Chapter 21: Free Meals- Every College Student's Dream

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yiseul walks into the kitchen with a small yawn.

"Yiseul!" 

The energetic call of her name startles her and her eyes snap open. Even more unexpectedly, it came from Mino. "Good morning, Mino."

He shuffles about for a moment, not knowing whether to lean against the counter or not but it goes unnoticed by the half-asleep Yiseul. "What are you doing here?"

"For breakfast." She heads over to the fridge and reaches her hand up to grab the key from its hiding spot. But, before she could even reach the top, Mino suddenly grabs her hand and holds it back down at her side. She blankly stares at him.

"Why don't I treat you to something on campus today?" 

"I think I'll be okay with just cereal."

"Just… cereal?"

Yiseul nods. "You don't have to hold onto my hand, Mino."

He fails to offer her a response and instead, pulls her out into the hall. "You deserve something else other than cereal," he says. Now standing before her room, he motions her inside. "Hurry and grab your coat."

***

Despite her protests, Mino returns to their table with a breakfast sandwich and hot chocolate for Yiseul. "Where are your gloves and scarf?" he remarks. "Hurry and drink it while its hot." Taking his seat, he gets started with his portion.

"Were you sick of the granola bars?" she asks while wrapping her numb fingers around the warm cup.

He takes a bite and his eyes dart somewhere else. "Uh- yeah."

"What is this?" Seunghoon appears next to their table. "You guys go out for breakfast together? Where was my invite?" 

"You can join us," Yiseul suggests. "You can have this sandwich-,"

"No, that's for you," Mino says and stops her from offering it to Seunghoon instead. 

Seunghoon narrows his eyes at Mino but doesn't comment on his words. "Fine. I'll go get my own breakfast then," he mutters. 

***

Yiseul thought it was going to be a one-time deal but it doesn't stop. It's important to note that it has been three days. So, for three days, Mino has treated her to three meals a day. Regardless of her insistence that he didn't have to do that and that she could cook her own meals, he wouldn't take it into consideration. 

Standing before her room, he offers her a bag of fried rice take-out.

She cautiously takes it from his outreached hands. "Mino, you don't have to do this."

"You fed me weeks' worth of granola bars, I can do this much in return."

"But, the granola bars aren't worth this much," Yiseul softly responds as she stares down at the bag. How is he affording all of this? "Are you eating too, Mino?"

"Of course, I am."

From down the hall, Seunghoon watches on with Hanbin beside him. "He's at it again," he comments quietly. 

"What?" Hanbin asks. 

"He's been buying her food these past few days."

Along with Seunghoon, Hanbin watches the scene in silence. 

***

"Which room, Yiseul?" Rosé shouts from down the hall. 

"The room at the end first," she responds while walking past the open doors with the residents waiting in anticipation. 

Starting with Seunghoon and Jinwoo's room, she begins the room checks. The two step aside and Yiseul walks in. Everything is neat- expected with room checks… and when they've gotten a warning beforehand. 

"You won't go through our things, would you?" Seunghoon asks.

Yiseul shakes her head. 

Subtly, he releases a sigh of relief. 

The last time she was in their room, she failed to notice Jinwoo's large telescope and her attention falls on it. 

"Is that… not allowed?" Jinwoo asks carefully.

"It's fine- alright, we're done."

"Already?" They follow her out in surprise.

She nods before going to the next room. Mino and Seungyoon's room. 

She steps inside and the first thing that steals her attention are Mino's set of drawers which appear to be nearly bursting from the amount of clothes inside. But, she overlooks it. And just as she is about to pass them, Mino backs up against his bed and everything falls apart. More like, the hidden bottles start clanging against one another. 

Seungyoon's eyes dart over to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter