What a mess

My bestfriend's girl

 

 

ALICE

My eyes fluttered opened to face the blank white ceiling above me. My mind kept drifting back to what had happened. Jiyong knew what he was doing despite the little mishap before. He struggled a little to put on the but I guess we were both new to the idea. I pulled the fluffy blanket up to my chin. I was under the covers and freezing cold. I turned around to face Jiyong, hoping that he would want to cuddle so we could stay warm together. But the bed was empty. I sat upright and looked around the huge hotel room. Everything was still as it was when we first came into the room. I tapped on my phone on the bedside table. 5.30AM. Maybe he’s in the shower I thought to myself. I got out of bed to find my clothes that had been scattered on the floor as we into each other’s faces a few hours ago, as we entered the room. I began putting on my clothes before peeking into the shower. Empty. I wandered over to the TV room, empty. I couldn’t even find a single trace of Jiyong. His wallet, his phone, his clothes, all gone. No note. I was alone in the huge hotel room. I began to panic, thinking that he had left me to pay for the room. I was scared, I felt helpless but most of all I felt disappointed. I was disappointed because everything felt so real last night that I naively thought he liked me. Tears began welling at the rim of my eyes as the realization hit me, it was all just a one night stand. I picked up my phone and dialled the one number I knew would come to my aid no matter what.

“! Pick up! Pick up! Pick up!” I cursed at my phone.

After countless times of dialling, he finally picked up. I was so relieved to hear his deep-toned voice.

“Yeobseo?” he croaked from the other side.

“Are you asleep?” I asked hastily. More tears began streaming down, staining my face with black mascara and eyeliner. There was a long pause before he answered.

“Of course, its 5.30 in the morning women. I am a normal 20-year-old that loves sleep.”

“Seunghyun, you have to help me.” I wept helplessly. I could clearly hear Seunghyun clearing his throat.

“Hey what happened? Where are you? What’s wrong?” he asked sounding alarmed. From the tone of his voice I could tell that he was suddenly wide awake.

“Alice, are you hurt? I’m coming to you. Tell me where you are.” He asked again. I wiped my tear stained face as I regained my composure to answer.

“I’m at the Westin Hotel. Please Seunghyun please.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

High school ended as summer began rolling in. Both Seunghyun and I scored with flying colours in our SATs. The good old times of the rebellious teenage years were worth looking back at, all those summer hangouts and hours of learning. We were finally having a little break before starting off in a new adventure, an adventure that will take everyone into a million different directions in life. Seunghyun was having the time of his life, rendezvousing with Bom. Bom was beginning to receive modelling and commercial contracts, Asia’s next rising model as the magazines say. As for Jiyong, well I never talked to him again after the incident. I guess somehow I hated him for leaving abruptly like that. Jiyong was off to the life of superstardom together with his posy of friends. Their faces were plastered literally on every billboard as their management company was hyping everyone for their debut. I on the other hand, apart from always being sick, took a part time job at one of the city’s hipster coffee place for the summer holiday. If I was going to own my own restaurant one day, I might as well get familiar with it now.

“Alice, are you okay? You look pale.” Dara asked caringly as she stared at my face.

“Gwenchana. It’s just stomach flu.” I assured her.

“You can tell the manager you want a day off, it’s not a busy day after all. And maybe you should see a doctor too.”

Coincidentally, another girl in my class was also working at the same shop. Sandara or Dara was one of those quiet girls in class. She moved to our school during our sophomore years when her parents migrated back to Seoul after years of service in the Philippines. As it turns out to be, Dara was really the talker. During high school, I always thought she was too shy to talk to anyone. She was really easy to get along with and somehow the void that Seunghyun left was being filled by her. She was a really thoughtful person, always giving people around her a positive vibe and I was enjoying her company. Unlike me, Dara was opting for college life here in Seoul because she was to inherit her parent’s business and they were cautious that she might just stay too long if she went overseas.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

wow, sorry for the lack of update...been busy with my job but I will post another chapter soon.....it's done just needs a few more proofreading...enjoy this one at the mean time lovelies. anyeong!