Chapter 6

Memory Lane: Maybe It's Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wait…what? Did I miss something? I thought for sure we had a connection. No we definitely have a connection, there’s something here. Then what am I hearing right now?

“Tzuyu? Are you ok?”

“Huh? Oh yeah, you need some time to think about it? Umm ok.. that’s fine.”

“Are you sure?  It’s not that I don’t like you.  I’m just trying to sort out my feelings right now.”

I’m so confused. What does she need to sort out? I mean she’s not exactly rejecting me right? So what’s stopping her? Is there someone else? I don’t have the courage to ask.

“Yeah ok, that’s fine.” That’s all I could muster out in my confusion.

“Thank you Tzuyu. Maybe I’ll text you later ok?”

“Yeah sure.”

I walk back to school ,where Dahyun was waiting, going through the situation over and over in my head. I feel weird. I wasn’t rejected, but I wasn’t accepted either. I don’t know how to feel right now.

“Tzuyu! Where’s Chaeyoung?”

It’s Dahyun. I didn’t even realize that I was back. I was so out of it.

“She went home.”

“Oh no, you were able to do it this time right?”

“Yeah I did, but…”

“SHE DIDN’T REJECT YOU DID SHE? IF SHE DID I’LL -”

“No no, she didn’t reject me, but she said she needed time to think.”

“Oh. I don’t what to say.”

“Yeah, how do you think I feel?”

“Oh of course, I’m sorry. Hey, wanna go get some food to get your mind off things?”

“It’s fine. Actually Dahyun, I’m going to go home now.”

“Ok I get it. If you want to hang out just let me know ok?”

“Yeah of course. Thanks.”

Vacation once again seems to last forever. I waited forever to get that text from Chaeyoung. I would text her and ask her if she’s done figuring out her feelings, but I never got an answer.

“Maybe she’s not done yet.” I thought. “Maybe she needs some more time. I’ll give her all the time she needs.”

I waited. I waited for Chaeyoung’s answer for as long as I could. Then one day…

Bzz~

“Hey Tzuyu!”

It was Chaeyoung! Finally!

“Chaeyoung! I’ve been trying to talk to you for weeks! Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m ok. I’m sorry I couldn’t reply to your texts before now, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I’ve been busy doing other things.”

“Other things? Like what?”

“Well do you know Myoui Mina? I think you know her? Well I’ve been talking to her a lot, she’s really cool!”

Myoui Mina? I knew who she was. She was this really pretty Japanese girl in my class. We never really had much conver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter