Don't Ever Forget

Spring Scent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Revolving Restaurant

 

7th Table, Observation Tower

 

26th of May, 8:00 PM

 

*Wear a hanbok and bring a marker with you.*

 

 

“What does that even mean?”

 

Cheng Xiao read the last page of “The Book of Knowledge” and examined the key that was attached to the last page of the book.

 

“I wonder what this key is for.”

 

 

The next day, Bona and I spent the whole day at the park. It was the same park that we went to on our first date. We had our lunch on that same area in the park where we have to go through bushes much to our discomfort. We were surrounded by a beautiful array of roses and the very same Cherry Blossom tree in the middle which had pure white, semi-double flowers. Under the tree, I carefully laid out a picnic blanket. Bona then took out the lunch box from her bag that we had filled with various homemade foods.

 

“Why did you decide to have our date here, Eunseo?”

 

“No particular reason, I like it here… There weren’t much people around. Birds could be heard chirping while playing in the nearby fountain. There wasn’t much sun out too, just enough clouds.”

 

“Just like our first date?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Do you have other plans after lunch, Eunseo?”

 

I was actually planning on telling Bona about everything. I want to tell her the truth. The truth about my existence… her circumstance… our feelings…

 

“Well no, not really… just taking it easy for today.”

 

I really don’t feel so confident about telling her everything but I have to do this today. It would be too late if I told her tomorrow. I just have to find the right opportunity.

 

“I actually prepared something for you.”

 

“What is it, Bona?”

 

“Your birthday present… but you’ll get it later around dinner time.”

 

 

“Bona… I have something to tell you.”

 

Bona and I were now walking towards Bona’s planned surprise birthday present somewhere near the mountains.

 

“What is it, Eunseo?”

 

“The truth is… tomorrow… I mean… I am… What I’m trying to say is-”

 

“You’re not my classmate… You don’t attend classes to the same all-girls campus like I do... You don’t need to eat or sleep... What you basically do is to judge whether a person is to receive reward or punishment when they die… You’re a grim reaper, aren’t you Eunseo?”

 

I stopped walking and turned to face Bona who had stopped walking as well. What is going on here!?

 

“Since when did you find out?”

 

“Ever since that day under the Cherry Blossom tree behind the campus… the day we first met. A grim reaper hanging around a person would only mean one thing. That certain person was going to die sooner or later. I guess that would make you my grim reaper, Eunseo.”

 

“Why… Why do you know about all that, Bona?”

 

“Because… It was bound to happen. I don’t have that much time left…”

 

“How do you even know that you don't have that long to live?”

 

“That’s not really what matters right now, Eunseo…”

 

“You knew and yet you insisted to stay with me? Weren’t you scared at all?”

 

“I was… but our meeting was inevitable. A grim reaper would come and take my breath away sooner or later but I was happy… because I got to spend my last days with you. You gave me the chance to know what it feels like to be alive. Thank you, Eunseo… Thank you for going along with my selfishness… and most importantly, thank you for loving me.”

 

I grabbed Bona’s arm and pulled her into a hug.

 

“Bona…”

 

“I love you, Eunseo... I really do… If there was anything else that needs to be said right now is that… I am sorry. I am sorry for being greedy. My selfishness caused you to be separated from the person that is most important to you. I love you but I know that your heart belongs to her… You belong with Seongso.”

 

“What are you trying to say, Bona?”

 

Bona broke free from the hug. She then started walking again towards the elevator that was connected to the cable cars and I followed after her.

 

“I know how much you love each other, Eunseo. I honestly got a bit jealous when I found out about the relationship that you had with Cheng Xiao. Even after the both of you had told me that you had ended things with each other, it even made it more obvious how much you longed for each other. The way you steal glances at each other… the way you act when you’re together… your mood swings... all those moments when you subconsciously start showing how much you actually care for each other… all this time… with Seongso.”

 

Bona and I were now standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter