Chapter 4

Not so ordinary day

Sica,

I know this came late but I wanted to apologize for leaving you. I guess a part of me was scared with the thought of being in a long distance relationship with you. I know how much you ask me to continue this relationship. I'm so sorry for leaving you like that. We should have discussed this before I left but I know we're too much scared that this might end they way we imagined it to be. I am sorry for being selfish. I know how many times you tried to contact me and sorry I couldn't answer any of your calls and messages. I am too scared to see you hurt before and I'm mad at myself because I know I am hurting you right now. I want to focus with my study and I know I will not give you enough of my time once my class started so I decided not to talk to you from the moment I landed here. They've said it's so much easy just to runaway. And I guess, they were right. But, everyday I keep on being reminded on the things about you. If I saw something even a simple object, I can see you. I remember you. The way you talk to me, your smile and the warmth that you're giving me - everything. I am greatly sorry and I guess I couldn't take my guilt anymore so I decided to wrote you this. I hope you stop loving me as I am unworthy of your love.

You deserve someone better. Someone who will not leave you. Someone who's brave enough to be committed with you. Someone who can put you as their priority. Because, clearly. It is not me. I am not that someone. But, please do remember that I have loved you and I did not regret the days I've shared my life with you. 

- Kwon Yuri

 

Jessica don't know how to react once she read this from her email. It has been months after Yuri left here without saying anything and now that she's moving on already, why the hell do this girl pops out from nowhere? The words she just have read has been running on her mind. She wanted to reply on Yuri's email but she couldn't find the right words to say. First, she was really furious with the girl on how she just left her like that. Second, she already got what she wanted - the explanation on why Kwon Yuri left her. And hell, she did not expect Yuri to write her an email instead of telling it to her face. Maybe this was good after all. Jessica wouldn't know how will she react if they talk personally. Too much thoughts are running in her head, that she did not noticed the tears streaming down on her cheeks. She doesn't even know why is she crying, was it because of anger? or missing this stupid Kwon Yuri? or because she already have the answer and can finally move on? That... she still doesn't know.

 

In the end, Jessica did not wrote any reply that her ex-girlfriend have sent and just deleted the email from her inbox. I have moved on. I've already moved on. Kwon Yuri is dumb. I have moved on. she keeps on repeating this in her head like a mantra to calm herself.

 

The world is really fair, as for Jessica. Even if she have cried a river the morning before her work day started, she got some great news from her sunbae that their project was successful. This was her first major project and she couldn't have done well without her sunbae's help. It's really a roller coaster ride life for Jessica Jung. One moment she was so down and depressed, another moment she feels like everything is perfect. Well, this is great right? This is what living feels like.

 

From the time she started working her life was only about work and Tiffany. They have become close that they even went out during their day offs to shop or just hangout. But there are still moments that Jessica isn't quite comfortable since Tiffany is her sunbae. They talk everything under the sun and their are some similarities that they share besides love life so far and she was okay with that. Well, they also have some differences like Tiffany is a pink monster and she just hates pink passionately as she thinks this color is too much of a girl. There's so much more to know.

 

*****

Ding. The elevator signals that they are already on the top floor. Tiffany grabbed Jessica's hand and walk towards the empty roof deck. At first she was scared since it was totally dark and there were no other people in there besides her and Tiffany.

Where the hell is her old friend? Is she hiding somehere here? Jessica thought as Tiffany let go since she was so excited and went farther leaving her behind.

"Well, say hello to my old friend, Jessica!" Tiffany exclaimed as she spread out her hands like she's introducing someone to her.

Jessica don't know how to say about this. She looked around her but no one else's there besides them. Is her sunbae out of her mind? 

Omo, maybe she's seeing things I don't see! Her friend might be a ghost! she thought of this and in an instant she let a out a dolphin scream. Tiffany nearly had a heart attack when she heard that.

"Kyaaaaa!!! Omona, sunbae. I don't see him or her! Wait. Ist a girl? or a boy? Kyaaa! Whatever! I don't know what to call him! or her!! Ughh! Maybe we should get out of here!!!!" Jessica panics as she shut her eyes closed and covers her ears as if she doesn't want to see or hear anything as she sits on the ground.

Tiffany bursted out laughing upon seeing Jessica's reaction. She's laughing nonstop for a little while now and she can barely breathe because of that. While Tiffany was hysterically laughing, Jessica on the other side grew confused and actually got annoyed "Yah! Why are you laughing like that! I'm totally scared here you know!!!".

With that, her sunbae continued to laughed more and my oh my Tiffany is already crying because of laughing so much. "Ohh, oh my god. I can't believe I just laughed like that! I'm getting an abs for laughing so hard." as she fans herself trying to cool down.

Jessica was dumbfounded. Her sunbae is really nuts. She stood up and started to walk away from Tiffany. As a reflex, Tiffany grabbed her hand to prevent her from walking away.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Are you out of your mind? I don't see ghosts, okay? The old friend I'm referring to is THIS. This roof deck!" Tiffany explained. Jessica stared at her sunbae as Tiffany started to explain, her cheeks are burning at this moment because of embarrassment. Oh.my.god.Kill.me.now.

Tiffany let go of Jessica's hand and started to walk towards the edge where you can see a good view of the skyscrapers.

"This is my old friend. I am here whenever I feel stressed or whenever I've encountered problems or whenever I am happy. I always go here to let my mind breathe. It's really fascinating to see this Seoul city lights. It calms me, I guess. I've never been with someone here and I think part of me don't want anyone to discover this place. As this is my safe haven." Tiffany smiled as she finished her last statement.

And I'm glad I'm sharing this view with you now. she thought silently.

Jessica took this as an opportunity to walk to where Tiffany is. She stopped beside Tiffany and look in to what her sunbae is staring.

Her eyes feasted on this breathtahking site. She haven't seen anything like this in her whole life. She never appreciate the city lights before but wow, this view is really something when you're high up. She couldn't take off her eyes with the colorful lights that is in front of her. Even a simple bridge with cars pacing back and forth is quite fascinating to her now.

"This is beautiful." Jessica said still looking at the view, obviously still in awe with she is seeing right now. Tiffany smiled and glanced at her hoobae. She continued to stare at Jessica and her reply came a minute too late, "Yes, it is beautiful." You are beautiful.

*****

Tiffany was not kidding when she said she have foods in the deck. Heck, she have also wine for them to celebrate their success. Plus she got emergency lights from there office for them to see their foods. I should have set up a candle. That could be more romantic! Tiffany thought.

"Woooh! Cheers!" as she and Jessica raised their plastic cups. They have different variety of foods, by the way. Tiffany have ordered it beforehand. They have noodles, spicy rice cakes and one big kimbap. They share this as they lay a cloth and sit on the ground. It feels like a picnic on top of the buidling. Still, what a romantic getaway, Tiffany.

"Wow, sunbae! You're totally jjang! This could feed 5 people!" as Jessica munch on the spicy rice cakes.

"Yah! Stop calling me sunbae already! We're on the same age!"  her sunbae pouted as she said this as she really wanted to drop their formalities.

Jessica was surprised with Tiffany's words but she also wants to drop their formalities towards each other so she can be comfortable more.

"Okay... what should I call you then, sunbae?" she teased and Tiffany just hit her arm.

"Ouch! I was just kidding!" Jessica said as she rubs her arm.

"Hmmm... Maybe you can call me, Tiff and I'll call you, Jessi! Deal?"

"Okay, Tiff~~~" Jessica said with her aegyo voice.

"Dae, Jessiiii ~~~" Tiffany answered in her aegyo voice too but this was the first time she have done that in her whole life and she swears it was really awkward.

A moment of silence pass through them after she have done that. Even Jessica's face was unreadable when she witnessed it.

"You're bad at that." Jessica coldly said.

"I know. Forget about it." Tiffany said as she shook her head and with that both girls eventually bursted out laughing.

This is great night to remember. Jessica and Tiffany thought.

 

*****

"Let's play a game!" Tiffany tipsily said as she holds the winw bottle. There's only a half remaining on the wine bottle and Tiffany and Jessica promised to drink it up to the last drop.

Both girls have fisnished eating the food that is good for 5 persons in just a flash. Jessica was not kidding when she said she was hungry. Tiffany also was a big eater so that's why there's none left at all on all the foods she bought. Tiffany was happy to see that Jessica as enjoying this and she is really being comfortable now around her.

"Game? What game?" Jessica asked.

"Hmm.. Do you know "Never Ever""?

There was no reply came from Jessica and Tiffany just started to explain the game only to get interrupted by Jessica.

"Yah. Yah. I know the game. I was just thinking how long it was when I played it!"

"Okay, fine. Alright no questions asked. We'll just discussed after we finished the game. That's if we remember it..."

"That's totally fine! That's great!"

"So, me first. Never have I ever crashed a party." Tiffany asked.

It was suprisingly shocking when Jessica took the wine bottle from her and drank directly from it. Tiffany was just staring at the girl. Woah, this girl. This will be a fun game!

They have been asking a lot of questions already and have already drank almost the entire remaining wine.

"Never have I ever been in to a serious relationship." Jessica asked after she finished drinking from the wine bottle. This time it was Tiffany who grabbed and drink.

Jessica was confused. Tiffany is really beautiful how come she haven't been in a serious relationship. Her confused reaction was amusing for Tiffany.

After drinking, Tiffany just smirked at Jessica and said "No questions asked." followed by a wink.

Ahhh, this girl. Jinjaaaa.

"Okay, me again! Never have I ever kissed someone."

This time, Jessica did not took the bottle. And an "Ohhhhhh..." just escaped Tiffany's mouth as she smirk and teases Jessica.

"Omg, stop Tiff. You're embarrassing. We're adults, okay!" Jessica said as she blushed from the statement.

"Then why are you blushing???" Tiffany teases her more and right now. Jessica is really a blushing mess. Maybe it's becuase of the alcohol. Yeah, blame it on the alcohol, Jessica!

"I..I..I-I'm not blushing! That's because of the alcohol!" Jessica defended and it sent both of the girls in a laughing mess. 

After laughing their asses off, both girls layed on the ground to rest feeling light headed from drinking an entire wine bottle.

For minutes, both girls are silently looking up to the sky. The stars are exceptionally bright tonight. There's so many stars tonight and Jessica couldn't fathom how many great things have she experienced today. She closed her eyes and smiled. Tiffany on the other side was staring at Jessica.

"Why are you smiling? Yah. You look like you just farted secretly without me noticing it!" these statement from Tiffany sent both girls to a laughing mess again.

"Way to ruin the mood, Tiff" Jessica hisses and eventually got up and fix herself. She walks towards the edge again to see the city lights once more. A moment later, Tiffany followed her and both are just silently looking at this great view again.

"Why won't you want someone to discover this again? It is really beautiful." Jessica asked and turns to Tiffany's direction waiting for a reply.

Tiffany smiled and answered without looking to Jessica "I am afraid that if someone discovers this... This wouldn't be as special as it is for me now. They may come here and do whatever they want and with that I wouldn't be able to enjoy this. When you love something and get attached to it, you wouldn't want someone to take it away from you, right?"

"Point taken. That's a great point you got there." Jessica said but then she started speaking again.

"Then why share it with me?"

"Good things are better shared with someone like you."

And that made Jessica's heart to skip a beat.

Jessica smiled and took out her phone. Tiffany was curious as to why.

"We should take a pic. Good memories are better preserved in a photo."

*****

From: Tiff

Hey, Jessi!~~ I just got home! I hope you had a great night today. I also hoped that you enjoyed the night too. Have great sleep, you sleepy head! See you next week! xoxo

 

Jessica couldn't hide her smile when she saw the text from Tiffany. It's already 2AM and yet she's wide awake still on the hyped from the events that night. She have never imagine that she could feel this kind of happiness again. Scratch that. She was never been this happy. The feeling she have right now is nothing comparable to any of her life's past events.

 

From: Jessi <3

Yes, sunbae! Just kidding! Yes, Tiff!~~~ I've had a great night! Thanks to you! ~~ Sweet dreams ~~

PS. My aegyo is so much cuter compared to yours. You're terrible. xoxo

 

Tiffany is like a creep right now. She have been smiling for a while now as she keeps on re-reading Jessica's message. She never thought that her plan for that night will be successful just like her project. First, she was able to see Jessica's aegyo. Then, she was able to let Jessica be in her safe haven, she even have a picture with her! Plus, they have nicknames for each other now! And lastly but not the least, they have just made an indirect kiss (from the wine bottle)! Wow, she must be dreaming right?

Tiffany, you really are a fool for Jessica Jung.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): As promised, guys! My next update would be next next week! :( Sorry about that. :(

This is since I will be travelling to S. Korea (for the first time) next week! Woohoo! I might as well look for Jessica and Tiffany and other GG members! I CANNOT WAIT!!! OMG!

Anyways, thank you for the new subscribers! Hope you leave comments too! :)

PS. I will be including other GG members in the story too. So, waiiit for it~~~

PPS. You now know, who broke Sica's heart :( Kwon Yuri is a bad creature but I will also involve the story behind it so just so you wait ~~