Chapter 8

Not so ordinary day

“Your papers are due next week. I hope everyone’s already at its half of it. Remember – “ the Professor stopped as he stared on the last row in his class. There’s someone sleeping again. And this was not the first time this sleeping student did this. He sighed and called out the student’s name.

“Ms. Jung” he said in a stern tone. The student didn’t even budged as the Professor called her. Feeling that his voice wasn’t enough to wake her up, he went up to the last row to personally wake up the sleeping figure.

Everyone in the room just gaze around the sleeping student and their professor. They do know that this happens a lot especially with this certain sleepy head blonde. It’s her again.

“Ms. Jung” he said once again and tapped the table of the student.

The young girl beside the sleeping blonde secretly pinch the other girl’s thigh for her to wake up.

“Ouch!” the blonde hisses in pain as she massage her thighs. She intensely glared to her seatmate for doing such thing to her but her glare was softened when she saw her seatmate pointing the Professor behind her using her lips.

“Ms. Jung, this isn’t the first time you did this. I’m afraid that you will be retaking this class if you did not passed the paper I was referring to a while ago when you were sleeping. Did you even start doing the paper?”

Sudden chatters were heard inside the room, they believe that this blonde is just lazy and wouldn’t even passed this course.

“Of course she hasn’t. She’s lazy.”

“I bet she didn’t even know that there’s a paper.”

“Wow, blonde being a blonde.”

Jessica did not bother to say a word and ignored all the students’ words. Instead she handed a folder to her Professor.

The Professor was taken a back once he laid eyes on the folder of this sleeping student. He scanned the contents thoroughly and smiled since he found this interesting.

Again students’ in the room was just watching this interaction between the two, secretly hoping that they would not be involved on any form of outranged that the Professor will do to Jessica.

It was just a 3-page paper. But Jessica put all of her effort to this. This was also the reason why she is sleepy in all of her class lately. This stupid paper make her up all night for a week.

“Congratulations, Ms. Jung. You passed this course already. We have a week left for this class but you may not attend anymore.”

Jessica smirked at this. VICTORY IS MINE. Take that you evil creatures.

“Thank you, Professor” she smiled and exited the room.

All of the students’ in the room were left shocked with their mouth’s hung open due this unbelievable scenario.

The blonde was actually a smartie.

 

Jessica just got in Seoul. She was not accustomed yet with the surroundings and the people around her since Seoul was nothing compared to San Francisco. She’s clearly in the adjustment period and she hopes that eventually she will have a friend in this university.

Moments ago, she just made her classmates’ think differently of her. In their eyes, Jessica was just a cold, lazy and I-don’t-care-about-anything person. She hated it since that was not her. She’s shy and fragile. Despite being a blonde, this girl is a genius and she just proved it a while ago. She’s now mentally congratulating herself for a job well done.

That was the last class for her today and she was dismissed early, she’s now enjoying her time off the park near her university and munching off some sandwich as a reward for herself.

Her alone time was interrupted upon hearing a scream not too far away from her. At first she did not care about it and she continued to relax. But, the screaming was heard again and this time someone’s actually asking for help. She bolted on her seat and decided to find this screaming person.

Aish.

 

After a few minutes she saw some girl crying her eyes out and screaming in pain. Instinctively, Jessica run towards the girl and check whether what’s happening to her.

“Are you okay? What happened?”

The girl was still crying and looked up to her. She was surprised to see this young girl have a blood in her hand and all of her belongings were scattered on the ground.

“Some… someone tried to rob me but I… I fought back” the younger of the two said in between her sobs.

Jessica did not let another moment passed and she helped this girl to get up and waved for a taxi for them to go to the nearest hospital.

 

 

At the hospital, the injured girl was receiving a treatment for her wound while Jessica was pacing back and forth due to the nervousness.

She couldn’t imagine how this girl just fought back with a robber. The girl was just the same age as her younger sister and she was panicking what if something like that would happen to her too. She took out her phone and called her dongsaeng.

“Jung Soojung, where are you? Are you at home? You should be home right now, right? I swear, I’m gonna kill you if you’re still not there.” She said nonstop as she glanced to the injured girl.

“Woah. Woah. Woah. Unnie, what the? I’m at home already! Why aren’t you home? You said you will make me kimchi fried rice!”

Jessica was relieved that her younger sister was already at home. She smiled and thanked God that nothing bad happened to her sister. She ended the call with her dongsaeng and walked towards the girl she helped a while ago once the nurse finished putting the bandage around her hand.

“You okay now?”

“I.. Yes, I’m okay now. Thank you, Unnie for helping me. I’m Im Yoona, by the way.” Yoona said as she offer her hands to Jessica.

Jessica smiled and thought that this girl looked like her sister “I’m Jung Jessica.” as she took the other girl’s hand for a hand shake. But, Yoona forgot that the hand she offered was the injured one so she hissed in pain after the hand shake.

“Omo! Omo! Omo! I’m so sorry. I totally forgot you’re injured!” Jessica panics as she saw Yoona retracted her hand and hisses in pain.

The younger girl just laughed it off “It’s okay, it’s okay! It’s really funny, though.”

“Yah, you’re laughing it off? You have to be thankful that’s the only thing you got. Why did you even fought back with the robber?” Jessica was displeased, if this was Soojung she swears she would flick her forehead for the stupid act.

“I am thankful. It’s just that my wallet contains a picture of me and my late mother. The only picture I had with her and I couldn’t let it just be gone like that.”

Oh. Jessica felt bad upon hearing those from Yoona.

“Do you want to go home? I can walk you home. It’s getting late and it’s not safe anymore.”

“No, it’s okay. It’s too much trouble for you. Besides –“

*growls*

“What was that? Are you hungry?”

“I’m no - “

*growls*

Jessica just smiled and thought of an idea. Both of them left the hospital and went to the Jung’s household.

 

Jessica was busy preparing for dinner for the three of them. Krystal on the other hand was glaring to the fidgeting Yoona. She seriously have a sister complex and she was quite jealous since this is the first time that her unnie brought someone to their home.

“Yah, quit that Jung Soojung. Come on, let’s eat. Yoona-ssi, come here too.”

During dinner the Jung sisters have chatted with Yoona. The glaring Soojung was taken aback when she found out that Yoona lives alone here in Seoul. She lives in a dorm not too far away from the university. Yoona have also mentioned she is an only child and her mother passed away when she was little.

Soojung couldn’t imagine a life without her unnie and her mother and she could not help but to pity Yoona’s current state. But now she pity herself more since this Yoona is eating too much of her sister’s kimchi fried rice!

Both of the Jung watched in amusement, Yoona may be skinny outside but the amount of food she have eaten now is already good for two people.

Yoona was soon telling about funny stories from her clumsiness to her pranks – she told them all. She was cheerful and her actions made the Jung sisters cry because of laughter.

She smiled while looking at the Jung sisters who’s currently dying of laughter. This doesn’t feel like anything she shared with her friends.

This was the night Yoona felt something – this feels home.

 

 

Since that night, Yoona just never left Jessica. Wherever Jessica is, Yoona will follow her even if they don’t share the same class. Yoona would just want a time with her precious Sica-unnie.

At first, Jessica did not liked it but eventually she got the hang of it and just let Yoona be. Besides, she treats Yoona as her own dongsaeng just like Soojung.

She helps the younger girl in her classes during the weekdays and lets Yoona hangout in their home during weekends with Soojung palyign video games or watching some random movies together.

For two years, their setup was like that. Yoona was the only friend the Jung sisters for two years. The group of friend they have eventually increased when Jessica made friends during her third year with Hyoyeon and Sooyoung (another shikshin) while Soojung have Seohyun and Luna. And that made Yoona even happier, she got more Unnies and dongsaeng with her new found family with the Jung sisters.

 

 

It was a typical day for Jessica, it’s her break time and she got enough time to have some sleep in their library. Carefully, Jessica looked around and saw no one’s in the private section of the library. This is where she enjoys her sleep without any disturbance. Well, no one would ever be in that area that’s why.

Yuri on the other hand was a library assistant. She have been following this blonde since the day she caught this certain girl sneaking in to the private section and sleeping. At first, she let the girl sneaked. She finds it cute whenever the girl carefully observes the surroundings first before entering the said area.

The private section was not really that private. They just call it like that since it’s the most secluded are in the library where you can sleep and nobody will see you as the bookshelves from that area are almost hitting the ceiling of the library.

 

There she goes again. Yuri thought.

 

Over the past months, Yuri have developed a little crush in this blonde. She’s being frustrated now since she really likes this girl and she have convinced herself the next time she saw her sneaking again, she will talk to her and get her number. And now’s the time for that.

 

Jessica is ready for her napping when she felt like there’s someone walking towards her direction. She instantly, closed her eyes and pretended to sleep.

Aish. Sooyeon, you’re an idiot! You should have ran away not pretended to sleep!

Yuri chuckled with the actions made by the blonde. She sat adjacent to this sleeping beauty and just stared at her. She admires how cute some of the blonde’s hair fall in to her serene sleeping face.

She waits for a minute and started to talk to this “sleeping girl”. “Yah, you do know that sleeping is illegal in the library, right?”

There was no response came and she was pretty much entertained on how this blonde will react.

“Plus, this was not the first time. I have been seeing you sneaked everyday here. You also do know you may be in detention for that, right?”

Still no response from the blonde. On the other hand, Jessica was already panicking at this current scenario. She was not aware that she was already being observed every time she sneaks for sleeping.

“Also, don’t pretend that you’re asleep. I know you are not.”

Jessica then lifted her head with a smile plastered in her face. She saw a young woman in front of her and she couldn’t help that this girl is actually pretty. What she did not know, Yuri was also the thinking the same thing as she saw Jessica smiling like that.

Omo. She’s beautiful.

“Hehe. Please don’t report me, I swear this would be the last time.” Jessica pleads giving her puppy eyes to Yuri.

“On one condition.”

“What?”

“You have to on a date with me. Just one date.”

“Eh?”

“Date.”

“Eh?????”

Yuri was about to go when Jessica grabbed her hands “O..okay. Let’s go on a date.”

 

(A/N): Annyeong, readers! I'm back! This is another update without Jeti but Yulsic. It's more on the back story of the two. My files are currently being retrieved right now and this was the first one I got! Gosh, two chapters more and I will be so happy. Haha! I will update again once I have the files! Thank you for your support. :)

PS. It doesn't mean that after the two chapters are uploaded, the story will be finished. Haha. This story will be still on going. :)