Chapter 10

Memory Lane: Maybe It's Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s a surprise!” Sana says with excitement.

Suddenly my energy drops down and my smile disappears.

“Sana I hate surprises.” I say with a stern face. “I like to know where I’m going, so I can prepare things beforehand. Can’t you just tell me where we’re going? Please?”

“No way! That takes all the fun away. I’ll tell you this, wear comfortable clothes, and bring a swimsuit.” She giggles.

“A swimsuit? Are we going to the beach or something? And how comfortable are we talking about?” I start getting curious.

“Hmm comfortable enough to hike in! And that’s all I’m going to tell you!”

“Ugh Sana please! Just tell me where you’re taking me I’m begging you!”

“Nope! Text me your address and I’ll pick you up tomorrow around three maybe?”

“Three? Why so early? How long do you plan on having me out? Also, since when did you have a car?”

“You ask too many questions Tzuyu! Just relax and let me take care of you my little princess.” She winks and kisses me on the cheek.

“Sana! We’re still at school, there are people around!” I yell out all flustered.

“Good! Now everyone knows you’re mine, and only mine. I’m going to head home now, I’ll see you tomorrow Tzuyu! Remember swimsuit!”

How can she just yell out this stuff without a care in the world? The next day I wait patiently outside my house for Sana. She comes around my driveway around three, right on time. She gets out of the car and opens the door for me.

“Your carriage awaits milady.”

“Why thank you.” I reply with a smile. I didn’t expect her to actually open the door for me.

Sana starts driving and she is playing music and singing along. I can’t help but get caught up in her energy and start singing along to Bruno Mars with her. The song finishes and I grab her phone and pause the next song before it plays.

“Hey! What are you doing!?”

“We’re not singing anymore unless you tell me where we’re going.”

“Ok fine. We’re going hiking on this trail that leads to the beach. That’s why I told you to bring a swimsuit too.”

“Where are we going hiking? I’ve never heard of a trail that leads to the beach around here.”

“Very few people know about it. I heard about it from one of my friends. They told me that the view around there is absolutely breathtaking around sundown.”

“Wait, have you never been to this place before?”

“Nope! It should be perfect since not many people know about this spot so we should practically be alone for the day, and even if there are some people there shouldn’t be too many. I thought it would be a good experience for us to share together.”

She looks in my direction and smiles, and my heart beats fast and I get flustered and blush.

“Focus on the road Sana!” I tell her this mainly, because I don’t want to crash, but also because I would die if she kept smiling at me like that. If she didn’t put her focus back on the road I was doomed either way. Oh man, maybe I do like Sana more than I realize after all.

“We’re here!” Sana yells out.

I look out the outside I see green hills stretching for miles.

“I thought you said this leads to the beach?”

“It does! You have to go hiking quite a bit before you get to the beach. That’s why I told you to wear comfortable clothing.”

Fifteen minutes into our hike, and the sun is beating down on us like crazy. I felt like I was getting roasted alive, while Sana was practically sprinting up the hills with ease. How can she have so much energy all the time?

“Hurry up slowpoke! Am I going to have to carry you grandma?” She laughs aloud.

“Shut up! How much longer are you going to torture me for?” I wheeze out.

“We’re almost there! Five more minutes I promise!”

Five minutes!? I don’t think I can last even five more seconds in this scorching heat, when suddenly almost as if on cue a breeze blows through and I sit down on the ground to appreciate the life saving gust of wind.

“Tzuyu! Get off your lazy! The beach is just over this hill look!” Sana yells out as she is way ahead of me at this point.

I look up at the hill and I have to cover my eyes because the sun is blocking my view. My vision adjusts and I can see Sana standing atop the hill with her ponytail blowing in the wind. I can see her purple highlights gleaming in the sunlight and she stands up there like a superhero. I honestly wish she would just swoop down like a real hero and pick me up and take me to the beach so I don’t have to walk anymore.

“Hey! I didn’t know you were this out of shape Tzuyu, you need to study a little less and work out a little more! Here I’ll pick you up and we can go the rest of the way together.”

Did she read my mind or something? Well regardless of what happened I’m glad she came to my rescue. We reach the top of the hill and I’m awestruck. At the top of the hill you could see the miles of green grass slowly transform into white sparkling sand.

“You weren’t kidding there really is a beach over here.”

“Of course I wasn’t kidding. I wouldn’t lie to you Tzuyu.”

“It’s beautiful here, and the breeze feels so nice.”

“Yeah, this is my first time here too. I had some high expectations, but this view sure surpassed everything I had in mind.”

“Your friend sure knows how to pick their spots.”

“Yupp haha I’m glad they told me about this place.”

I wonder if I know Sana’s friend who told her about this. I sure would love to find out how they came across such a beautiful sight. But before I could ask Sana she runs to the beach with our stuff yelling down the hill and laughing. I can just ask her later. As I walk down the hill I notice that there were a few people on this beach. So it wasn’t totally hidden from the rest of the world, but the amount of people here compared to this huge beach was so little it almost didn’t matter if they were here or not. I catch up to Sana who found a good spot to stay at under some trees. I grab my bag and look for a place to change. I realize that this place has no changing rooms present, which makes sense because there are hardly enough people around to justify building any. I find this huge boulder a few feet away and decide to hide over there to change.

“I’m going to change by that boulder over there Sana. I’ll be right back.”

“Oh do you want me to help you?” She says with a smirk.

“No please don’t.” I look at her with a very serious face.

“Haha I was only kidding…sort of.” She says sounding almost disappointed.

I take out my swimsuit and change as quickly as I can because for some reason I can’t shake the feeling that Sana would totally try to steal a peek. After I go around the rock and I notice Sana changed as well. It may be only a little but there are still other people on this beach, did she not care if anyone saw her!?

“How could you just change out here in the open Sana!?” I say shocked.

“Oh relax Tzuyu, I had these on under my clothes the whole time.”

“Oh…ok my bad.”

Sana raises her eyebrows and laughs.

“Were you thinking about me changing Tzuyu? Were you imagining me you dirty girl?” She says laughing.

“No I wasn’t, I was just worried some ert would do something is all.”

I take a look at Sana, and I realize what she’s wearing really suits her body well. It makes me feel a little jealous because my swimsuit is really simple and I got it so long ago, and only because it was on sale. I haven’t gotten a new one recently because I don’t go to the beach that often. I can’t help but keep looking at Sana over and over no matter how hard I try. Sana walks closer to me and whispers in my ear.

“You’re imagining me now aren’t you Tzuyu?” She says as she giggles.

I blush and stutter, “WH…WHAT N…NO! SHU…SHUT UP SANA!”

I run over to the water to hide my embarrassment. The water was cool but not too cold that I had to run back out onto the beach.

“BOOM! SANA USED TACKLE!”

Sana jumps on top of me and we both fall in the water and start laughing and throwing water at each other’s faces. Sana runs back to the beach and blows up a beach ball she brought and we play around with that for a while.

“I don’t think you’re ready for this one Tzuyu!” She says as she prepares to toss the ball my way.

“Bring it on Minatozaki! You got nothing on me!” I prepare myself for the worst.

Sana jumps up and yells out, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter