(Part 2)To live my life without you…

HEARTSONGS presents TICKTACK by UKISS

 

 

 

I woke up and found myself inside the hospital room. I softly called Eli's name. Someone's holding my hand and I saw it was Kahi besides me.

 

"You are awake. How are you? Are you alright? Do you feel something?"

" Nothing, I'm fine. Thanks ."

 

---

I saw in her face that she is really sad. I know she's still thinking about Eli and I know she can't ask me about it coz she knows she can't accept  it.

---

"Kahi, ..."

"Why?"

She looks at me with her smile.

"Do I look good with this hospital gown?"

"What?oh, yes, of course." I smiled back at her.

"Haha :D , I hope Eli won't see me like this, I feel I'm fat-looking with this hospital gown. I need to be look good in front of my boyfriend. Later,  I will go home and meet him".

 

Is she crazy? Or she is just making herself believing that there was nothing happened last night. She wants to believe that it was like a normal  day yesterday, like the normal days that they have misunderstandings and when she go back home everything will be alright.

 

"STOP!" I shouted on her.

"What's up with you Kahi?". She's looking at me as if she don't know why I said it to her.

 

" Stop it, Uee. Your making it hard for yourself",saying this while I'm holding her shoulders and shaking her.

"What are you saying?"

I slapped her.

"Stop pretending you don't know what's happening. You are hurt and I am too! Seeing you like this, tears me to pieces. Open your eyes! Eli  was gone. Eli is my friend too, there are lots of people who loved him. You are not the only one who was left by him." My voice trembles as I  am crying in front of her.

 

*silence*

 

"Kahi,… I'm sorry for being so selfish. I just want to forget that day. It hurts me a lot realizing he was gone and he will not comeback to me  again. That last moment I was with him, looking at his face and holding his hand, It was so cold; I can't feel him anymore."

 

I feel on her voice the process of accepting the reality though it's hard, I know she can day by day. She smiles at me and I hug her. I lend her  phone to her for at least she can feels ok.

 

"It was the last text he sent to you. I tried to follow you and It's too late, I found you that last moment you were holding his hand and you  were unconscious."

 

"He loves me so much, isn't it?" Uee, smiling at me as she is crying.

"So much, as he tried to breaks up on you for you to forget him easily."

"I know. But for me I won't. He was trying to lie on me that he was ok? That guy!(groan)."(pretending to be mad)

"Haha :D, Eli was trying to make a joke although he's not. A white lies can be."

"Yeah right."

 

We are making fun of ourselves as we forgot all the pains we have. I'm glad she's fine though a little bit. Eli would definitely loves to see Uee ,  accepting and recovering with this. Someday she will forget the pain definitely not what happened. She's a strong a person and she will go  with her life as she used to like before.

 ----

 

I'm home. I can still picture him in front of me, greeting  and hugging me. This apartment won't be lively like before but I promise him to keep  his memories in this place.

 

I can smell him in his room. I picture him asking me if he dressed  good as he smiled at me. I can feel comfort in his room and for this night, I  will stay here in his room.

 

"This is what you want, am I right Eli? I will, I will go on with my life even you are not here physically. Just be here with me with your presence forever,ok?"(looking in his picture)

I feel his arms around me. Lying in his bed as I close my eyes; I can see him besides me,

Smiling  as he looks at me.