Chapter 34: A Night Full of Surprises

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She somehow successfully invited the girl out once more. Yiseul sends a small smile towards Hayi before the rest of the girls draw their attention back once more. 

“So, I’m getting the first round of shots!” Jennie declares. No one has a chance to back out. Since Jennie says it, so it happens. “This is what my part-time job is for,” she adds with laughter. 

Just like the first time, Yiseul finds herself slightly awkward. But, being in a group that tries their best to include her, she quickly brushes aside the feeling. It would be a waste of their effort if she doesn’t try to at least meet them halfway. 

“Cheers!” 

Their shot glasses roughly make contact before it empties between their lips. 

“Fancy seeing you all here.”

The mocking yet, familiar voice causes them to freeze. From behind their small glasses, they watch the group of Touchstone boys pass by them with evident smug smiles. Hanbin trails from behind and merely waves in their direction.

Jisoo immediately rolls her eyes. 

“It’s boys’ night!” Junhoe shouts from the front of the group before a round of roars follow. 

“Unbelievable,” Jennie comments with a sigh.

“They really had to follow… and bring Chanhyuk,” Suhyun adds, her mood already dampened by the appearance of her protective older brother. 

“Let’s just ignore them,” Jennie says before slinging her arm around Suhyun’s neck, pulling her closer to the group. 

Yet, it was hard to.

Somehow throughout the night, the group of girls continuously find the boys within their vicinity. No matter how much of an effort they make to move or whether they are on the dancefloor or at the bar counter, they are always there.

Suhyun seems to be the most frustrated. Every guy who even thinks to talk to her is stopped in their tracks by Chanhyuk.

“I’ve had enough– I’m going to say something,” Jennie finally snaps. 

Yet, before she could get away, Yiseul holds onto her hand. “Let’s be patient.”

Jennie gives it some thought. “You’re right, they’ll get kicked out on their own. There’s no way they wouldn’t start a fight–,”

“Hey, back off.”

The firm tone coming from Jisoo causes their heads to snap over. The two girls look forward to find Jisoo pulling Hayi behind her as she stands between the girl and a towering man. 

“She doesn’t want to dance with you–,”

“Why are you speaking for her? Stop being a er,” the man accuses.

“I don’t want to dance,” Hayi surprisingly speaks up in response but, the damage is already done.

“Did you seriously call me a er because I wanted you to stop your creepy advances?” Jisoo snarls. “You were literally standing against us, just watching while we were dancing.”

The man merely scoffs. “It’s because you wouldn’t give me a chance to talk to her.”

“She doesn’t want to speak to you– get lost,” Jennie steps in this time as well.

From behind. Yiseul takes a deep breath. This is starting to give her déjà vu. She can’t let it turn out like the last time. Turning her head slightly, she searches for security yet, instead, she allows her attention to shift just for a moment. The boy– if she could remember his name… Junkyu. 

That’s right. Junkyu.

Junkyu could be seen trying to get Jinhwan’s attention but, the latter just brushes him off. 

Yiseul focuses back on the current situation and finds Jennie now standing at the forefront. 

That must be why Junkyu is concerned.

“Get your hands off of me!” 

Jennie’s yell sends Yiseul forward without a second thought. The man has a grip on Jennie’s shirt as she tries to peel away his fingers. 

Yiseul holds onto his fist and his eyes move down to hers. “Just walk away. There’s no reason for you to be angry at us for wanting to be left alone.”

“Too late for that. You lot really piss me off,” he responds.

“I really want to see you try to hit a girl!” Suhyun yells at him from behind Yiseul.

“I really want to see Jennie kick your ,” Jisoo adds.

Yiseul places her hand upon his chest to keep a distance between the two. “It’s not very nice to grab someone like that. Please, let go.”

“Make me,” he snidely remarks before also pulling Yiseul towards him by the hold on her arm. 

Jennie sends a swift kick at his shin and he drops Yiseul to reach for Jennie’s hair. Yiseul instinctively grabs his arm to keep his hands from doing what they intended to do. A quick shrug, he slips out of Yiseul’s hold and knocks her off of her balance. Just as she thought she would hit the floor, a hand behind her back steadies her. She looks up and Jinhwan is already standing there, facing the man.

“Now, you got a kid facing me?”

Jinhwan doesn’t respond verbally to change the mind of the unimpressed stranger standing before him. Instead, he launches a punch so hard that it knocks the man off his feet. A feat quite unexpected coming from such a small stature. Jennie is freed and she watches in shock as he falls onto his back.

She recovers and finds that her anger remains. She attempts to send a second kick, this time aimed at his chin. But, someone pulls her back and she completely misses. She snaps around and finds Junkyu holding onto her hand.

“Don’t bother hurting your foot,” he says with a smile. “Besides, the bouncers are coming.”

“Don’t be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter