Runaways

The Royals

It has been two years since that incident.

Yongguk was still in prison but it wasn't as terrible as he thought it would be.

He talked to the other prisoners through the small opening in the doors, it was mostly them shouting to be heard but the stories they had to share were very interesting. They were also treated wrongly and very few men actually committed crimes. He enjoyed their company and the thrill that came along with it whenever they watched out for the guards.

And of course, his prince often came to his cell when everyone was asleep. 

He would like to think it was often but in reality it was every few weeks because of the high risks of being caught. 

Jongup would scratch the door lightly and whisper his name through the small opening whenever the soldiers were asleep or would leave for their break. He always came draped in a long, black cloak hiding himself. 

Yogguk would be there, all he had to do was stand because he was always waiting by the door for his prince. He would push out his fingers to feel the prince's hand holding them. Jongup would then tip toe to look into Yongguk's eyes and smile which the other would gladly reciprocate as his eyes would turn into bright crescents. 

They would exchange very few hushed words, most of them being about how much they miss each other.

Until today, since he recieved a very good news.

The old king had fallen ill and the prince's brother, Jayhuan, was now to be appointed as the next in kin of becoming the King.

 "Free?" Yongguk whispered and Jongup shook his head. 

"Better plan." He whispered back with a wide smile as he interwined his fingers tightly around the others'. It made the other blush and his heart beat sped up. 

"Kiss..." Yongguk whispered softly, in need. It had been too long. He doesn't care how they do it, he just wants to feel the prince's lips. He watches as Jongup presses his lips softly against his knucles, and he yelps sharply when he feels the other's tongue swipe over them. 

"Hey.. not fair!" Yongguk whispers sharply as his face turns into the darkest shade of red. His hands trembles and the prince gives a cocky smile, "You really haven't done anything without me. I can't wait till we are together again." 

The guard tries to pull his hand away, completely surprised at how the other figured out, but the prince holds them tighter and starts showering kisses all over it. It takes everything in Yongguk to not moan outloud. He was extremely sensitive and Jongup was very much enjoying the situation, he knew the other wanted to hear him.

"Hah.. as careful as ever, huh? Well, I need to go now. I love you. I will see you directly on the day of leaving this place."

Yongguk nods, his face and body still on fire, watching his prince leave.

He sits back down and thinks about everything other than what the prince just did to him and his eyes widen in shock. 

Leaving? Leave where?

 

 

The next few days are quiet, Jongup hasn't visited at all. 

Yongguk grows anxious, his brain starts making up thoughts that shouldn't exist, that created doubts. He was crying himself to sleep because of how much he'd be overthinking. He would wake up with a splitting headache and swollen eyes but he didn't care about that, all he cared was about whether what Jongup said was about him leaving to somewhere else or simply just going away for a while. 

He heard quiet footsteps outside and his heart almost burst as he jumped towards the door, looking through the bars only to meet eyes with his brother, Jayhuan. 

"Where is he?" Yongguk asked, not meaning to sound desperate but he knew he did. He was. 

"Calm down" Jayhuan said as he undid the lock of the cell. "Follow me".

He followed the new King quietly and went up the flight of stairs, out of the prison. 

As they stepped out into the afternoon sun and Yongguk's eyes adjusted to the light, he stopped. Frozen at the spot. 

There in front of him, was a guillotine. 

He looked around frantically, trying to find Jayhuan who was nowhere in sight, he was grabbed and forced up the long stairs to the guillotine. 

"There must be a mistake! Please, let me go!" He tried to struggle while still frantically looking around. He notices Jayhuan near the barrier that was holding back the people of the town. 

Jayhuan smiled at him. 

Yongguk never felt so miserable before. He was betrayed by the royals. He should've never trusted them. His head was forced on to the bloodied wooden curve of the structure. He looked up again to catch a glimpse of his prince, but he only caught sight of none other than Himchan, having a disgusting grin on his face.

No way....

Tears started b in his eyes as the masked man started pulling up the huge blade higher and higher. 

The images of Jongup's smile, his shiny eyes and his beautiful face came into his mind. He shut his eyes, wanting to savour all the memories.

The people's cheers got louder and Yongguk knew the guillotine was released. 

He could hear the rusty blade drawing closer and closer to his neck. 

It felt like forever. 

THUD!

 

The guard fell onto something soft. 

Am... Am I in heaven already? He asked himself as looked around. Everything was dark. He couldn't see anything before him. 

He stood up and stretched out his arms, gasping in shcok when someone took hold of them. He tried to get them free but then a pair of lips placed over his and he immediately recognised the softness and shape of them. 

"Jongup..." He breathed after the lips left his. His heart was melting inside his chest, every inch of his body feeling more alive than he had ever felt. He could feel every vein in his body rushing with adrenaline and gushing with the sense of adoration he had been longing. 

"Stay with me." Jongup whispered as he took his hand and led them both through, what Yongguk assumed to be a tunnel. His eyes adjusted in the darkness and all he saw were walls around them.

"Where are we?" He asked, "Are we even alive? What happened to you? Where were you?" 

Jongup stayed quiet and led him deeper inside the tunnel until he felt as if the tunnel was ascending, the ground getting higher. 

He wanted to feel fear and worry but with the other holding his hand so firmly, he didn't want to ask. 

Maybe, they are in heaven. They must be reaching a gate or something. There's no way he escaped such a fate of being beheaded. 

'We're here." His prince whispered. He pushed against something and the door slid open. 

They were in a meadow. There were horses and cows grazing nearby. Then, Jongup's smiling face came into view and he held Yongguk tightly in his arms.

Yes. This must be heaven. 

"We will live here from now on. Away from the palace." 

Huh?

"Away from the palace? Aren't we in heaven?"

Jongup burst into laughter, Yongguk's face flushed red, that was the first time he heard the prince laugh so heartily. 

"No, silly! My brother put a prop in place of your body. As the guillotine would be close enough, the mechanical board flipped, with the mannequin shaped as you moving to the top while you fall below. My brother specifically build that for you! Didn't you wonder why the tower was covered for this guillotine?" 

Yongguk was flabbergasted. They went to such great extent for him? Why didn't Jayhuan tell him anything? Why make him go through such a terrifying experience?

"But, why go through such a length when he could just let me go?" 

"Daehyun would try to dig for the truth. Didn't you see Himchan in the crowd? They would never believe you died in prison. They wouldn't believe anything unless they saw you miserable and begging for your life."

"But..." Yongguk still felt uneasy about this. With this decision, aren't they happy now? When they don't even deserve it? But, could he even fight them all alone?

It was truly all business in the end. No one will leave out on money, he was lucky Jayhuan was appointed as the king. 

"Don't think so much! Let's go to our new house! I decorated it all to suit your tastes!" Jongup pulled the other, not letting his hand go. "My brother told me it's better if we stay away and without any worry."

"W-what about my sisters and mother?"

He stopped. 

He looked at Yongguk with a very concerned expression and the gaurd felt his heart drop to the floor. 

"Your mom's health worsened... I tried my best to care for her. No one let her out of the palace, she was under our constant care... but it was impossible." His eyes started to shine with heavy tears, "I'm so sorry.... Your sisters tried their best too." 

Yongguk had to process what was just said to him. He couldn't believe it. He didn't want to.

"It's all my fault." The guard said with a heavy voice. 

"No! It isn't! She even left a letter for you! Don't do this to yourself! She was very proud of you and wished us well. She knew everything about us! I told her everything!" Jongup pleaded to get the man back to his senses before he succumbed deeper into that thought. 

"Really?" Yongguk asked quietly, "When?" 

"Just a few days ago... we knew you'd be devastated so we never told you... the prisoners living around you told us all about your suffering... I had to be away for us and couldn't visit you..." 

They were quiet for a while. 

"Can we visit her..."

"Yes. We can visit your sisters or call them here whenever you want too. You can also see suitors for them soon. It was something your mother asked me to tell you to do." There was a pause, "Do you want to visit her now?" 

Yongguk was too shaken already. The day felt like an year had passed while he stood there. He held out his hand and Jongup took it. They looked at eachother and then the other smiled. 

"Well, then. Guess we will get you washed up first! You have to look good for her, isn't it?"

Despite how he was breaking, Yongguk already felt like he was being mended. Jongup was truly a blessing to him. He was his lifeline. 

 He managed to give a small smile to the other as he led him into their beautiful, small cottage. 

It was truly made to his tastes. 

Damn the Royalty. Damn everything. 

The only truth that matters in this world is Jongup's heart. 

Thank you, Jongup. 

 

 


Aaaannndddd the first BANGUP fic comes to an end!!

How did you guys like it?? Pleaseee let me knoowww!! I was so happy writing this for you guys! Please let me know your thoughts! I miss BAP so much!

Also, with the current stuff happening in KPOP, if you need any proper news to follow and don't know your way to the truth about the cases going on, I suggest you follow this account on instagram - SEUNGRISWETDREAM (her name is controversial ik and may make you think she is biased but she posts all proper and direct sources and translations of all the news that are filtered and non-bull.) I really suggest you guys ask her or read through her posts to know all the actual crimes and such going on as the kpop community and media is extremely toxic rn. 

As Yongguk said, DON'T BE BLINDED BY THE MASS MEDIA!