The Perfect(?) Wedding

Thorns and Roses

Weddings were a beautiful thing, especially when two individuals are getting a second chance at love.

"Ailsa! Eomma needs to put your dress on!" San had been given the task of chasing down the 4 year old while his parents and uncles helped his brothers get ready. How he got that task was beyond his 8 year old self but whatever.

"No!" It took all of San's willpower to just not grab the first object he saw and chuck it at Ailsa's head, in hopes that it'll knock her out long enough for Aideen to get her in her outfit.

"Here kiddo, let me try." San's uncle Taehyun grinned down at him. San gladly let the job go to him and slunked away to where Aideen had just finished Sungwoon's hair. She smiled at him and kissed the top of his head.

"Thank you for trying, San." San couldn't hide his proud smile at her praise.

Ailsa, come out, come out, where ever you are." Taehyun called, in a crouching position. He heard the little girl giggle and instantly knew where she was hiding. He snuck up to her hiding spot and waited for when she began to slip out of the spot to grab her and host her with ease into a fireman carry.

"Gotcha you little monster." Taehyun laughed, carrying the laughing child to the living room where Aideen sat, helping Moonkyu figure out the bow ties for the triplets and her son, Tait.

"Thank you, Taehyun." Aideen took her daughter from the man, inspecting her hair.

"No problem, noona."

Aideen whisked Ailsa away to her room so she could change her into the dress they got her for the wedding. She was thankful that she had done her daughter's hair first thing that morning. Once she was happy with her daughter's appearance, the two went back to the living room where everyone else was ready to go. Aideen and Junhyuk on the other hand were going to get ready at the venue.

"Shall we go, my love?" Junhyuk smiled at Aideen, offering his free hand to her since Tait demanded to hold his other hand. Aideen smiled and took his arm.

"Let's go, my love." Aideen confirmed.

When they got to the venue, Junhyuk's mother and sister whisked Aideen away to the dressing room along with a makeup artist and hairstylist his mom had hired. She also informed Junhyuk that she had put some snacks and drinks for the kids in his designated dressing room. Moonkyu and Taehyun ushered Junhyuk and the kids to his dressing room. Junhyuk was ordered by his brother to get dressed into his tuxedo as soon as they were in the room.

"Make sure the kids are properly covered before giving them any food or juice. My eomma and Aideen will kill me if they get dirty before the ceremony. I'm looking at you, Ailsa." Junhyuk threw an exaggerated glare at the little girl who merely laughed. She allowed Moonkyu to heavily cover with napkins though before being allowed some chips and juice.

10 minutes before the ceremony started, Moonkyu and Taehyun ushered the kids out of the dressing room so they could get their seats and so Taehyun could warm up a bit before having to officiate the wedding. Junhyuk was taking some deep breaths to calm his nerves when there was a knock at the door. Junhyuk called for the person to come in as he continued to calm his nerves.

"Hyukkie, are you ready?" Junhyuk instantly felt himself relax at the sound of his mother's voice.

"Just, give me a second, eomma." Junhyuk requested.

"What's wrong? Do you feel okay?"

"I'm just nervous. " Junhyuk sheepishly admitted. His eomma merely smiled.

"You know who told me the exact same thing just now? Aideen. You know what I told her? That everything will be fine and want to know why? Because you both love each other so much. I remember when I first met Aideen, I didn't think she would be good enough for you or my grandsons. After the wicked witch, I couldn't trust anyone for you. But, Aideen, she was your saving grace. She treats the boys so good and the smile that's on your face when your with her, I thought I would never see again. Because of her, I have another grandson and finally a granddaughter. You two were meant to be and this wedding will be perfect." Junhyuk smiled at his mother's words. She was right, he had nothing to worry about and this wedding will be perfect and go smoothly.

Okay, so, the wedding wasn't as perfect as either him or Aideen thought. It started off well. They met at the entrance of the ballroom so they could walk together down the aisle, his mother and sister going to sit with Moonkyu and his dad to help him with the kids. They walked down the aisle together and Taehyun began to officiate the wedding. He would hear the kids begin to get rowdy but one stern word from his mom or a look from his dad had them behaving again. But somehow, Ailsa slipped away without being seen and went right up to them in the middle of the wedding.

"Carry me, please." Ailsa stood right between them, arms up. It caused the guests to laugh and them as well. Junhyuk saw his mother getting up to probably come and get Ailsa but he told her to sit back down before bending down to scoop up the little girl. Aideen rested a hand on her back and the wedding went on. Ailsa was fine for a while until she wanted to be put down. Aideen made her go back to the table and she did, but then a little bit after, Tait was being asked to be carried so he was. There were close to the end of the ceremony when there was a loud thud, followed by crying. Taehyun stopped mid-sentence, recognizing the cry. Aideen and Junhyuk recognized the cry as well and both were going to rush towards the cry when they saw Junhyuk's mother already on it.

"Aigoo, Ailsa is such a handful. Hyung, you're going to have your hands full when she starts dating." Taehyun joked, causing the guests to laugh.

Junhyuk's mother checked over Ailsa and got her to quiet down and finally they could finish the ceremony. Ailsa stayed in Junhyuk's mother's arms the rest of the time, still sniffling. The ceremony ended with a sweet kiss between Junhyuk and Aideen until Tait began to squirm, wanting to be put down. After that, Aideen and Junhyuk went to Junhyuk's mother to find out what happened.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't even notice that she had gotten up again." Junhyuk's mother apologized. Aideen merely smiled and shook her head.

"She can be very quiet when she wants to be, it's not your fault." Aideen reassured while Junhyuk took Ailsa in his arms to check the injury.

"Ailsa, what happened?" Aideen asked.

"I hit my head." Ailsa mumbled.

"And how did you hit your head?" Aideen wondered.

"Because I was playing when I wasn't 'Sposed to." Ailsa admitted, earning a light tsking sound from Aideen.

"Now you see what happens when you don't listen?" Ailsa nodded her head. "Good. Now give halmoni a kiss and say sorry for not listening." Ailsa reached out to Junhyuk's mother who smiled at Ailsa as she took her from Junhyuk.

"Sorry, halmoni." Ailsa said, before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Aigoo, it's okay darling." She cooed, giving Ailsa a tight hug.

"You know who were handfuls when they were Ailsa's and Tait's age? These three, and these three." Junhyuk's father gestured to the triplets before gesturing to Junhyuk, Junhyuk's sister, and Taehyun who had joined them. "If anything, Ailsa isn't as bad as Taehyun was." Junhyuk's father added.

"Appa." Taehyun whined.

"We're going to go and greet everyone. Kids, listen to halmoni and haraboji. The food will be here soon. Let's go, my love." And with that, Junhyuk and Aideen were off. It seemed like everything was going fine until a few hours later when Sungwoon ate too many sweets and threw up, Yoonsan had gotten into a small fight with another child who had also attended the wedding, and Hojeong had somehow gotten a hold on wine. He didn't drink it but it did spill all over himself.

"I think we should call it a night." Junhyuk had suggested as he helped clean Hojeong while Aideen comforted Sungwoon who was throwing up again but this time in a toilet.

"I think you're right." So with that, Junhyuk and Aideen were saying bye to everyone and then gathering their kids to go home.

Sungwoon threw up three more times that night at home, Hojeong complained of a headache because of the smell of the wine, San had pain in his hands from punching the other boy, and the twins were being difficult about sleep. All of these in turn kept Aideen and Junhyuk up very late as they tried to attend to their children and they ended up missing their plane to their honeymoon the next day because they slept in.

"Should we reschedule the honeymoon? See about getting the same flight at a later time and I can call the hotel about our reservations." Junhyuk wondered as he and Aideen made breakfast.

Just as Aideen was going to answer 'Yes', Tait came in, looking sickly.

"Mommy, I don't feel good." Aideen handed the pancake flipping job to Junhyuk as she went to check on Tait only to find him extremely warm. Fever.

"Just cancel it and get a refund. Tait's sick and I know Ailsa is going to end up getting sick and then the triplets. We can have a honeymoon later. Besides, who says we need to go some place else to have fun." Aideen lowered her voice for the last bit and gave Junhyuk a flirtatious look before picking up Tait and carrying him away. Junhyuk couldn't help but happily sigh, feeling like the luckiest man on earth with the perfect wife and five wonderful (depends on the days sometimes) kids.