The Brother

The Royals

As Jongup sits in his room, jittery and sobbing. He hears a knock on his door. 

"Get out!! Don't you dare come in!" He shouts at whoever is outside the door. 

"Oh come, Jonguppie~ Don't be like that with your fiance! Himchan got hurt real bad! It wasn't his fault your guard jumped him out of jealousy!" Daehyun sneered from the other side of the door, trying the handle to enter the prince's room, which the prince had thankfully locked. 

Jongup was speechless. 

His anger had turned into silent rage. He wanted to see blood. 

He opened his dresser drawer and pulled out the pocket knife from it. 

"Jonguppie~ How come you are crying over a guard? The last time you cried that man ended up hanging! If you would perhaps cry for me or beg me, maybe I will save your guard this time." Daehyun's tone dripped with animosity at the mention of the guard. He was clearly aggravating the prince. He wanted the prince to reach his limit. 

Jongup walked slowly towards the door, knife held above his head. He will stab the annoying prince's mouth first, then his eyeba-

"Step away from the door!" 

The prince stopped midway at the familiar voice. It surprised him. 

"Wh-when did you get out? What are you do- hey!" The shock and fear in Daehyun's tone satisfied Jongup. He could hear the shuffling of the annoying princes' feet, retreating. It helped dissipate a bit of his anger.

He opened the door to be greeted with the now cleaned up face and much healthier build of his older brother.

"Tell me what happened?" His brother demanded when he was in the little princes' room. 

Jongup told him everything. Leaving out the fact that he and Yongguk had something going on between them. He also mentioned how Yongguk was the one to help encourage him to tell their parents about letting his brother out. 

His brother smiled when Jongup was done, a knowing look in his eyes that made the prince nervous. Was he onto something?

"He is a very honest man indeed. I guess that is what living in the slums do to you." The brother commented which angered the prince.

"Don't say that! He is a lot wiser than us-"

"It wasn't meant to insult him. It's a reality. Being in a high position really gets to your head and eats up your humanity and logic. I was the perfect example for it. Only after being thrown down, did I realize what should have been done." 

They were silent for a while before his brother spoke again. 

"I will help you. Don't worry about this issue right now. I will handle it." 

Jongup brightened up, "What's on your mind?" 

"You'll see. You deserve a lot, little brother. This will be my apology to you since because of me you were under so much pressure. It must've been hard, isn't it? Considering what you went through as a child..." There was a pause as the prince started to tear up again. He had spent very little time with his older brother but he never expected the other to care for him so deeply. His heart was bubbling with so many emotions, it was beautiful. The walls of his heart were gone. He felt alive. 

There was a knock on the door.

The king had called for the prince brothers. 

 

 

Yongguk felt like dying. 

He knew this was the end. 

The royals will throw him on the cutting board even if it was the other persons' fault because he has no one to help him. No money or business to back him up or his family.  

They never cared to know about Jongup or his talents, or cater to his emotional needs. Why would they care about his pleading?

Will Jongup even plead for him? Will he fight for him? 

His prison door opened and he was led out with his hands tied behind him. 

He was expecting to be asked questions about what happened but he was surprised that he was being led farther into the prison. He was starting to panic.

He was pushed into a room where upon looking up, he understood what was going to happen.

Daehyun's guard was sitting at a table, in pristine condition, smiling. 

"Tsk tsk tsk... What have you gotten yourself into?" He taunted, pushing up his optic glass. 

"What do you want?" Yongguk growled lowly. 

"Ooo hold up there, tiger. I'm Himchan by the way. Didn't introduce myself earlier." 

There was silence. 

Himchan cleared his throat, "I'm here because I want to let you know that you are the criminal. Not me. If you say anything against what I told you in court, your little princes' head shall be placed on your lap." 

Yongguk's stoamch fell. He felt sick. No.. not Jongup

"Don't you dare..." He wanted to sound threatening but it came out weak. 

"Honestly. what is it with you and him? You both are ready to die for eachother. What's going on between you two?" Himchan interrogated with a taunting tone. 

Yongguk swallowed thickly. He can't give away what they have. He won't until his last breath. It's something he cherishes too much. 

"It's strange how you make it sound. You must be keeping some secrets about yourself." The guard was pleased when Himchan was visibly shocked. 

"I don't have any interest in our prince the way you have for Jongup." The other tried again. 

Yongguk scoffed, "You need to get a real job. Maybe investigating mistresses or misters of other married couples will suit you." 

Himchan jumped out of his chair, kicking the guard straight in the face.

The cell door opened and Youngjae stood there. 

"Youngjae..." Yongguk whispered, he was so relieved at the man's sight. He didn't know how to comprehend how grateful he was that the royal chief guard appeared and had witnessed what happened. 

"Himchan, I wasn't expecting that from you. Bribing the guards and assaulting our personal princes' guard. You have stooped even lower than before." Youngjae accused, his appearance was so dark that the room was getting heavy from his fierceness. 

"I-I didn't mean to-" Daehyun's guard tried to defend himself.

Yongguk didn't even see when Youngjae moved until he heard a loud dull thump but within a split second Himchan was pushed against the wall, by his throat. 

"You won't speak. Unless I allow you to. In court." The chief guard commanded. 

Himchan nodded with much difficulty, his uneasiness was visible. 

With that, Youngjae left, ordering his soldiers to get both of them to the King's court. 

 

 

Jongup's eyes were bleak, staring at nothing as the king and the jury waited for the guards to come. 

Daehyun had a sly smile on his face.

It was getting the prince anxious because it won't be the first time that he would pull a sick trick on him to make himself the victim. 

Just then the doors opened and it took all of Jongup's willpower to stay in his seat and remain silent. His eyes, however searched for his guards' desperately. 

Yongguk was the same, as he entered his eyes moved around swiftly, quickly catching his prince's swollen, dark eyes; which immediately lit up when they met his but fell as quickly. The guard assumed the prince had seen the blood on the corner of his mouth from the hit a while ago. 

Meanwhile, Daehyun was on the verge of screaming. He felt as if his head might burst from all the thoughts running in his mind. Why is Himchan tied up and following the guard along with the soldier? Did he get caught? No, maybe I can still manage the situation. I can't let them ruin me. He looked at Jongup who was seated across the room on the other side, I will make you kneel before me... Your guard must have got Himchan again but not for long!

Jongup was puzzled when he saw Himchan too. He looked at Yongguk for answers but the guard had his head low. 

What's going to happen?

 

 

 


Happy new year!! Thanks to everyone keeping up with the story despite so much going on! 

Always and FOREVER with BAP! 

I hope you like the story so far! Comments and upvotes are MUCH appreciated! I love you all! Thanks so much!