Chapter 3

The Only Exception

Sinb’s POV

“I need to go to the restroom real quick I will be back in a minute.” I said and turned to Sowon, who was already blushing like crazy, and winked at her. I hope she doesn’t make a fool out of herself, because I really can’t stand getting another slap from her for leaving her with Eunha. When I got out of the room I decided to go to Heechul again, because I didn’t really need to go to the restroom. I quickly made my way through the couples that were making out everywhere. Well, I don’t think that you can even say that they are kissing. They just each other’s faces off, which looks really disgusting. Anyway when I got to the kitchen I was previously in Heechul and Hani were nowhere to be found.

I let out a sigh and looked around for people that I know, but I didn’t see anyone I know or want to talk to right now. So I made my way back to the bar again and sat on one of the leather barstools. When the bartender turned around and saw me sitting at the bar, he instantly smirked and said “Well, hey there. Another beer?”

I nodded and he handed me a beer bottle from the icebox on the ground and send a wink my way.  I only smiled back and took a sip from the icy beer. I usually don’t really like beer that much, but this one tastes so good. So I took another big gulp right away. “You must either be really thirsty or really eager to get drunk to drink that fast” I heard the bartender say and looked him in the eyes “though I doubt that you will get that drunk with that beer” he continued with a chuckle.

“No, I don’t want to get that drunk this beer just tastes really good” I said with a small chuckle. We looked at each other for a few seconds, before he extended his hand across the counter for me to shake it and said “My name is Jungkook and may I ask for yours?”

I smiled at him and answered him with a small “Sinb “.

“Well nice to meet you Sinb”, he said and smiled at me. Then we heard someone beside me clearing their throat. “Sorry to interrupt you but I would like to get a drink”

I turned to my right were the person stood with his hands on the counter and glaring at the handsome bartender I just met. Jungkook nervously turned to him and said “Su-sure what do you want to drink, Taehyung?”

“Whisky”, the person that I think is called Taehyung said. Jungkook nodded and quickly poured some whisky in a glass and handed him the drink with a nervous smile. Taehyung mumbled a small and slightly annoyed thanks and walked away to a group of guys that were dancing on the dance floor. I turned back around and saw as Jungkook let out a sigh and shook his head. “You alright?” I asked him. He looked at me with a small fake smile and answered “Yeah of course”

I wanted to ask what just happened and why that guy just glared at him, but I decided that I didn’t know him enough to ask that. So I continued to take another sip from my drink and Jungkook continued to dry glasses with a towel and giving drinks to people.

After I finished my beer I decided to check up on the lovebirds. When I looked to the dance floor in the living room I saw the two dancing VERY close to each other and I quickly took some pictures to tease Sowon later, because you could even see the blush on her face from the entrance of the living room.

I decided that I shouldn’t interrupt the two so I went up the stairs of the enormous house after I got another beer from the bar. The house has four floors and I went to the roof of it where I knew only a few people would be. When I opened the door to the roof I was instantly hit with fresh air and I got a little dizzy, because of the alcohol in my system. When I looked around I saw only two people at the far back that were making out. So I went to the border of the roof on the opposite side, placed the bottle of liquid beside me and leaned on the stone wall. The stars were shining brightly tonight and I couldn’t stop admiring them. I just felt so content looking at them.

“It’s beautiful tonight, isn’t it?” A small voice said behind me. I turned around and instantly recognised the girl. I ran to her and engulfed her in a tight hug. I smiled and said “Yeah it really is, Umji-ya.”

I met Umji in high school. She was one of my best friends, but we didn’t see each other in almost four years, because she went to America to study in Harvard, though we kept in touch these whole years. “I missed you unnie” I heard her say and hugged her tighter.

“I missed you too” I said. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I heard her say in a muffled voice. “Unnie, I can’t breathe” I let out a chuckle and broke our hug. When we parted I finally really looked at her. She changed so much in those four years that I haven’t seen her. She got skinnier and changed her hair colour as well as her style. She looks so grown up now.

“How was Harvard?” I asked her when we sat on one of the benches that were on Heechul’s roof. “It was good, unnie. I met a lot of friendly people there and had a lot of fun while studying. I also made friends with a girl that is from here and just like me went there to study. Her name is Yuju and she is really great I hope you can meet her sometime” she said with a bright smile that turned even brighter when she mentioned the name of the girl that she met. They must be really good friends...

I smiled at her and said “I’m really glad that you had a good time in Harvard and I hope so too she sounds like a great person.”

“Yeah she is and I’m glad too, unnie” she said and we continued to talk about Harvard and other things for about an hour until she needed to go home. We said our goodbyes and promised to meet up this week to catch up.

When Umji left I really needed to use the bathroom so I took the stairs to the floor under the roof and searched for a bathroom in this big mansion, which was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Seriously who needs that many rooms?

When I finally found a bathroom I got inside it and looked around for the toilet bowl, which was out of gold. ‘Seriously Heechul? Even a golden toilet bowl?’ I  quickly made my business and washed my hands right after, then I noticed that my lipstick that I put on earlier was almost all gone. So I took the pink lipstick out of my small purse that was around my shoulders and applied it on my lips. After I finished freshening up I went to the door and opened it only to stand face to face with the person that stole my heart and never gave it back to me in one piece.

She still looked as flawless as I remember her to look even though she has the same shocked expression on her face that I have. I haven’t seen her in seven years but here I’m again with the same butterflies that I always had whenever she looked at me with her big brown eyes, though something was missing in them, but I can’t quite distinguish what it is.

Before I could look at her more clearly my mouth opened out of its own and the only things that came out were stuttered “uh”s and “ehm”s, which left me looking like a fool. So before she could even say anything I quickly closed the door again out of embarrassment and leaned on it from the other side and slid it down to the floor until I was sitting. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and laid my head on my knees.

I heard a small knock on the other side of the door followed by a small "Sinb. Are you okay?".

'No I am not'

 

 

Note:

Hey :) Here is another small update, because I couldn't help but to publish another one. I hope I will be able to publish as often as I do now, but I doubt it :)

Thank you for the support i am receiving I will work even harder now to write a good story <3