Chapter 10 (The End)

The Only Exception

Note: sorry for taking so long to update, once again. <3

I hope this Chapter doesn't semm rushed and I hope there are not to many mistakes, because i didn't proofread it.

P.S. : the lyrics that is used in this chapter is from "The Great Longing" by LUH and "Coming Home" by Leon Bridges

Anyway this is the last chapter of the story and i hope you enjoy it<3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Sowon left, Sinb continued watching reruns of friends until the clock hit 6 pm to make herself ready for the meeting with the one and only Yerin. She changed into some ripped black skinny jeans, a white tee and her beloved leather jacket combined with her black sneakers. Afterwards she put on some light make up and proceeded to make her way to the entrance of their apartment. Checking herself one last time in the mirror she breathed in deeply and opened the wooden door. She put in her earphones, whilst she waited for the elevator to reach her current floor, to calm down her nerves. The last time she was that nervous was when she asked Yerin to be her girlfriend in high school. 

When the elevator arrived she quickly walked in and pushed the button for the ground floor. Leaning against the wall she opened up her music app and searched for her playlist, which she knew would calm her down. The soft sounds of a guitar playing filled her eardrums as she reached the floor she desired.

With soft melodies in her ears she made her way out of the elevator and the building and went into the cool summer night breeze. She put her hands into her pockets of her jacket and went in the direction her heart desired to be at with a small smile plastered on her face.

You are my lover, no you're not my friend
We start when this ends, now this ends
Now this ends, now this ends
Oh, we start today
And I've got faith in us, so hold my faith as trust
And let's start today

When she reached the park she looked around the park for any sign of Yerin, but when she couldn’t detect her she made her way to the red Chrysanthemum that were blooming and picket one off, knowing that Yerin loved that flower but also because it held the perfect meaning to it. It meant: ’I love you’

Afterwards she sat on the bench near the pond, took out her earphones and looked at the time on her phone and saw that it was five minutes before the time the agreed on meeting up. She sighed a bit and put her phone into her pocket again and waited for her lover to arrive. Her leg was pouncing up and down while she thought about what she wanted to say to Yerin. She was nervous but also happy and scared all at once. What if Yerin is going to leave her again? What if she never shows up today? What if they get together but Yerin realizes that she didn’t love Sinb anymore? What if her father takes Yerin away from her again? What if, what if…

All these questions and worries flooded Sinb’s mind and restricted her from breathing normally. She looked into the sky and tried to calm herself down. Breathing deeply in and out she closed her eyes and opened them again only to admire the shining stars that graced the dark night sky with its light and beauty.

She stayed in that position for a while, waiting, again…

But like all those times before she didn’t mind waiting. No not for her. She could be waiting all her life for her and she still wouldn’t mind, not as long as she could have her. And she realized that all those worries she had before didn’t matter, because she knew that there are always risks and she knew that she would always be taking them if it meant that she could have Yerin. Even if it’s just for a bit.

And so she waited. She waited for Yerin to arrive and to start new with her. She waited for her heart to be reunited with its missing piece, again.

Yerin was standing in front of the door for quite some time now. Just looking at the wooden object and doing nothing else. She couldn’t bring herself to take out her keys, to knock or to ring the doorbell. She was just standing there like a statue. She was scared to say the least.

She was scared on how to face him.

She knew that this moment would come eventually. She knew that she had to break up with him at some point, because she wasn’t happy with him. No she wasn’t, because it wasn’t true love. It was that kind of love that you had for your best friend. And after all, he was her best friend and nothing more than that.

However she knew that he was in love with her, at least she thinks so, because he would always tell her so.

And she didn’t want to break her best friend’s heart, because she truly cared for him.

So standing on the front porch of their shared home and knowing that the moment she would step inside she needed to come clean with him. She needed to tell him that she didn’t want to be with him anymore, because there was no love. There never has been any love, at least not from her side. That they weren’t meant to be together, because she was meant to be with someone else; someone who she had always loved and will continue to love no matter what.  

Yerin took one last deep breath and with a trembling hand she rang the doorbell. She heard the melodic sound, to which she still couldn’t use to, through the door and it made her even more nervous.

‘This is it now’

The door creaked open and revealed the tall young man that held a smile on his face upon seeing who it was.

“Hey there,” he said leaning in to give her a kiss on the cheek” I was already wondering when you would come home.”

Taking her hand in his he lead her inside and closed the door after them. Yerin didn’t dare to look at him nor did she dare to say anything at all. She was just standing in the corridor and looking at the ground. Jin placed his hand on her shoulder and asked in a soft whisper “What’s going on? Are you ok?”

She just sighed and said “We need to talk” to which Jin nodded his head and led her to the couch in their living room.

For some time there was just silence and nothing was said between them, but eventually Jin urged her to say what she wanted to talked to him about and Yerin nodded, wondering where to start with this dreadful conversation. Thinking that it might be best to just dive in and say it.

“I …I’m breaking up with you Jin.”

She didn’t look him in the eyes and rather fumbled with her fingers while looking at them, but when she heard Jin sighing she shifted her attention to him. She saw him with a sad smile on his face and she instantly felt bad. She knew that it wasn’t right for her to take his time away like that when he could be happy with another girl instead, but it wasn’t like she had a choice before. Now she just didn’t care about the consequences. The only thing that she thought about was Sinb.

“I’m sorry Jin, but… this isn’t right. I’m...I’m ga-” she was cut off by Jin placing a hand on her shoulder and saying “Don’t be, Yerin-ah. I knew this was happening one day. I know that you don’t love me and that’s ok. I know that you are gay and I know that you had no other choice than to oblige to your fathers commands and start to date me. I know that believe me and it’s ok.”

“If you knew why did you stay with me through all these years?” she asked with a frown on her face.

Jin smiled a bit and looked Yerin in the eyes “Because I was hoping that maybe I could make you fall for me, but I realized during our first few months together that this wasn’t happening. I knew that I could never make you love me when your heart is already meant for someone else. And so I thought that until you find that somebody I will be there for you.”

Yerin embraced Jin in a tight hug while tears ran down her face. She couldn’t believe that he still stayed with her even though he knew the truth. He could have a loving family by now but instead he chose to stay by Yerin’s side. She felt deeply grateful and sorry for him.

Jin slowly broke the hug and looked her in the eyes with his smile never leaving his face “I guess that you found that somebody?”

Yerin just nodded with, now too, a smile on her face upon remembering the brunette beauty that stole her heart completely. “Yes, I did. I found her a long time ago, but lost her for some time and got her back now.”

“I am happy for you” he said sincerely.

They sat there for a while. Yerin told him about Sinb and he listened. He listened because he, too, cared for her and wanted her to be happy. He knows about all the pain that she had to endure and all the tough times that she had to go through. After all he was always by her side, as her best friend. Maybe it was foolish of him to stay with her when he knew deep down that she will never love him, but he thought that it was the right thing to do.

After their little talk he accompanied her to the entrance of their home.

“Thank you for everything, Jin.” Yerin said while embracing him in her arms. They stayed in that position for a while and when they finally let go of each other she opened the door and went outside. Before she could get into the driver’s seat of her car he heard her Jin yelling  from the doorway.

“Go get her, tiger!”

And with a smile and a light heart she got into the car, started the engine and drove off to the direction of the park with her favourite song playing on the radio.

 

Baby, baby, baby

I'm coming home

To your tender sweet loving

You're my one and only woman

The world leaves a bitter taste

In my mouth, girl

You're the only one that I want

 

I wanna be around

I wanna be around girl

I wanna be around girl

You, I wanna be around

 

When she arrived at the park she saw that she got a little later than planned. She hoped that Sinb didn’t think that she stood her up but was still there waiting for her.

 

Baby, how I'd be grieving

If you wanted to leave me all alone now

By myself, I don't want nobody else

The world leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, girl

You're the only one that I want

 

 And lo and behold, she saw the silhouette of Sinb’s petite body sitting on a bench near a pond, looking above at all the stars that were shining today. She slowly neared her and with every step her heart began to race faster and faster.

 

Baby, baby, baby

I'm coming home

To your tender loving

You're my one and only woman

 

When Sinb heard footsteps she turned around and looked at the one she was waiting for her. Both of their faces brightened up when their eyes locked.

 

“Hey” Yerin whispered when she was only inches away from her.

“Hey,” Sinb sheepishly said.” this is for you”

Yerin looked at the beautiful flower in her lovers hand and took it in her own with a shy smile on her face. “Thank you, it’s beautiful.”

 

“Not as beautiful as you”

 

Sinb didn’t intended to say it out loud mainly because it sounded way too cheesy for her liking, but she couldn’t help it. She just was mush around Yerin. She couldn’t control herself around her and the other girl felt the same when she was around Sinb. That’s why she just engulfed Sinb’s lips in a passionate kiss after those words left .

 

Sinb’s lips were soft and warm and she truly was the best kisser Yerin ever had the pleasure of kissing. Sinb made her feel things that no one else could. She made her feel so whole and so alive with just a touch. And she wanted to feel that forever now. After such a long time of feeling empty inside, like someone took away her everything, she now feels complete again.

And so she goes on kissing her.

They only parted when air was needed again, but immediately locked their lips again afterwards.

After a long time of kissing Yerin broke it and looked deeply into Sinb’s eyes. “I love you, Sinb-ah. And I will never ever leave you again. Never.”

A single tear rolled down Sinb's face when she heard that. “I love you too, Yerin-ah”

And once again their lips met with only one thought on their minds.

 

‘I’m finally home again’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the end guys. I hope you liked it and please comment what you thought of it.

 

I'm new at writing and this is one of my first tries. So if you have any improvement suggestions I would be very grateful to read them in the comment section.

So anyway thank you for reading, and 'till the next story guys! Love ya <3