Home

Barriers [Oikawa x Reader]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So… a bonus: A song reference for this chapter! Obviously, I’m into Kpop. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBI0QipEUW4

Enjoy!

           

 

            I’m not your man but keep an eye on me. I’m not the one that’s yours. Even if I can’t hold you, I’m a man with a sturdy back who can take you home. I’ll take you home. Just lean on me.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

          That Night. Continuation.

 

          ‘I don’t need to be responsible of some other guy’s girl.’

 

            He kept saying those words in his head.

            ‘Yeah, I don’t need to be concerned of that brat.’

 

            He exhaled and pretended to be as how he usually he is. He placed his hand on his pockets and hummed as he strolled, headed back home.

            A few seconds into Oikawa’s trip home, ‘She doesn’t have the power to protect herself from her boyfriend how can she…’

            The brunette stopped on his tracks and scratched his head briskly, seemingly upset.

            ‘Trying not to think about something is the same as thinking about it.’

            He was contradicting the things he was well aware of.

            ‘What if some other man takes advantage of the drunk girl? She doesn’t look like she’s gonna regain consciousness any soon. Even if she did, is she strong enough to handle herself? These streets aren’t a safe place after all.’

            It was too late for him to realize but from the moment he interfered with the couple, he didn’t know that he’d topple over a few more blocks as he tumbled over one.

            ‘ to know her and be the only one here.’, Oikawa scoffed as he took out his phone from the pockets of his pants.

            ‘I meddled with something and I ended up being forced to doing a bunch of other things too.’

            He dialed to call his best friend and spike haired boy picked up right away, “Iwa-chan… I know it’s a bit late but it’s an emergency. Do you know where ___ lives?”

            “I don’t know. Why? Are you going to her house this late?” Iwaizumi outwardly teased his friend.

            “No! As if.”, Oikawa mumbled. “I’m with her actually. She’s drunk and passed out. I’ll explain everything later. Do you have Yumi’s number?”

            “I don’t. You can just check on her phone you know. But doesn’t she live 3 stations away? The station’s already closed.”, Iwaizumi pointed out.

            “Ah, right.”, Oikawa let out a heavy sigh. It was hopeless. What was he supposed to do? What is the best thing to do instead of just leaving you?

            “So what are you planning to do?”

            Oikawa hesitated but came to a fretful decision, “Take her home.”

            “Okay. Well, take care of her.”

            “Hai.”, the brunette was just about to end the call.

            “No wait! I’ll help you.”, Iwaizumi exclaimed. “Who knows what you’ll do to that drunk girl when you take her to your house.”

            “Iwa-chan, you think I’m that kind of person?”

            “Yes, Trashykawa. Just tell me your exact location.”

            “So mean, Iwa-chan!”, Oikawa whined but he wanted to get home already, getting to the point quickly. “Here’s our location – “

 

            Iwaizumi was coming. He didn’t live that far so he’ll be there in a few minutes. The brunette however, strode back to where he left the girl and saw that she was still there, of course.

            “Oi, wake up you brat.”, Oikawa muttered as he sat beside her. “You don’t want to be taken to my house, do you? So wake up already.”

            Oikawa tugged on your arms to wake you up but instead you fell on him instead, your head resting on the shoulder of the warm person beside you, cuddling him.

            “Oi! Don’t do this.”, the brunette was irked by your movements and wanted to push you away.

            “Move, ___-chan-“, he caught a glimpse of your sleeping face and he felt the blood flow through his cheeks, heating it up.

            The brunette averted his gaze. He was feeling embarrassed and it was weird. Why is he being weirded out when he already dated girls that did actions like this to him before?

            Maybe he knew that if you were conscious and if this was a normal day, it was impossible for you to do something like this, especially if it was with him. She wasn’t like any other girls after all. She wouldn’t fawn over him even if he tried making her falter. That’s what only Oikawa knew. Did he not know how you’ve fallen for him miserably that it lead you to stop school just to overcome depression?

            Oikawa coughed to regain composure and fixed his position. He sat properly, letting the unconscious girl lean on him comfortably, “Fine. Then lean on me for a while.”

 

            ‘Fine, I’ll take care of you but don’t be surprised if I finally managed to break you in the future.’, he bore that in his mind. ‘Just hang in there, ___-chan. Sleep soundly by my side and unknowingly anticipate the storm that is coming.’

 

            “Oikawa… That’s so sweet of you, huh.”, the husky voice made Oikawa flinch.

            “Eh!”, Oikawa immediately recognized his friend, “Hey, but can you take a picture of us?”

            Oikawa handed Iwaizumi his phone.

            “What’s this for?”, Iwaizumi instantly finished in capturing the photo of the two of you. He returned the phone flippantly to Oikawa with a smirk, “So you can cherish this memory of yours with her?”

            “Of course not!”, the brunette gruffly took his phone back and viewed the picture. “I’ll use this card against her when I get the chance.”

            “ty person.”

 

            The brunette soon told the whole story he witnessed to Iwaizumi. They decided to take her in Oikawa’s place since there are no trains anymore and the Oikawa’s residence is close by. The brunette’s parents didn’t mind guests so it was a good decision.

            “Carry her, Iwa-chan. You’re stronger.”

            “No you carry her, tykawa. You’re the one who meddled with them. You should take responsibility ‘til the end.”

            “Ugh… Fine. Wait a bit.”, Oikawa stood and bent towards the sleeping girl. He removed the coat he placed on her and wrapped it around her waist instead, making it cover a portion of her legs that showed underneath her skirt.

            “Didn’t take you for a gentleman, tykawa.”, Iwaizumi raised a brow as he was surprised to see Oikawa like this.

            “I’ve had decent girlfriends before Iwa-chan and you know that.”, Oikawa finished tying the coat to you and picked you up bridal style from the bench. He took a deep breath as you weighed him down, “It’s only because I don’t have feelings of love for them that’s why it doesn’t work.”

            His breath hitched as he started his walk so that this night would be over soon. You were still deep in your sleep as you were carried.

            “Why is love even needed?”, Oikawa mumbled as Iwaizumi matched his pace.

            “tykawa, love is needed because you get into a relationship with the goal of to marry the girl in mind, not just play around with her, you know.”, Iwaizumi slid his hands casually on the pockets of his pants.

            “I don’t really understand that.”, he glanced at the spike haired boy indifferently. “What if ‘it’ never came to you? You’re still not going to try going into relationships then?”

            “You’re just saying that because it hasn’t come to you yet.”

            “And you did, Iwa-chan?”, Oikawa’s brow raised.

            “Not yet but I’m waiting for the right one.”

            “You’re gonna get old alone, Iwa-chan.”

            “Whatever, Trashykawa. You’re the one who brought the topic up.”

 

            It wasn’t that of a long walk, the three of you finally arrived at the said destination.

            “Tadaima! Can I have Iwaizumi and this drunk classmate over? She lives 3 stations away and the station’s already close so-“, Oikawa explained everything as soon as he got inside.

            “Hai. Tooru.”, his parents looked like they were awakened and just agreed to what their brunette son had said.

            “Oh”, Oikawa’s mother covered as she yawned. “Iwaizumi, konnichiwa.”

            “Good evening. Pardon the intrusion!”, Iwaizumi bowed to Oikawa’s mother and hurriedly trailed behind Oikawa who went to his room with the unconscious girl.

            Oikawa’s parents were already too sleepy to bother to ask about what happened. They just went back to their room and let the kids do what they have to do. Iwaizumi usually goes to the house to sleep over occasionally anyway.

 

            Oikawa laid you on his futon that’s already been set up.

            “I’ll go warm up some water for her and grab some towels.”, Iwaizumi proposed and soon headed out to do his task.

            The brunette fixed the futon for you and tucked you in with a duvet so you can sleep warmly covered. He was surprised when you winced and caught his wrist.

            “W-wait... uhm... y-you w-want to d-do s-someth-thing r-right?”, you barely opened your eyes and just pulled on him right away, closer to your face. “I c-can... k-kiss y-you bett-ter!”

            “Ha?!?”, Oikawa widened his eyes as he resisted your grip on him. You were forcefully pulling him for a kiss. You thought he was Kenzo.

            “_-__-c-chan! I'm not K-kenz-.”

            Oikawa shifted his position, he was ball full of strength after all and he pinned you under him. “Ya, you can't be like this. You're in front of a man. You can't just offer yourself like this just because he told you to.”

            “H-huh... y-you're... n-no...”, you blinked your barely opened eyes as you watch the man that wasn’t your boyfriend take control over you. You recognized him even if your head was clouded up. You thought it was funny that he’s trying to do restrain you and you’re feeling a bit like your head was spinning. “B-but... I'm n-not... o-offering myself. Heh.”

            “You sure?”, he pinned both of your hands to your side, above your head. A smile plastered on your face as if this was a joke. You were too drunk after all.       “You're too drunk to be able to resist, right? What are you gonna do?”

            You tried to squirm your body and shake off his hand that gripped on your hand but you couldn’t. You were too weak as of the moment. You just stared at the man atop you and presumed, “B-but... Y-you... Y-you're n-not g-gonna d-do it...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter