Chapter 7

The Only Exception

Lying on her bed, Sinb looked at her, for once, neat handwriting on the crinkled piece of paper, which she held with both of her hands. ‘…But I hope you know that I will wait for you ‘till the end, because you’re the only exception. You’re the only one where my patience doesn’t have a limit, because my love for you is stronger than anything.’

Seeing this she just realized how true these words were. “Of course… I would never lie to you”, she quietly whispered to herself and continued to just stare at the piece of paper in her poorly lit room, the only light source being her small lamp on the white nightstand next to her queen-sized bed.

Even though the letter might sound a bit cheesy, she still meant every word that was written with black ink onto the stationery. She even decorated it with a few hearts and roses… okay maybe the letter is really cheesy, but oh well… what do you expect from a lovesick junior in high school?

While continuing to examine every line and every dot on the letter, she didn’t even realize that the small black bedside lamp wasn’t the only thing that illuminated her room anymore. Beams of light were seeking through her blinds and lit up the room in a way that the old lamp never could.

The only thing that shook her out of her trance was the beeping sound of her alarm clock, indicating that it was already morning and that it was time for her morning jog on Sundays. She immediately averted her gaze to the source of disturbance and stretched her arm out to turn it off. After hitting the button on the alarm clock she rubbed her tired eyes that didn’t even catch a blink of sleep, and dragged herself out of her bed and into the bathroom.

Arriving there she did her daily morning routine, if only a little slower…

When she finally walked out of the bathroom with freshly brushed teeth and a ponytail after what seemed like an eternity, she changed into her short black running tights, her pink sports bra and a black tank top. After that she lazily walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to grab an apple and filled a cup with water. After chucking down the water she put in her earphones and laid her IPhone into the phone pocket that was attached to her arm.

Before stepping out of the apartment she took one last glance at the clock on the wall, 7 am it read.

After closing the door she stepped into the hallway and waited for the elevator to arrive at her current floor, while eating the red apple in her hand. When the elevator finally arrived she had already eaten half of the fruit. She stepped into the lift and drove down to the ground floor where she went out of the front door and started to run after throwing the remains of her apple away.

Running through the empty streets always calmed Sinb down and it did today too. The liberty you had during a jog with some music in your ears and the fresh summer air in the morning really does wonders if you have something on your mind.

Starting with a low speed Sinb ran through the streets and into the park where she was yesterday. She really tried not to think about Yerin and yesterday anymore and she didn’t think about it until one particular song played after about 30 minutes of jogging. ‘P.S. ’ by Rihanna. She didn’t even know why a slow song like that was in her sports playlist, but either way it started to fill her ears and it somehow reminded her of a certain someone and let tears form in her eyes, but they weren’t tears of sadness anymore. They were tears of joy, because she finally got to get her back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Flashback to the day before*

We finally kissed again after years…

After seven whole years it still felt the same.

I still felt the butterflies and the goose bumps all over my skin.

But I knew it was wrong. We shouldn’t be doing this. Not when she has a boyfriend waiting for her at home. No… no we shouldn’t be doing this.

Realizing that I slowly broke the kiss, not really wanting to do so, but needing to. She looked at me with a small smile that reached her eyes. And I instantly looked away.

“What’s wrong? Don’t you…don’t you want me anymore?”, she asked and I just kept silent. Of course I still want her, but what about the one that has her? The silence kept on and it wasn’t too long before Yerin broke it again.

“Do … do you have someone new?” she sounded so panicked and I immediately turned back around to look her in the eyes with confusion all  over my face. How could she ask me that when she should be asking herself that? So I opened my mouth “No, but don’t you have someone else?”

She looked shocked and I saw her realizing that it was true what I asked her. She was dating someone. Someone who is waiting for her to come home again. Someone who she is cheating on right now with…me.

After a few seconds she furiously shook her head and took my hand in hers. “I… he means nothing to me Sinb. I will break up the moment I go out this door.” She said and I knew she was being honest with me, because she looked deeply into my eyes, which she never did in the past when she lied. Yerin is a terrible liar and couldn't even glance at someone if she wasn’t saying the truth.” I never really loved him Sinb. Never. You are the only one my heart desires and I couldn’t forget you in all these years. I could never even stop thinking about you, Sinb-ah. Not even a second” she continued and I felt a tear run down my face and saw the same thing happening to the beautiful girl in front of me. I wiped away her tear softly not minding my own and said “I couldn’t forget you either, Yerin.”

She smiled at me softly and leaned in to kiss me, but she suddenly stopped when her lips were only an inch away from mine. And I could feel her hot breath on my lips when she spoke again. “Do you…want to start over?”

“I do”

That was the only thing she needed to finally close the distance an embrace my lips into a soft and passionate kiss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When she arrived at her apartment again at 9 o’clock she saw Sowon breakfasting in the kitchen and happily said a good morning to her. This time it was Sowon who was wondering what made her best friend so happy, but before she could ask anything Sinb had already rushed into the bathroom and took a shower.

After she finished and blow dried her hair, she ran into her room and changed into her favourite pair of black skinny jeans, a white crop top and a grey bomber jacket. Applying some concealer, as well as a bit of mascara and a light coloured lipstick, she rushed back out of her bedroom and into the kitchen where Sowon was still comfortably sitting on a chair with her cell in her hands and an empty bowl in front of her. When Sinb opened the fridge to look for something eatable, she heard Sowon speaking up… with a teasing tone of course 

“So… what are you so happy about? “ Sinb was busy looking food and didn’t answer Sowon, which made Sowon continue with an even more teasing tone. “When I got home at 8 there was an empty wine bottle in the kitchen and two glasses… So I assume you had some company last night?”

Sinb grabbed a carton of milk and turned around to see Sowon smirking at her. Without answering Sowon she went to the cupboard and took out a bowl and a spoon, but Sowon kept on. “ Soooo… judging by your extremely red face I assume I’m correct. So could you stop playing and tell me who it is?”

Sinb never really brought anyone home when she dated someone, which is why Sowon is so eager to know who this special person is that Sinb allowed coming to her apartment.

When Sinb took a seat in front of Sowon she poured in the muesli that was already on the table and filled the bowl with milk after wards, while Sowon looked intently at her waiting for her answer.

Before taking a spoon full of muesli she tried to casually answer Sowon’s question. “It was Yerin.”

She shoved the spoon into before a grin could betray her.

“WHAT?!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Sorry for taking so long to update again, I hope you can forgive me <3

And thanks to everyone who subscribed, commented and voted on my last poll I really appreciate that.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed reading the new chapter. Let me know what you thought of it in the comment section. <3