Answer

Barriers [Oikawa x Reader]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            Sometimes, you just can’t say ‘no’.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

          Friday.

 

          You did get out of one frying pan but you became the hot topic as everyone knew of the news. How did they even know about it so soon?

 

            “The Goddess finally answered the King.”

            “Whoa, that’s so cool. Finally.”

            “Couple of the year!”

            “They suit each other, really.”

 

            “___, you didn’t tell me you were going to answer Kenzo-kun already.”, Yumi mumbled as she was slightly upset that you did not tell her personally at first.

            “It sorta just happened.”, you lifted your shoulders giving her a smile. “You know.”

            Yumi thought she got what you meant and accepted your words. Your blonde friend was easy to sway. She was okay in a second. Though, things with Kenzo did not just sort of happened, you thought of it carefully and considered some things to lead you to this decision.

 

            “So you're Ms. Popular now that you're with Kenzo-kun.”, Oikawa tapped the tip of his pen on his arm chair attracting your attention. Needless to say, the brunette was getting bored that his progress in this game of figuring you out was coming slow. Now that you even have a boyfriend, he had the decency to limit his ways of bothering you. Also, the circumstance that Iwaizumi was on guard of the detestable person too.

            You turned to him raising a brow, “What's that? Are you jealous?”

            “Of course, I'm not.”, he lifted his head. “I thought you weren't into guys who knew that they were pretty but it seems that you are.”

            “Ha?”, you eyebrows twitched but the brunette continued.

            “I thought your devotion for Tobio--chan would be enough. It would be better if you ended with Tobio-chan... No, I take that back. He's still my enemy! Don't fall for Tobio-chan ever.”

            Oikawa was once again being erratic. You have no idea why Tobio has to be brought up in this matter anyway.

            “Oi, I don't fall for looks! That's the last thing I care about.”, you defended, going back to the first topic. It was true though, that was your principle, right? You’re not just being swayed again this time. Kenzo is nice, talented and his good looks were just a bonus.

            “Jeez, you're so childish.”, you shrugged Oikawa off. “Why are you even making guesses of what I'm into? You're so annoying tykawa. Find someone else to bother.”

            “Hai, hai. Iwa-chan.”, Oikawa muttered. “I mean, ___-chan.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

            4 weeks later.

 

 

          “It’s been a month already, whoa.”

          “How’s your innocent girl, captain?”

            “Don’t think she’s innocent at all. I bet I can make her agree in no time.”

            “Nice!”

            “When are you planning to do it?”

            “Tomorrow?”

            “Do you think she’ll agree?”

            “She will. I have a plan. Besides, by the way I made her answer me. She couldn’t just say ‘no’”

            “Ahh, that’s right!’

            “Wow! Then you’re gonna have to do some story telling on Monday.”

            “Of course.”

 

          The same old boys were talking about the poor girl again who’s falling into some awful guy’s grip. Iwaizumi smirked and rolled his eyes at Oikawa as they heard of these guys once again. The brunette just panned his head as he placed his rubber shoes back to his locker after changing into his casual ones. After they heard the other guys leave the locker room, Iwaizumi couldn’t hold his anger anymore.

            “Ah those guys really, I’m gonna kick their asses.”, the spike-haired male balled up his fists wanting to do something about those dreadful males.

            “Now, Iwa-chan, that won’t do any good.”, Oikawa sneerked as he grabbed on his bag, ready to leave the place.

            Iwaizumi gave his friend a apathetic look, “Really? That’s basically a ed up thing to do to any girl and you’re just gonna let that happen?”

            “Of course, I don’t want that.”, the brunette’s expression sooner change into a menacing one, showing his concern about the topic. “More importantly, doesn’t those voices sound familiar, Iwa-chan?”

            Oikawa already knew who these guys were this second time that he heard them.

            “Huh?”

            “That husky voice….”, Oikawa pointed out. “They sound like they are teammates from a certain club we know.”

            Iwaizumi widened his eyes as he knew who Oikawa was pertaining too. He picked up his bag as well and headed off with his friend to leave the area.

 

            “We should tell her something.”, Iwaizumi suggested.

            Oikawa gave him an odd look, “You should. I don’t wanna do something good for that girl.”

            “Trash!”, the spike-haired instinctively punched the awful brunette’s shoulder.

            “Itai!”

            “But okay, I’ll try thinking of what to say to her. Just warn her of some sort. Not too oblivious.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

           

            Next Day.

 

            In the middle of a class discussion, Iwaizumi decided to speak up to the girl being talked about last night.

            “Uhm… a-no… ___-san.”, Iwaizumi voiced out.

            You turned to the boy seated beside the annoying brunette, “Hai, Iwaizumi-kun?”

            “Uhh… what if… uhmm…”, Iwaizumi could barely think of the right thing to say to you. He didn’t want to tell head on and ruin your new found relationship. It’s not the right thing to do.

            Though, a certain brunette couldn’t bear to watch his friend that is loss for words anymore. Oikawa wasn’t sure of the right words to say either but being blunt is the way for him. It was his strength after all.

            “___-chan.”, Oikawa spoke that made you glance to him. “When do you think are you ready to have with someone?”

            “E-ehhh.”, Yumi heard and she was taken aback by the brash question so as you were.

            “W-what?”, you could only see his unchanging stern face. You couldn’t tell whether or not he was fooling you.

            “Oi, tykawa! You .”, Iwaizumi slammed his male friend’s shoulder for his boldness but it seems that his question is good enough for you to be able to handle it.                

            You pursed your lips and spoke to the brunette head on, “Hmm… You mean, when will I do it with a certain person? Like up to what extent or reason will I agree, right?”

            “Yep.”, the brunette nodded, all in a serious note.

            “Uhm… I guess when I fully trust the person, I’ll be willing to give them my all. But full trust isn’t easy to gain, isn’t it? It takes time and-”, Oikawa cut you off. He had heard enough and was being quite of a douche to you again.

            “Hai. Hai. Okay, ___-chan. We get it.”, he gestured a halt sign with his hand in front of your face. “Now stop, you don’t need to explain further.”

            ‘Seriously, this guy.’, you clenched your throat wanting to cuss at the guy. ‘I hate you, Oikawa! You bastard.’

            You let out a sigh because there was no point on wasting your time hating on the guy, “Well, what about you then?”

            “Hmm…”, he raised a brow. “I’ll do it when the moment is right and if I find the girl attractive enough to meet my standards.”

            “Ahh, without a doubt. You’re a freaking .”, you blurted out turning your gaze on your notebook as you took notes of what was written on the board in front. “Who knows how many you’ve already ed right? I bet you can’t count it with your fingers.”

            Oikawa snickered at what you said, “You’re gonna be surprised, ___-chan.”

            “Yep,”, you nodded. “Who knew a man could do it with an infinite number of girls like that. Insane.”

            “Seriously, you guys. Stop this conversation.” Yumi stifled her laugh as she was so close to bursting out. She didn’t want the teacher to notice and reprimand them four.

            It was true that you’re gonna be surprised. Oikawa hasn’t done it yet truthfully for all you know. The moment hasn’t arrived to him yet and that someone with the standards he’s been looking for hasn’t too. He wasn’t that crappy kind of a guy. He just dated girls but he’ll never go that far on taking advantage of their bodies.               

            With what Yumi had said, finally, the two of you stopped on your petty argument and listened to the professor’s discussion.

            “Don’t wanna do something good for that girl my .”, Iwaizumi muttered to his friend slightly slamming his hand on the brunette’s back.

            Oikawa scoffed at his friend for his remark. He didn’t mean to do that for you. He sort of just did it unexpectedly for no reason. Did he do it out of his good heart receiving nothing in return?

 

            That’s impossible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter