My Master

Spring Scent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheng Xiao bowed her head as she had realized that it was the Great Jeoseung Saja himself that had personally summoned her.

 

“I have heard a lot about you, Cheng Xiao. You are one of the best grim reapers that we have and you have done quite well over the years. Your zeal and loyalty had not failed you and I would now personally congratulate you on your promotion. Congratulations on becoming the new zenith of the spirit world.”

 

“I feel deeply honoured and privileged to have been chosen as the new zenith but there seems to be a misunderstanding. If I may be allowed to ask, isn’t it true that only one grim reaper can become the zenith? I believe that Son Juyeon still holds that title.”

 

“Did the previous zenith not inform you of your promotion, Cheng Xiao? Son Juyeon had requested that she would personally endorse her title to you. She had officially resigned as a grim reaper three days ago.”

 

“Three days ago?... But Son Juyeon still has a mortal assigned to her.”

 

“That is true. Since Son Juyeon will not be able to complete her last assignment, then that mortal is now officially under your care.”

 

“Why did Son Juyeon resign as a grim reaper?”

 

“We wanted to promote her a hundred years ago but she declined. It was a personal request. Son Juyeon never told the council her reason for such a verdict.”

 

 

“Have you figured out what you want for your birthday, Eunseo?”

 

Bona asked as she was preparing the stuff she needed for a bath. We had arrived back at Bona’s apartment after seeing Cheng Xiao off at the airport and Bona wanted to freshen up before going to sleep. I was drinking a glass of water but now I was just standing in front of the sink with an empty glass on one hand, listening to the sound of the water flowing out from the faucet.

 

“…”

 

“Eunseo?”

 

“…”

 

Bona walked towards me and turned off the faucet. She grabbed the glass that I was holding and placed it on the sink.

 

“… oh… I’m sorry, Bona.”

 

“Is there something wrong, Eunseo?”

 

“… no… I… It’s nothing, Bona. I’m fine.”

 

I turned to face Bona and gave her a hug. There was this unsettling feeling inside of me and I’m having a hard time keeping it to myself. I’ve been doing the best that I can ever since that night when I decided to commit to this decision… The decision I made on a night of a full moon…

 

“Are you sure, Eunseo?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

I loosened my hug to look at Bona. Bona brushed off the loose strands of hair from my face before giving me a kiss on the lips.

 

“Care to join me then?”

 

“For what?”

 

“To take a bath, silly… I already filled the tub. You must have been tired. Why don’t we take a bath together?”

 

 

“This seaweed is so good! Bona sure knows her stuff.”

 

Xuan Yi was now sitting on her designer sofa back in her apartment and eating the seaweed snack that she had bought earlier at the mall.

 

“It sure would be nice if I had someone to eat this with me. I miss Bona. She’s the only one who would eat this with me.”

 

 

Ding-dong!

 

 

“Hmm… I wonder who that could be. I wasn’t really expecting anyone tonight.”

 

 

Ding-dong!

 

 

 

Xuan Yi proceeded to open the door to her apartment but couldn’t find anyone at the door.

 

“That’s strange. I’m sure I heard the doorbell ring. I wonder who- Omo, omo, omo!”

 

Xuan Yi had dropped her seaweed snack on the floor and found herself stuck standing by the door, feeling the cold and sharp scythe around her neck. She found herself slowly backing up inside her apartment and closing the door in front of her.

 

“Who sent you, Xuan Yi?”

 

“Aigoo! Don’t scare me like that, Cheng Xiao. You’re the one who suddenly appears out of nowhere and starts pinning me at my own door.”

 

“I’ve got questions to ask and you better give me answers if you know what’s good for you.”

 

“Okay! Okay! Just put the scythe down and we can just-“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter