Chapter 2

Not so ordinary day

"What are you doing right now? Are you doing well wherever you are? Are you that well that you forgot that you left me here?" Jessica thought while she is sprawled In her king size bed. It's already dawn and yet she's still wide awake. She knows that she would be regretting this since in a while she would have to get her off her ever-loving bed and start her first day at work.

Jessica had just graduated from the university and after almost 3 months of job hunting, rejections, waiting and the struggle of proving herself in different companies she had landed in one of the biggest and famous company in the city. She was that eager to find and start working so that her mind would not be clouded by the thoughts of her. She have to make herself busy so that she could get out of her bed and stop sulking over her. Well, it's not a bad thing to stay in her bed all day, right? At least, her bed would not leave her unlike her.

She glances at the clock beside her bed. 4:50AM. It's freaking 4:50AM and yet I'm wide awake. You really must be something that I have to sacrifice my sleep.

she scoffed at herself. You wouldn't really know what love can do to you.

Jessica stopped these thoughts before it gets too deep and make her feel miserable again. So, she got up to start her day. She took a 10-min shower which is suprisingly the fastest shower in her whole life so far. Picked some elegant clothes and prep up for her first day. She is extremely nervous yet happy with what this day could bring.

"Oh, Good morning, Ms. Jung and welcome to the company." Mr. Lee says as he smiled to Jessica.

"Thank you, Mr. Lee. I am very excited to start with this new work."

"Well, I hope you will like it here and  you stay with us for the rest of your life." Mr. Lee said and Jessica just laughed awkwardly.

That was really awkward.

Jessica observes the office. This is bad she thinks. It's too quiet and with silence, her mind will be pestered with the thoughts of her too. Being a keen that she is, she noticed that almost 3/4 of the department are men in their late 40s. The 1/4 is being shared by people within her age bracket including the brunette girl she just met a while ago. Oh, the weird brunette girl. But, wait she's your sunbae, Jessica! You should not call her that! Well, but she is... weird. she thought.

After the office tour, Mr. Lee's secretary and Jessica went to her new cubicle which is right next to Tiffany. "Hello, Ms. Hwang. I hope you don't mind but Ms. Jung will be your official seatmate here from now on." she smirked at Tiffany and asked Jessica to settle all her things in the cubicle beside her. Did she just smirked at me? Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows to the Mr. Lee's secretary.

After giving a questioning look at the secretary, Tiffany just smiled and offered her hands to Jessica "I'm Tiffany Hwang. Head of Project Management. Sorry about a while ago if I acted weird. I was just... Uhh. stressed because... Mr. Lee talked to me minutes before we saw each other." 

Ohh, she can talk. Jessica thought.

"I'm sorry?" Tiffany asked Jessica with questioning look. She did not noticed that she have said those word out loud. And if anyone can see her now, she is a blushing mess. Jessica Jung, you're really an idiot.

"I... nothing. Did I said something? Ha.ha.ha." she said as she reaches for Tiffany's hand and as she laughs awkwardly adding up to the mess she have made.

"Uhhh... my hand, Ms. Jung?" this time it was Tiffany who have said this. Jessica instantly remove her hand just like what Tiffany did earlier.

Tiffany was surprised with action but she gave her precious eye-smile to the blonde girl. Cute.

Tiffany is much composed now compared to what she was a while ago when she met Jessica. She can be really stupid when she's stressed and this goddess  Jessica being her new dongsaeng is not helping.

While Jessica was on a tour with her boss' secretary, she have thought that maybe she was so happy that she will have a new workmate that's why she was a mess a while ago. Not that the girl is really something but the idea of having someone that will be with her most of the time excites her more. She would not eat lunch by herself anymore. She can go to meetings and rant anything with this girl. They can have chitchats and after office drinks. Finally, this boring office would not be the same boring office anymore. Yep, that's right. That's the reason why, TIffany. You are great. she flattered herself with these thoughts.

You just said this to save your because in reality you find this girl really y, TIffany. Who are you fooling here? She cursed at her stupid inner thoughts.

Jessica is now at her seat. Checking out her new laptop and reading some emails that was forwarded to her by Tiffany so that they can start to discuss the things she have to do in this company.

It' almost lunch time and both girls are still busy with their computers. The office is still quiet as usual but the silence between the girls was interrupted by Jessica's stomach.

Jessica tried to hide that it was her. Ooops...Oh, right. I did not grab breakfast before I went here... Just act naturally, Jessica. It's not that embarrasing. You're the only one who've heard it. she thinks as she continued reading emails. Little that she know, Tiffany on the other side is already hiding her laughter.

I swear to God, I just heard her stomach growls. Tiffany thought. "Hey, Ms. Jung. Do you want to grab lunch together?"

"It's only 11:45AM, Ms. Hwang. I'm okay, I'm not yet hungry." Jessica said casually but only to be betrayed by her stomach. Another growl was released and Tiffany could not hide her laughter anymore and Jessica just laughed along with her. 

"C'mon, Ms. Jung get up. Your stomach is saying otherwise. I'll be meeting you in the lobby." she smiled as she walks out of the office.

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): Here's Chapter 2, guys! Are you excited with JETI's first lunchdate? Ottoke!