Just Enough Clouds

Spring Scent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning came all too soon and I found myself walking towards the park. There weren’t much people around. Birds could be heard chirping while playing in the nearby fountain. There wasn’t much sun out too, just enough clouds. I’d say it was a great day to spend your time in the park. I found an empty bench under one of the trees in the park. After giving it much thought, I decided it was the best place to wait for Bona.

 

“Goodness…”

 

Forty-five minutes have passed and still no sign of Bona. I was beginning to wonder if something might have happened to her but then shrugged it off after recalling the fact that I am her grim reaper and I would be able to sense directly if something bad had happened to her. Knowing the fact that she wouldn’t die until the designated time of her death, I still caught myself thinking of what could be taking her long to get here. Moments later, hands had covered my eyes much to my surprise.

 

“Guess who?” an all too familiar voice asked playfully.

 

I smiled. Bona then quickly removed her hands and made her way in front of me. She was holding her bag behind her, trying to hide something.

 

“Sorry I took so long, I was preparing some stuff for our date. Did you wait long?” she asked.

 

Wait… did Bona just say a date?

 

“Uhm… Uh…. No…”

 

A date… Wait, why am I even thinking too much about this?

 

Bona sat beside me and placed her bag beside her.

 

“So, what have you got in there?”

 

I noticed a carefully rapped box inside her bag.

 

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Bona replied with a hint of excitement in her voice.

 

We started walking together around the park. Bona showed me her favorite places to hang out in the vicinity and told me things that she did here and there way back when she was younger. It must be nice to have those memories. I may have been a grim reaper for like how many years but I never got to experience simple things such as a date, as Bona may call it. I usually just observe the person I’m assigned to and not get involve in whatever the poor mortal is doing. Bona is a different case, I guess.

 

After our quick tour around the park, Bona decided it was time to take a break and have our lunch. She wanted to eat our lunch in this particular area in the park where we have to go thru bushes much to our discomfort. What awaited me thru the bushes was something I would never forget. We were surrounded by a beautiful array of roses and a Cherry Blossom tree in the middle which had pure white,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter