good man but unfortunately they only heard the rumors and never met that person. Some of them said that Kim Taehyung is a bald and fat man, but he loved to do charity secretly, so he's a good man, indeed.

And because of that, Kim Soo Jung was a little paranoid with Kim Taehyung. She wasn't a type of person who would judge people by their appearances, but she was afraid that Kim Taehyung wasn't lived up the rumour — being a nice person. And also, she wanted to know whether Kim Taehyung guy was a judgemental person or not.

So, she decided to send Yeseul instead.

Comparing to her, Yeseul was a little bit less beautiful, but if you want to know how pretty Yeseul was, she was on par with Yoona SNSD. Kim Soo Jung didn't hide about their mission and her father just let her to do what ever she wanted. So, with the helps from all maids, they could transform Yeseul completely. And with gorgeous gown and minimal make up, she was presentable enough and could deceive people about her class in society.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter