The Boy

Unexpected Love

Wonwoo wakes up as he hears someone is crying beside him. He wants to move but he feels something sting at his left cheek, and he groans. As his mom hears Wonwoo’s groan, she immediately walks towards Wonwoo and hugs the taller. “You make me worry, Wonwoo-ya,” his mom says between his sobs. “Urgh, why I feel sting at my cheek? It’s hurt,” Wonwoo says in a weak tone. “You don’t remember? You’ve been beaten by gangsters and you was fainted,” Wonwoo frowned. Oh yeah, he wanted to buy snacks before study yesterday night. He remembers about being beaten by the gangsters but who brought him here? Probably his parents worried about him and found him unconscious on the road and brought him here. Yeah, maybe that.

“Let’s go home okay? Your exam is around the corner right?”

 

Urgh, please stop talking about exam now, mum.

 

“You must do well so you must recover before the exam, okay?” Wonwoo sighs as he nods without looking at her mum. I mean, who is not going to be mad if you mum takes care of your exam result more than yourself!?

 

After Wonwoo has been discarded from hospital, his mum drives to their home and asks Wonwoo to rest until he recovers from any injuries so that Wonwoo can study well for his tests soon.

 

 

(SKIP)

.

 

Soonyoung feeds Wonwoo his mom’s kimbab as he asks about hanging out after school with their friends. “I’m sorry guys, I can’t join, exam is just around the corner, I need to do revision,” Wonwoo says after chewing the kimbab. “As expected, our best student,” Jeonghan said while feeding himself with his favorite fried rice(he made it himself). “It’s okay, but you need to promise us you will join us next time okay?” Jeonghan continues. Wonwoo pouts and sighs. He put his head on Jeonghan’s shoulder and says, “I… I can’t promise you guys.. I mean, you all know how’s my parents, right?”

 

“Just say to them you have additional class or go to library after school,”

 

“You teach me lying to my parents!??” Wonwoo lifts his head and stares Jun. “Just this time, Wonwoo.. Please?? You never have fun with us before, we feel pity to you, it’s not like you have to study 24 hours, come on Wonwoo, have fun even though in a short time,” Jun replies while their friends nod agreeing with Jun. “Why I need to lie though? Just tell them I’m hanging out with you guys,”

 

“And you think they’ll give permission to you to hang out with us?” Wonwoo pouts as he hears Soonyoung says and shakes his head lightly. “See? It’s okay Wonwoo, just this time, please~” Soonyoung says.

 

Wonwoo lets out a heavy sigh for nth times and brushes his hair. “Okay I’ll do it but not today, okay? I really need to study after school,” Their friends screams and dances uncontrollably in the canteen with many people watching them weirdly while Jeonghan hugs Wonwoo tight, and says “Thank you Wonwoo, we’ll treat you when we hang out soon,”

 

.

 

Wonwoo sits on one of empty table seats as he grabs the Java revision book he has been looking for before this. As he sits, he immediately put in his earphone in his ears and starts typing codes on his laptop. His teacher has giving him an assignment about binary tree codes in Data Structure subject. He likes the subject but just because this damn binary structured tree codes, he starts hating it.

 

.

 

Mingyu has his day-off today. But, being Mingyu he is who doesn’t know how to stay still and rest in his house, he decides to visit his library on the centre of this town. As he enters the library, the librarian immediately stands up and bow at him. “Sir,”

 

Mingyu nods and smiles. He pulls out his sunglasses and talks with his assistance there. “Has any problem here?”

 

“No, sir, it’s just we need to change some books here in psychology, geography and biology rack,”

 

“Deal with the publishers and tell me the total amount of those book okay? I’ll pay the rest after you pay the book using the money we have collected here. Understand?”

 

“Yup, sir. And, by the way sir.. Do you mind to have dinner with me later?” says the assistance as she stands up and show off his freaking damn tight dress to Mingyu. Mingyu smiles and rejects softly. “I’m sorry but I don’t feel like eating this evening. But you have to eat okay? It’s no good to skip meals,” The assistance nods eagerly before she hides his red cheek with his hands even though she feels a bit disappointment. “I’ll take a look here, you do your job, okay?” Mingyu walks towards the book rack to see the books have been arranged neatly in a right topic that has been stated at the rack. As Mingyu walks while looking at the rack, suddenly he sees a familiar face with some scars at his beautiful face. Is that a boy who had been saved by him?

 

He closes his distance with the boy and sees his name on one of his book, probably his note book for study, Jeon Wonwoo. That is the name of the boy that he saved before. Shamelessly, he immediately sits in front of the boy and stares at his beautiful face, makes Wonwoo surprises and pull out his earphone as he put his hand on his chest-because he is shocked-. “Hi,” Mingyu says while put his chin on his right hand. “Yes?” Wonwoo says as he pause his music player in his phone. “Nah, it’s nothing, just do your work there, ignore me,” Mingyu says while staring dearly at Wonwoo. “Do I know you, sir?” Wonwoo asks as he stares at Mingyu’s face, trying to remember any of his parents’ friends or some ahjussi he helped before. Hmm. But the man in front of him doesn’t really look like an ahjussi though. Mingyu shakes his head as the answer for Wonwoo’s question, makes Wonwoo more confused. “Then.. Do you perhaps, know me?”

 

“Hmm-hmm..”

 

“So, where did we… Met?”

 

“In my dreams,” Mingyu says, makes Wonwoo’s heart beats fast, not sure because of he is surprised at this unknown ahjussi is flirting with him or he likes the pickup line. “Sir, I’m sorry but, you are creepy. Can I have my time to do my assignment please?” Mingyu put his hand down and smirk at Wonwoo. “Sure but you owe me a drink tonight okay?” Mingyu’s voice get too loud in the library, makes people around them looking at their table weirdly and annoyingly.

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Because when I look at you, mine is always drops,” Mingyu said, sweet smile still on his face. Wonwoo stares weirdly at Mingyu and shakes his head slowly. “I… am not knowing you, sir. So..”

 

“It’s okay, my treat tonight. I’ll pick you here, okay? Don’t make me wait too long, 9pm okay beautiful?” Wonwoo’s mouth agape as he hears the nickname. Who is this freaking creepy ahjussi? Why he wants to pick him up this night? “What? Who’s beautiful? Me?”

 

“Yup, why don’t you see yourself and tell me how’s you think about you. It’s perfect,” Mingyu smiles again, he feels happy teasing Wonwoo after he sees Wonwoo’s cute face.

........

 

Hi guys! Chapter 3 is up! Hope you guys still enjoying this story so far~^^